Author Topic: bad week(end)  (Read 354 times)

Offline Liger

• Species: Winged Tiger
  • Male
bad week(end)
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:10:15 pm »
i don't know if anyone is interested in what i write or if this will be some rambling self conversation,

this week was a strange week for me and i'm sad to admit that more died that id like,
It all started on the first day of the week, this monday while i was taking a bath, my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which i have had for less than half a year, decided to take a bath too by slipping out of my hand. (yes, the Galaxy S7 are supposed to be waterproof, this one WAS too, but because of an accident 2 months after getting it, i had to replace the screen, which ceased it to be waterproof) after placing it in rice for a night (standing on top of a burning hot radiator) it seemed like all would be fine, but it was far from fine, not sure what it was, but i had to restart my phone, which i did an attempt to, it shut down and when i tried to start it again, it got stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Powered by Android" screen and has been ever since.

Since months, my Xbox 360 has been showing some slight problems, non major which all could be surpassed by using a different approach...till, not sure when it was but it was somewhere in the beginning of this week that i tried to start it so i could play some Skyrim, all went fine, i did my normal start up using the home button on the controller, i opened the CD tray with the controler and when that all was done and the game was starting, i noticed that my profile was not logged in, "not a problem" i thought, but it seemed that my Xbox could no longer see my hard drive, which was strange, so i turned to the internet and looked for a solution, which i didn't apply because i decided to take it apart to fix some other small problems (WORST IDEA EVER) this led to most problems being resolved, but another major problem starting, whatever the heck i did, it completely killed the optical drive,  it gave me a "Red Ring Of Death" and the power block was showing a red light, thus, the end of my Xbox. "R.I.P. Xbox 360, you have been a great companion for the last 8 years"

and now we arrive at today, saturday for me, with great sadness, my boyfriend (fiancee) and i had to decide that our relationship could no longer go on, with great pain in my heart i had to say goodbye to a relationship i have had for the last year, he was my light in the darkness from a depression i had for 8 years, thanks to him i was able to crawl out of it and see how beautiful the world really could be, i have no idea what the future will hold for me but i will gladly explore what lies ahead. [update at 7AM, after a 4 hours long conversation and help from good friends, the disaster is averted and the relationship still goes on, i feel slightly positive about it]

I wish my week could have been more happy, but it appears not.

Warm wishes,
Liger
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:08:30 pm by Liger »
Huge chili obsessed fanatic who loves everything chiliand capsaicin related things :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: bad week(end)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 08:23:28 pm »
Sorry to hear about your losses. The only piece of advice I can give is that hopefully, this will make you learn from your mistakes so that you'll never have to repeat them again. ;)
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Liger

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 08:29:02 pm »
hopefully indeed i learn something from the mistakes :P
Huge chili obsessed fanatic who loves everything chiliand capsaicin related things :D

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Sciex is not a disney wolf
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 08:43:23 pm »
and now we arrive at today, saturday for me, with great sadness, my boyfriend (fiancee) and i had to decide that our relationship could no longer go on, with great pain in my heart i had to say goodbye to a relationship i have had for the last year, he was my light in the darkness from a depression i had for 8 years, thanks to him i was able to crawl out of it and see how beautiful the world really could be, i have no idea what the future will hold for me but i will gladly explore what lies ahead.

welcome to my life.. same thing happened today, and i really dont know what to do with my life now. just if we communicated with each other more it would have likely been avoidable though... everyone tells me ill be fine, yet ill likely never let go of this...

(edit: we are back together apparently, just felt i should edit this message)

Offline Lorne

• Species: Fox
  • My Squidilee Spooch!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 08:47:15 pm »
I've found that life seems to take a bizarre, almost Douglas Adam's style perverse pleasure in making things difficult for some people (myself included) and I've suffered from depression and had to say goodbye to mates over the years (I've actually thrown the towel in on dating at this point) and through it all I've found the only thing one can do is take a deep breath, center yourself and flip a big ol birdie to the universe and tell it to go do some unpleasant things to its self with pointy implements.

It's not much, but it helps you get through the bad days and eventually you even learn to just smile and shrug it all off :)

Hopefully next week will be better for you, if you need to chat feel free to message me on here.
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Offline Liger

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 08:50:52 pm »
and now we arrive at today, saturday for me, with great sadness, my boyfriend (fiancee) and i had to decide that our relationship could no longer go on, with great pain in my heart i had to say goodbye to a relationship i have had for the last year, he was my light in the darkness from a depression i had for 8 years, thanks to him i was able to crawl out of it and see how beautiful the world really could be, i have no idea what the future will hold for me but i will gladly explore what lies ahead.

welcome to my life.. same thing happened today, and i really don't know what to do with my life now. just if we communicated with each other more it would have likely been avoidable though... everyone tells me ill be fine, yet ill likely never let go of this...

that is the same here, if we'd have communicated more, all would have been fine, but i guess my next step is to see where the wind will take me ;)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »
Hate to rain on everybody's parade, but as an old saying goes, "Life isn't fair.......or easy, or perfect."   And it never will be, nor is it supposed to be. ;)  You're just going to have to muddle through it as best you can.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Lorne

• Species: Fox
  • My Squidilee Spooch!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 09:06:42 pm »
Hate to rain on everybody's parade, but as an old saying goes, "Life isn't fair.......or easy, or perfect."   And it never will be, nor is it supposed to be. ;)  You're just going to have to muddle through it as best you can.

That's what I was always taught.

One of the few benefits to an old school Scottish upbringing I guess heheh.
General philosophy is: If there's something wrong in your life, you're not working hard enough :P
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 09:08:35 am »
Sorry to hear about the problems with your electornics. I had a $1200.00
radio quit on me a while back. I checked online and it turned out there was
a defect in the radio. The company was saving a few pennies when they
made them. It will likely cost me plenty to get it repaired..

I would have been glad to have paid the extra cost for good parts, seems
big business worries more about profit than a good reputaion.

Life is full of problems, I hope you have better times ahead.
oldrabbit.com
My .com site is currently down. Hope to have it up
again soon.