Author Topic: Well hello there....  (Read 302 times)

Offline TheRevWells

• Species: Can I just be a Toys-R-Us kid for now?
  • Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
Well hello there....
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:38:49 am »
My registration just got approved, so I thought why not head over to the introduction forums and make my introduction to everyone.  Not sure really on where to begin, but, I will save you all the long and boring story of how two people, fell in love, played a bit of Twister or Hokey Pokey and out popped myself - 9 months later.  Anywho, fast forward to 2017 and I came across this forum after watching a documentary a few months ago called Fursonas.  This may sound a bit odd, but while watching the documentary, all of a sudden, something inside of me clicked, fell into place, and now, here I am.

My name is Eric, I live in Michigan, and have been married a bit over 10 years.  Have always known about this community, but really never ever thought I would be here making an introduction.  Quite honestly, for the longest time, I had somewhat made fun of those, not to their face, or even on social media, but to myself, made fun of those who do partake in this community, etc.  But now, here I am and making my introduction.  Weird...huh?  Not sure on the age range of people here, but myself, I am, UGH, a bit older, 40 years old to be exact and after watching Fursonas, I thought I try to find the biggest community/forum that I could find regarding furries, etc, and well, here I am.

Honestly, not sure where to begin, etc.  Not even sure how long I will be active upon here with everyone else, but for now, I will be and am looking forward in chatting with others on here and even hopefully, those around my age, or if not, no worries at all.  But for now, just wanted to stop in, say hello, and hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend.  In time, I may have a TON of questions regarding this community, but its not to make fun of those, but rather, to understand and to see if anyone has had a late realization in their lives regarding all of this, etc.

Keep on keeping' on

TheRevWells

P.S. and no, I am not a minister, reverend, etc.  Just liked the username and use it for my social media accounts.  Take care
I've grown tired of chasing/Convinced I was in need/And now the years I've spent/Only a slave to this/Tomorrow may fall/And today is already gone/I will no longer adore these things/That will never satisfy me - As I Lay Dying - I Never Wanted

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Well hello there....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:47:38 am »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

And if you want to learn a little bit more about furries and the furry fandom, you can check here. ;)

http://forums.furtopia.org/general-furry-discussion/a-furtopian-newcomer's-guide-to-being-a-furry/
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:57:56 am »
Hi and welcome! Don't be afraid of making questions! No one will take them as making fun of anyone so go ahead. Just keep in mind the sfw rules.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 12:15:37 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

And if you want to learn a little bit more about furries and the furry fandom, you can check here. ;)

http://forums.furtopia.org/general-furry-discussion/a-furtopian-newcomer's-guide-to-being-a-furry/

Thank you for that.  Ill have to check that out today and thanks for the welcome  :)

Eric
(TheRevWells)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:21:34 pm by TheRevWells »
I've grown tired of chasing/Convinced I was in need/And now the years I've spent/Only a slave to this/Tomorrow may fall/And today is already gone/I will no longer adore these things/That will never satisfy me - As I Lay Dying - I Never Wanted

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »
Hi and welcome! Don't be afraid of making questions! No one will take them as making fun of anyone so go ahead. Just keep in mind the sfw rules.

Thank you for the welcome and will do.  I am pretty much always safe for work.  Sometimes its just best to be a square, right?  :)

Eric
(TheRevWells)

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 12:19:04 pm »
One question that really has been on my mind lately is the concept of a fursona and how does one go about starting there?  For one, I cannot draw to save my life, so Id either have to get a person to draw it for me, etc.  This is all really new to me and once again, thanks for all the welcomes.  Another question I did have is regarding the forum that one can post poems, writings, etc in.  I have two that I had wrote years ago and later will be putting them up for others to check out, etc, but there is language in one of them and its only the one time it appears.  Now, should I censor it somewhat when I post it or no? 

