Author Topic: Another of those new things  (Read 249 times)

Offline BuzzWolf

• Species: Augment TigerWolf
  • Resident Supervillian
  • Male
Another of those new things
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:57:29 am »
I guess I have to make another of these things since this is a new forum an all for me, bear with me, it's been a few years at this point since I've joined up to a new forum like this, so if I wander, or end up out in left field, that's why

So, anyway, been poking around looking for a new place to hang out and do the rp stuff, the last one I was on has kinda gone the way of the dinosaur as far as the rp section goes, or rather, the advanced rps have anyway, it's been overrun with one liners to the point can't even keep a indepth one running for more than a couple weeks or so. I suppose that's what's brought me wandering about, see if there's any life here for it.

As for myself, since it wouldn't be much of an intro if I didn't at least give some details, sona's a tigerwolf, based the design for him in far flung future concepts, with a bit of a cross between the wonderfully gritty war hammer 40k, with some elements of things like Enterprise, and bits and pieces from a few books I've really picked up a fondness for the way they describe the future and whatnot, if that gives an idea at all.

I dabble a bit with the art stuffs on occasion, when I can get myself outta the slump to actually draw crap (I think the loss of my big RPs might've factored into that, since I used those as inspiration a lot of times), as well as I do photography here an there as I get the actual chance for it, that one'll probably kick back up in the spring since I  tend to be in a slump with it in the winter months when I can't take the bike out an go on a photo hunt kinda thing

Can't really think of anything else that might be relevant at the moment, aside from that I do a bit of gaming, I do stick to console for the most part, I just got tired of trying to keep up with the constant upgrades game that comes with pc's

That's all for now, starting to wander a bit at this point, props to ya if you made it through this whole thing without getting distracted lol

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Another of those new things
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:27:58 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia. :)
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 11:20:28 pm »
Welcome to our forums! I wish you the greatest time in here!
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 04:01:01 am »
Hi BuzzWolf, welcome to Furtopia!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Happy Holidays to all.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:20:09 am »
Welcome to furtopia BuzzWolf.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Here is the brochure I give out to our new members. It has some
good info about the forum.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 10:11:27 am »
Welcome Buzzwolf!
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline BuzzWolf

• Species: Augment TigerWolf
  • Resident Supervillian
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 06:55:56 pm »
I think I actually covered most of this in my initial, but I tend to ramble and meander about more often than not with stuff like that, so I'll structure it a little better to clear it up a bit more

- Mind Telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
Well, to be honest on this one. Google. the last forums i came from, the RP section has started to become a sad excuse of what it used to be, haven't been able to keep the advanced players around long enough to keep a story running for more than a couple weeks before players start dropping like flies just to whatever situation is happening in the background for them, and the ones that survive (and go on for stupidly long without actually going anywhere) are the single liners that wouldn't even be suiting for a Skype styled RP, so yeah, kinda looking for something new in that area

- How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
This ones kinda a funny one, I've had an interest in the fandom for probably around fifteen years at this point, but I can't say I've really been a part of it, for more than twelve, maybe thirteenish years, I actually found out that the fandom existed because of 'that one episode of CSI', I didn't know there was an actual fandom before I happened to catch that episode, but I've always had a love of anthro styled characters (Calvin and Hobbes was, and still is, one of my favorite comic series to date), so it just kinda made sense when I found out there was more to it than what that episode of CSI showed

- Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
The simple answer to this one, is yes, my sona's a Tigerwolf of the Deep Scifi variety, built around the love I have for dark and gritty future stuff, the more indepth answer to all that's involved with him would probably take up most of this page to explain. Simply put, 11'6" Tiger based genetics, with a few wolfish accents strewn about (namely the slightly more pointed ears, a little more define muzzle, 'frayed' tail tip, and black and white patterning rather than orange white and black), with a few metallic bits here an there that usually wears mechanics casual clothing (Jeans, tshirt, and button up, cabelas styled shirt left open and the sleeves rolled up) with a pair of glasses set across his nose.

- What interests you about the anthro fandom?
I think I 'kinda' answered this one with the how I got into the fandom, but to go a little more in depth with it, I've always loved the idea of anthro characters in stories and videogames, the designs reflect more than just where they came from, they can reflect emotion and personality visually so much better than simply using human characters. in all honesty, it's really just a preference, I've seen it done just as well with humans, but I find furs to be more visually interesting on top of everything else that goes along with it

As for the IRC, I actually already found my way in there the day I asked to join, I've been on the FurNet IRC's for a good while already, so it just took a few tweaks to have limechat able to link into the furtopia IRC as well

I also noticed the bit about the 'family friendly' thing, not entirely sure how I feel about that one...it'll certainly make it hard for me to find the kind of RP's I was hoping to see around here if they have to be dumbed down Disney Channel style, I like a bit of dark, and crude humor, struggles and triumph, even the concepts of throwing a group into a situation and forcing them to react is utterly facinating to me, seeing what they do, hold up their morals in a tough situation, or do what's necessary to survive instead? I love seeing, and playing out scenearios like that

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 11:31:17 pm »
We have a fursona bio post that you could check out and post your sona's info. We also have a +18 part of the forums that you can see how to join when you click adult filter ontop of the page but I don't know how active that part of the forums is as I don't have acces to it.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • Art procrastinator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 06:05:12 am »
Welcome to the forums, BuzzWolf. If you want to set up an RP you can check the sticky topics in the roleplay board for more information.