Author Topic: Bad movies you have seen.  (Read 3484 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: Bad movies you have seen.
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2016, 09:10:15 pm »
LOST IN SPACE--Based very loosely on the popular classic 1960s television series about "The Space Family Robinsons" who leave a depleted and overpopulated Earth for the Alpha Centauri star system to colonize a habitable planet. About the only saving quality of the movie is Mimi Rogers poured into a skin tight jumpsuit. The B-9 robot, perhaps the most expensive SFX in the film, only bears a remote resemblance to the original robot--also featured in a Taco Bell commercial.

Looking at the original series, the SPX were pretty cheesy and science had little to do with anything. Examples: Space aliens on a ship which captures the Jupiter 2 are just golf carts covered in cheese cloth equipped with cattle prods. During a spacewalk, a comet passes by. Heat from the comet causes the access door of the spaceship to jam. Irwin Allen, which produced the series, was the king of Sci-fi TV back in the 1960s--with such shows as Voyage To The Bottom of The Sea, The Time Tunnel, and Land of The Giants.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:20:18 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
A Christmas horror story.

It's four stories, three of them tied together, all of them ended pretty mediocre, and the only story that had a semi-nice ending was the one with the changeling.
@}->---Life is a stage, and we're all in the cast.

Offline Holt5

• Species: Artistic theologian-philosopher
  • Male
    • My home base!
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2016, 06:12:26 am »
I watched Now You See Me 2 the other day. Lots of unnecessary and unexplained plot-holes - seemed more like something to dazzle younger kids. The first one was good in my opinion, but the sequel was just bleh...
"If you wait until you can do everything for everybody, instead of something for somebody, you will end up not doing anything for anybody." - Malcolm Bane