Eric
(TheRevWells)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:21:19 pm by TheRevWells »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 12:43:14 pm »
If you want to ask someone to draw something for you, you can post a thread in this forum:
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/

If you are doing art yourself and need tips and tutorials on how to draw, you can post and ask here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/

There's two options for your poem:
a) Censor out the bad words/parts and post your poem here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/poetry-corner/

b) Wait until you are able to post in the adult section which is here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/administerial-roars-and-woofs/access-to-adult-forums-on-furtopia/
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 12:48:59 pm »
If you want to ask someone to draw something for you, you can post a thread in this forum:
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/

If you are doing art yourself and need tips and tutorials on how to draw, you can post and ask here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/

There's two options for your poem:
a) Censor out the bad words/parts and post your poem here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/poetry-corner/

b) Wait until you are able to post in the adult section which is here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/administerial-roars-and-woofs/access-to-adult-forums-on-furtopia/

Awesome!  Thanks a bunch for all the info.  Time to get a posting  :)  First poem posted.....its a go!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:01:21 pm by TheRevWells »

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator (Belgian Malinois)
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 01:07:07 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia! We are all friendly one degree or another, and most of us don't bite, so I hope you find this a good place to ask questions and get the answers you seek. The average age of active forum members is in the 20's (I think), with a good handful of us being older (in the 30's-60's range). Before I get too far though, let me issue you your complimentary brochure (or Mod Post of Doom, as some call it):

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

I can't draw for beans myself, but I do write. If you are descriptive enough it shouldn't be too hard for an artist to draw a picture of whatever character you come up with.

Please feel free to post your poetry and other writings as long as they are within the listed guidelines. If you have any questions feel free to ask a Mod. They're pretty good at getting back to you quickly here.

I hope you're hungry. I smell Old Rabbit baking more welcome cookies.  ;)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 01:33:16 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia! We are all friendly one degree or another, and most of us don't bite, so I hope you find this a good place to ask questions and get the answers you seek. The average age of active forum members is in the 20's (I think), with a good handful of us being older (in the 30's-60's range). Before I get too far though, let me issue you your complimentary brochure (or Mod Post of Doom, as some call it):

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

I can't draw for beans myself, but I do write. If you are descriptive enough it shouldn't be too hard for an artist to draw a picture of whatever character you come up with.

Please feel free to post your poetry and other writings as long as they are within the listed guidelines. If you have any questions feel free to ask a Mod. They're pretty good at getting back to you quickly here.

I hope you're hungry. I smell Old Rabbit baking more welcome cookies.  ;)

Cookies....mmmmmmm - is that part of the package?  Thats what I am talking about!  A complimentary brochure.  I have arrived for sure!  Despite my insanity, thank you for the welcome and the tips, etc. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:57:21 pm by TheRevWells »

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 11:46:53 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia!  8)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

Iara's Adventures
Enchanting Customs MLP Blog
My dA page

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 05:34:22 am »
One question that really has been on my mind lately is the concept of a fursona and how does one go about starting there?  For one, I cannot draw to save my life, so Id either have to get a person to draw it for me, etc.  This is all really new to me and once again, thanks for all the welcomes.  Another question I did have is regarding the forum that one can post poems, writings, etc in.  I have two that I had wrote years ago and later will be putting them up for others to check out, etc, but there is language in one of them and its only the one time it appears.  Now, should I censor it somewhat when I post it or no? 

Eric
(TheRevWells)

Also a drawing is not necessary for a fursona. As long as you can describe your fursona, that's good enough.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • Art procrastinator
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2017, 09:17:56 am »
First of all, welcome to the fandom. I hope you'll like it - there's plenty to see.
Also, if you ever want to know something feel free to ask around. We'll gladly help you.
See you around.

Online Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 07:55:31 am »
Welcome to furtopia TheRevWells.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com
My .com site is currently down. Hope to have it up
again soon.

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 12:00:58 pm »
First of all, welcome to the fandom. I hope you'll like it - there's plenty to see.
Also, if you ever want to know something feel free to ask around. We'll gladly help you.
See you around.

thank you very much and thanks for the warm welcome.

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 12:01:24 pm »
Welcome to furtopia TheRevWells.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

thanks!

Offline TheRevWells

• Male
    • TheRevWells Twitter
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 12:02:22 pm »

Eric
(TheRevWells)

Also a drawing is not necessary for a fursona. As long as you can describe your fursona, that's good enough.

thank you for that info.  i had a feeling that it wasnt, but for some reason, at least in my crazy and old mind, having that drawing/fursona/etc, I think, will indeed be a big help etc