Author Topic: Bad movies you have seen.  (Read 3835 times)

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
Re: Bad movies you have seen.
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2015, 03:58:30 pm »
We must never forget that if not for Jar Jar the Empire may never have happened. He pretty much handed Palpatine control on a silver platter.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Kosill

• Species: Black Dragon mix
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »
If only that happened in the movie Kobuk! :D

Weraibo I highly recommend the series.  It is really good.  The sequel series Legend of Kora wasn't that bad either.
"Do not panic, I am a fire marshal!"- Fire Marshal Bill

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more. I have lived through others for far too long. Lancelot carried my honor, and Guenevere, my guilt. Mordred bears my sins. My knights have fought my causes. Now, my brother, I shall be... king.-Arthur Pendragon.

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2015, 04:11:36 pm »
A lot of people like to think Jar Jar was on Alderaan when it exploded. But Jar Jar was pretty accident prone. He probably died a messy death long before that. Maybe by trying to scratch his back with a lightsaber or something.

If I ever get the chance I might check that series out. I've heard nothing but good things.

Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2015, 04:13:47 pm »
Why was that scene not included!  I would love to have a scene where Jar Jar scratches his back with a Lightsaber.  Next special edition release better have that scene in it.

Ready my knights for battle. They will ride with their king once more. I have lived through others for far too long. Lancelot carried my honor, and Guenevere, my guilt. Mordred bears my sins. My knights have fought my causes. Now, my brother, I shall be... king.-Arthur Pendragon.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2015, 04:20:56 pm »
Go ahead and lynch me if you will, but i might be the one person in existence who doesn't have a murderous grudge against Jar-Jar.

I don't like him by any means, but his existence didn't ruin Star Wars for me.  In fact, he didn't even ruin The Gungans for me; i think that they have a pretty cool thing going on, living at the bottom of a lake and all.

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 04:23:03 pm »
Well, knowing Jar Jar he probably never got that far. He probably picked up a lightsaber with the intention of scratching his back with it, forgot that rule about no pointsie towardsies, ignited it and decapitated himself before he got the chance.

EDIT: I won't lynch you. I don't hate Jar Jar. He can be annoying but I can think of quite a few fictional characters who are much more so.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:26:02 pm by wereaibo1 »

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 04:24:34 pm »
Again I want to see this scene.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 04:26:55 pm »
Wolves
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolves_%282014_film%29
I bought it thinking it was going to be a good werewolf film.

I deeply regret it now.  :P It uses the traditional "actor in a monster suit/makeup" stuff which turned out really great. But the character profiles, story plot, etc. was downright awful.  :P  :P  :P  Don't buy it. Don't rent it.

Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 04:29:35 pm »
Oh Kobuk you got me wanting to see it now.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 04:33:25 pm »
Oh Kobuk you got me wanting to see it now.

Trust me. You'll deeply regret it.

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 04:35:26 pm »
It's made by the same guy who voices Solid Snake.  Also I know I might regret it that's why I'm grabbing people to watch it with me.  I'm not going down alone!

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »
Worst case scenario you could go all Mystery Science Theatre on it.

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »
My thoughts exactly.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2015, 04:39:26 pm »
And another one........

HALO: Nightfall

I thought this was going to be a Spartans vs. Covenant movie. I was wrong.  :P Very little action.........and no Master Chief!  :o  :o  :o

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2015, 04:41:29 pm »
So let me get this right.  They make a show based off of an action game with a good main character.  And when they make the show they don't have what made the games good?  Basically action and Master Chief.

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2015, 04:51:20 pm »
Well, look what they did with the Super Mario movie. I actually paid money to see that in theatres as a kid. I don't think they ever actually played any of the games.

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2015, 04:55:04 pm »
Oh that movie.  Well from what I heard filming that movie was a nightmare.  The husband and wife heading the project from what I heard anyways was hard to work with.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »
At least the HALO: Forward Unto Dawn movie was "a little better" than Nightfall. At least Forward Unto Dawn had SOME Covenant action........and Master Chief too. :)

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2015, 05:00:06 pm »
Still disappointed in that movie.  Most of the Master Chief stuff was off screen.  I want an entire movie about him.

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 05:00:19 pm »
Honestly I don't think the Mario movie is a bad movie. It has it's moments. When taken as a fantasy movie it's not terrible. It is, however, a bad Super Mario Bros movie.

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2015, 05:04:43 pm »
Well while the movie isn't exactly like the games I did notice a few similarities.  Like in one part of the movie the walls look like the ones from one of the Mario games.  The final fight with Koopa took place on a bridge much like one of the boss fights from one of the Mario games.  They did use a few sound effects from the games I think as well.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 05:09:19 pm »
And another one........

Space Battleship Yamato, The Live Action Movie.

I actually liked it..........up until the very end when most of the crew were killed, and one of the crew pilots the Yamato on a collision course with an enemy superweapon, thereby destroying the Yamato (and the enemy superweapon) as well as the main hero character dying.  >:(

Good movie, but lousy ending.

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2015, 05:10:06 pm »
Yeah, and to be fair the Mario games really wouldn't translate well to live action if they followed them exactly.

Offline Kosill

• Male
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2015, 05:13:03 pm »
I have actually been wanting to see that movie.  I head they are working on a Robotech movie right now.

Also a true Mario movie would be nothing but a man jumping, running, and going into different castles for two hours.

Offline wereaibo1

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2015, 05:19:06 pm »
True. The Mario games don't really transfer well to movies and TV. Even the cartoons were terrible. That's one point where Sonic definitely has Mario beat. The Sonic cartoon was pretty good.