Author Topic: a path less taken  (Read 127 times)

Offline Howie_Noble

• Species: Lynx Rufus Sapiens (anthro bobcat)
  • everything has its poem
  • Male
a path less taken
« on: December 17, 2016, 07:04:34 pm »
A crossroad was happened upon, so I chose a path less taken...
Good day everyone. I like to write in character, so please indulge me this once.
I'm Howie Noble, a middle aged male anthro bobcat. Hailing from Indiana originally, I now reside in Florida.
It's a pleasure and privilege to be here, so I say thank you for your hospitality.

Howie  :)

... and thanks to a little looking, (my natural curiosity and love of questions bade me ammend this post...)

"Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?" - a deliberate internet search for a family friendly (-ish at least) furum 

"How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?" - known about since the early 90's, after making friends when I moved to the Disney area/Central Florida, been one? maybe aren't one yet, even though it was always here waiting to emerge

"Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?" - an academically oriented middle aged male anthropomorphic bobcat. He's from the flatland farmfields of the midwest, but has traveled to other countries and studied a bit too. He loves to cook, speaks in a formal manner, is very inquisitive, sociable, friendly, strangely bold, accepting of all species, and will share helpful hints and tips about anything he knows of to anyone, even if it's uninvited.

"What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?" - fur some reason it's easy to relate to, always had 1 or more four legged family members since I can remember, so having had a 'furbling' is a normal thing. also because it's fun to be part of a community that likes to have positive fun in such a creative and 'off the beaten path' way. it's liberating

my music interests are vast, yet these days i've been into Major Lazer and Galantis. (:  otherwise it can range from opera to metal, or even opera-metal.

food likings, oh my, we'll talk about this more in the right thread...  8)

I like to draw sometimes, watch sunrises/sunsts at the beach, starwatch with a simple telescope. study english vocabulary, and internet surf a bit as well as bicycle around my neighborhood for fresh air.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:25:01 pm by Howie_Noble »
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: a path less taken
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 08:46:53 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Howie_Noble

• Male
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 08:50:53 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

Thank you Kobuk. :)
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 09:06:48 am »
Welcome to furtopia Howie_Noble.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Here is a brochure we hand to all new members. It has some good
info about the forum.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Howie_Noble

• Male
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 10:13:23 am »
Welcome to furtopia Howie_Noble.
"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome." ... Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Thank you Old Rabbit.

Another bit of info I'd like to add is that the reason I chose the bobcat is because one visited me one night at my campsite long ago. It's eyes glowed bright and tufted ears were just visible from the firelight. That was 35 years ago, so I'm pretty sure that by now that bobcat has returned to the earth, but that special moment it shared with me lives on in my mind heart and soul.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »
Hi Howie! Welcome to Furtopia!  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

Iara's Adventures
Enchanting Customs MLP Blog
My dA page

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 11:26:20 pm »
Welcome! I wish you a great time here! Enjoy your stay.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Howie_Noble

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 12:06:46 pm »
Thank you Iara and Subzerus.
I appreciate your greetings.