Author Topic: V.O.I.D. (IC)  (Read 503 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Aryd

  • Hero Member
  • Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 1034
V.O.I.D. (IC)
« on: February 16, 2016, 03:45:36 pm »
It was a little past 4 o'clock in the morning, so it was still dark out. Then again, it was always dark out at the bottom of the ocean. The crew of the Hermes was told to be at the dock at around 3, but hardly anyone ever showed up that early. With the ordeal of taxiing the sub up to to an airlock, and the rigorous disinfection process, it always took at least an hour before the ship was actually ready to be be boarded. So, for the most part, the crew was just arriving. Thankfully, there was enough to do on the dock to keep anyone who was going to be sitting around waiting occupied for at least a little while.

Kieran Noxis had leaned his seat up against the wall in the bar. Of course, he wasn't there to drink. No, he had never really acquired a taste for alcohol, especially not the stale, unrefined crap they had access to in Phi. In his opinion, the bar was one of the more interesting places to sit and wait. He found a sort of dark humor in watching old seamen who didn't know any better drink their cares away - along with a few other things, of course. It honestly baffled him how the barkeeper, a panther who went by the name Euro, was able to keep his sanity amidst the childish whining of drunkards.

The captain of the Hermes, a bull named Baxter, left the mail office with an envelope in hand, and plopped down on the bench outside. He didn't bother opening it, as he already knew what was inside. He was getting old, and it would be foolish of him to expect to keep his position when he knew that there were younger, more able bodies ready to replace him. He knew that he wouldn't have this job forever, but he was just a bit shocked by how this day had snuck up on him. He leaned his head back, his horns tapping against the window behind him, and exhaled.

Edgar Moore placed his belongings on the nearest bench, and rounded the corner, looking upon the endless sea of refugees. They didn't have anywhere to go, the colony of Phi was already overpopulated. So, they had no choice but to stay in the docks, so densely populated that it was impossible to step two feet without bumping into someone. There wasn't a war or anything going on though. Most of the refugees were the survivors of pirate attacks on far off colonies. He used to be among them, in fact he used to be highly respected by them. It wasn't that they didn't respect him anymore, though. He was revered among them, as his medical skills had saved the lives of countless people who couldn't afford professional treatment. But he knew that there was a saying in Phi: "If you're good at something, Poseidon finds out." A few weeks ago, he'd been plucked from his home, selected for "special duty" aboard the Hermes. He wasn't sure if he'd ever be here again. He wasn't sure if he'd even survive this voyage. All the uncertainty frightened him.

(Go ahead and intro your characters now. The RP is going to remain in the dock a little bit, so that people can make apps and intro themselves.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:28:08 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!


Offline The Wise one

  • Hero Member
  • Bro
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 15101
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 06:30:38 am »
To Kieran's surprise, a rather decent looking she-jackal came into the bar and ordered a couple of shots for herself of the strongest whiskey they had. She somewhat enjoyed the burning sensation if not anything else as it would cool down to a gentle warmth. She looked around the bar and it was obvious to her that she was able to be singled out rather quickly. But rather than pay any mind to the rest of them, she minded her own business and continued on with her day.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/


Offline T-Yoshi45

  • Hero Member
  • 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 3956
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 09:29:11 am »
"Of all the times...uhhh..." Marie came up towards the dock, single suitcase in hand and unusually pulled together one for someone down her and two for someone up late in this night. She found a bench near the dock and situated herself, still seeming tired. "Of course of the five kids in the family they go for the youngest...Should be proud but don't change the facts, it sucks..."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Aryd

  • Hero Member
  • Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 1034
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 12:12:50 pm »
A tall buffalo, who was muscular but still appeared to be well into his sixties, hobbled over to the she-jackal, and drunkenly uttered a somewhat flirtatious greeting. "Heu... 'ello las. Whas a pretty lady like you doin' in a place like this...?" This was immediately followed by a rancid burp, which cause Kieran to begin cackling, and Euro to mumble "Real smooth, mate." The buffalo dismissively waved his musclebound, shaggy arm at Euro, growling "Bah!" at him, before turning his attention back to Jula, trying to appear suave.

Edgar pulled his gaze from the refugees, and walked back to the bench where he'd set his things, only to find that Marie had situated herself on the far side of the bench. Trying to avoid catching her attention, he quietly scooted his bags over a bit. However, he didn't seem to notice that Marie was actually a bit tired. So, when he scooted his bags to rest between them on the small bench, they bumped into her side, ultimately leading to her falling off the bench, and Edgar's face flaring up a bright red, obviously mortified.
GameMaster Status!


Offline T-Yoshi45

  • Hero Member
  • 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 3956
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 09:40:12 pm »
Marie fell to the wood dock with a thud, rubbing her head as she stumbled a bit to her feet "Ah, damn..." she nudged the bags back over a bit so she could sit again "C'mon, of all the...ugh..." she started brushing off her dress "Just had to wear the nice dress tonight Marie...just had to..."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Aryd

  • Hero Member
  • Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 1034
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 05:05:03 pm »
Edgar was barely able to make any words escape his lips. "... sorry..." he mumbled, though it was more of a scared squeak. Quickly, he gathered up his bags, and walked to another bench, praying that Marie wouldn't notice as he stumbled away. But in his mortified, embarrassed state, he'd failed to notice a small edge on the ground, and ended up tripping over it, sending him and his belongings tumbling to the ground.
GameMaster Status!


Offline HazardJackal

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5168
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:31 pm »
(Sorry i'm late. :P )

The hulking form of a giant salamander sat down quietly next to the bull.  Brute briefly looked over to Baxter, noting the disappointment in his expression.  Brute had a feeling he knew what this upset was about, but as always, he stayed silent, as there was nothing he could say that would help.

(Crappy post, but at least it's something, eh?)

Offline Aryd

  • Hero Member
  • Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • *****
  • Male
  • Posts: 1034
Re: V.O.I.D. (IC)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 05:27:57 pm »
Baxter was so caught up in his predicament that he barely noticed Brute sitting down next to him. Quickly, he tucked the envelope into his back pocket, and turned to face him. "Sorry, I didn't see you there... You're Blair right? The engineer?"
GameMaster Status!