Game Master status is something required at Furtopia before starting role-play threads.
The responsibilities of a Game Master (GM) are:
- To keep a close eye on, and be responsible for, their threads.
- To report any broken Furtopia rules to a moderator.
- To enforce their own rules in the game fairly
- To "run" their games, and drive the story of their role-plays in some general direction.
- To settle disputes among the participants in their games. The GM’s decisions on the story and the game rules are final.
GMs should seek help from Furtopian staff when players break the forum rules, or if players have broken the rules or ignored GM instruction enough that the GM would like them removed from the game.
In order to become a game master, you must apply by contacting a moderator or an administrator. Your application must include:A completed Role-play Introduction post with:
1. A clear description of the basics of the story. You don't have to give away the whole plot, but make sure users have a general idea what's going on.
2. A description of the environment or world that the story is taking place in. Maybe describe whether or not humans exist,
3. All rules you expect users to follow while playing in your game. (for example, No-Godmodding.)
4. An example Character sheet for new players to fill out.In a separate area:
A. Please indicate any problems you expect may come up in the story, if any. Even some good role-plays have potential problems that GMs will have to keep a close eye on, and a good game master sees these areas before they are problems. (For example: If your role-play starts in a tavern, you might say you'll keep a close eye out for over-use of alcohol in the game.)
B. Please describe a more long term idea for the story and where you expect it to go. You should have a general idea of this before the game starts. The staff want to see that you have done at least a small amount of planning.
The staff will review your application, and may ask for revisions or additional details. Once we have all the information we need, the application will be reviewed. Please be patient while the staff makes a decision.
After you become a game-master, you will not need to go through the whole process again, but all of your role-plays should include areas 1-4 in their OP.
Including this information is considered part of your responsibility as a GM. Ignoring this responsibility can lead to GM status removal.To Clarify, You are applying for "GM Status," which will allow you to create as many games as you want. Once you have it you don't need to apply for each and every game. It's a one time thing.
Removal of GM Status:
When you become a GM, you are making an agreement with Furtopian staff that you are going to take responsibility for the role-plays you start. Game Master status is a privilege that can be removed if you do not properly manage and maintain your games and keep the rules in check. Always contact a moderator to close any threads that you no-longer want to be responsible for, either for lack of interest, or if you feel that they have become too much for you to manage. Remember the responsibilities listed above and take them seriously. Other players can get out of hand in your threads, and that is NOT a bad reflection on you. But, you have to take responsibility and get the Furtopian staff involved when it happens, so that we can take care of things.
If your threads become a regular problem for the staff, and we find that you are not taking responsibility for your games, your status as GM will be removed and your games will be closed if you can't find another GM willing to officially take them over.