Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 28742 times)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1325 on: February 04, 2017, 06:26:06 am »
I had a horrible day. Traveled over 600km in search of rooms to rent for when I attend university. So many people messed me around and I still don't have guaranteed accommodation.  :'(

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1326 on: February 05, 2017, 09:16:40 pm »
The Patriots won the Super Bowl.........again.  :goldpissed:   
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #1327 on: February 06, 2017, 05:38:50 am »
Unsurprisingly, people have let me down again. The Australian department of human services has shown no progress of processing my welfare claim and I was unsuccessful in securing accommodation for university. :/ I guess I will contact my universities accommodation services and try to see if they can help at all.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1328 on: February 08, 2017, 05:25:36 pm »
Several new bites have appeared on my ankle (I didn't wear socks and got eaten alive), one on my elbow...all from just two days ago. Been vacuuming like crazy, my roommate washed my sheets and clothes in super hot water and dried everything on the highest temp setting. I even put baking soda down on the mattress and box spring, vacuumed this morning. I used Tiger Balm on my feet and arms one night, then 40% DEET, then 100% DEET last night. No new bites this morning; probably going to have to see the doctor 'cause the ones I have are really inflamed, even though I've been putting aloe vera on them and washing with soap and water.  Some nights I take Benadryl just to go to sleep. :'( Going to try the pest control guy again...I saw him in December/January suspecting bug bites and he claimed I was ok... >:(  Just because the sticky traps don't work doesn't mean I don't have bugs! Now I have proof with a dead bed bug and repeated bites. Really hoping something can be done about this....I feel like the only crazy person at home because only I've been getting bitten and reacting to it!  :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

Iara's Adventures
Enchanting Customs MLP Blog
My dA page

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1329 on: February 09, 2017, 06:20:14 pm »
Finished my taxes yesterday. Refunds will not be what I had hoped for. :(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1330 on: February 09, 2017, 10:50:35 pm »
Shoulder still hurts from shot received after physical exam.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Amducious

• Species: The insane feral Sergal
  • Still breathing
  • Male
« Reply #1331 on: February 11, 2017, 07:36:18 am »
Well looks like I'm not going to the Circle K NHRA WinterNationals drag races in Pomona :/
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fWgOC4xCVPI Hands down one of my favorite songs by Buckethead

Art by WhiteAkitaKeiko check out her art I'm sure you'll be amazed! --> http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-announcements/akita%27s-art-journey!/125/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1332 on: February 11, 2017, 09:21:02 pm »
There was supposed to be a lunar eclipse last night, also a comet, but the sky was overcast.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #1333 on: February 14, 2017, 03:59:05 pm »
I got scammed on ebay and I have to wait 3 days before contacting customer support :/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1334 on: February 14, 2017, 08:17:07 pm »
Was looking for a new printer/scanner/copier at Walmart today, but the place reeked of diesel fumes and I almost became nauseated.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #1335 on: February 15, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »
Australian welfare has declined my claim for student payments. AGAIN. :/

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1336 on: February 15, 2017, 10:21:25 pm »
I've had to wait two weeks to get the apt inspected for bed bugs...no signs of them, still washing clothes in hot water, considering drying all the stuffed animals except the BAB ponies...been wearing insect repellent and long clothes at night, not sleeping in covers, now dousing myself in rubbing alcohol...getting only one or two new bites every few days instead of every morning, thankfully...hoping this inspection reveals a problem that can be solved...worried about the baby... :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

Iara's Adventures
My dA page

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1337 on: February 17, 2017, 10:20:57 pm »
It's been confirmed by pest control: we definitely have bed bugs, and this weekend I am prepping for a PCO that's scheduled to arrive Monday. That means even more vacuuming, laundry and bagging almost everything we own.  :'(  It feels like we are moving, it's so much work...at least this treatment is under way and the problem is getting taken care of...also, my roommate and I found three more nasty tiny monster bed bugs in the mattress... x_x >:(   :'(  Had to clean and pack away the plushies by hand, and sorting through clothes we don't need anymore to reduce the cost of laundry...ugh...this has to be the worst experience... :'(
Furry Code:

