Author Topic: STAR WARS episode 8 title released.  (Read 83 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
STAR WARS episode 8 title released.
« on: January 24, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »
The title for the next STAR WARS film has been released:

This new title and the color change of the Star Wars lettering leave me wondering quite a bit about this next film taking a much more "darker path".  :o

Could "The Last Jedi" possibly reference that somebody important will be killed? There has been a high amount of rumor and speculation that it could be Luke Skywalker who gets killed, but not before he takes Rey under his wing so to speak and trains her to become a Jedi, much like when Yoda trained Luke on Dagobah during The Empire Strikes Back. Will Luke be killed by Kylo Ren or by Kylo's master: General Snoke?

The color change of the STAR WARS lettering is equally telling that something ominous will happen in this next film. All other STAR WARS films had yellow lettering. But this next film has red.  :o

I feel this next film will be similar to The Empire Strikes Back, where now the First Order will somehow get revenge for their Starkiller base being destroyed in The Force Awakens movie.

What are everyone else's thoughts about the next movie? Especially plot points and character development?

And last but not least: Could Rey be Luke Skywalker's daughter?
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
Re: STAR WARS episode 8 title released.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:34:20 am »
Man, we're losing original characters fast. SPOILERS.       

First Han Solo, then possibly Luke Skywalker. They still haven't revealed what they plan to do with Leia after Carrie Fisher's death. I've heard rumors that they plan to off an original character every movie until all that's left are the new characters introduced in the Force awakens.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.

Offline animagusurreal

• Finishing the Hat
  • Male
    • VividGroovy.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 01:29:05 am »
It's kind of funny that Episode 6 was called "Return of the Jedi", and now it's Episode 8 and it sounds like we've still got the same amount of Jedi - one. I guess they're lucky that "Jedi" is both the singular and plural form of the word. Unless "The Last Jedi" is plural?

I'm guessing they're going to move towards finding more of a "balance" with the Force, and no longer being split into Jedi and Sith? Sort of like the ending to "The Dark Crystal" when (spoiler for that film)
Spoiler: show
the Mystics and the Skeksis merge together.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:31:50 am by animagusurreal »

DA         FA

Offline wereaibo1

• Species: Robotic Dog
  • Bite my shiny metal tail!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 01:48:09 am »
Bonus points for the Dark Crystal reference.
Meddle not in the affairs of robot dogs for you are crunchy and make an excellent fuel source.