Iara's Adventures
My dA page

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1338 on: February 18, 2017, 09:05:21 am »
My favorite McDonald's location no longer accepts competitor coupons. The arch card loaded with ten dollars slipped under the center console when it fell on the floor n my vehicle.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1339 on: March 01, 2017, 09:59:38 pm »
I've got severe sinus congestion, hoping this isn't going to turn into a cold...I just got over a cold/flu during Christmas time!  >:(
Furry Code:

Iara's Adventures
My dA page

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
  • Female
« Reply #1340 on: March 06, 2017, 11:34:35 am »
My friend died today.

Avatar by Shibara,  sig by Miser

0.1.0 carrot tail leopard gecko, Gelbstoff
0.1.0 bearded dragon, Dany
0.0.1 amel stripe het hypo corn snake, Vivec

Offline Zombieman1009

« Reply #1341 on: March 09, 2017, 05:35:14 pm »
That is just horrible! I would try making a joke, but I'm bad at jokes.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1342 on: March 10, 2017, 11:31:07 am »

Death is something you should never joke about.  >:(

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1343 on: March 10, 2017, 11:48:14 pm »
My friend died today.

:'(

I am so sorry...
Furry Code:

Iara's Adventures
My dA page

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1344 on: March 13, 2017, 04:55:26 pm »
My group won't be in the local St. Patrick's Day Parade this year. So no fursuiting for me until the next fur con.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Zombieman1009

« Reply #1345 on: March 14, 2017, 07:44:43 am »

Death is something you should never joke about.  >:(

I know. I would never joke about death. I wanted to say a joke that would lighten up the mood.

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1346 on: March 14, 2017, 11:14:40 am »
I had to pay for the bedbug infestation treatment and I've got a few new bites.  :'( Found out that the apt we are in is totally infested in multiple units and it was only a matter of time before they got to us. On top of that, the apt refuses to accept anything is wrong. Going to move out next year for sure, and keep vacuuming/washing with hot water/using rubbing alcohol. Hoping to get my new bed soon, as my old one was completely infested.  :'(
Furry Code:

Iara's Adventures
My dA page

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator (Belgian Malinois)
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #1347 on: March 14, 2017, 12:38:24 pm »
I had to pay for the bedbug infestation treatment and I've got a few new bites.  :'( Found out that the apt we are in is totally infested in multiple units and it was only a matter of time before they got to us. On top of that, the apt refuses to accept anything is wrong. Going to move out next year for sure, and keep vacuuming/washing with hot water/using rubbing alcohol. Hoping to get my new bed soon, as my old one was completely infested.  :'(

You should be able to sue your landlord for failure to do anything about it, or break the lease without penalty.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1348 on: March 15, 2017, 04:53:18 pm »

You should be able to sue your landlord for failure to do anything about it, or break the lease without penalty.

My mate contacted our rental insurance agent and wrote a letter to the landlord demanding repayment without retaliation. We haven't received any response yet, but if we get an eviction notice we will go to court. According to CA law, the apt complex has to control bed bugs without cost to tenants...since bed bugs make it uninhabitable and impose a potential health hazard. We received a notice on accident for another unit and it's obvious bed bugs have infested the complex...tons of mattresses get thrown out every week or two.  :'(  We haven't located the source of the bugs, but we can't do any more inspection without risking payment.  x_x This has become a nightmare...our first place was so perfect when we moved in two years ago...now it's a mess.  :'(
Furry Code:

Iara's Adventures
My dA page

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #1349 on: March 21, 2017, 10:12:41 pm »
Maybe  temporarily homeless. I do not have the money for this moths rent, the issue how unemployment works. I got my last payment on Feb 22. I restarted my clam but I will not see any money until 29 mar.  I think of heading up to Seattle where the tech market for hardware is better.