Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 10164 times)

Offline Beag L. Howler

• Species: Beagle (Beag)/Rabbit (Rabblue)
  • AKA Rabblue
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #375 on: December 25, 2016, 04:47:16 pm »
When people complain about being single. Complaining won't get you a date, if you ask me.
Beware the poisonous Raisinets!

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2016, 05:47:12 am »
Stupid tax laws.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #377 on: January 30, 2017, 10:26:51 pm »
The street-legal freight locomotive firing up and rolling out at half past midnight last night.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #378 on: February 02, 2017, 12:28:52 am »
Eggcorns becoming an accepted part of the language. I'm currently confused and infuriated by my recent discovery that the phrase "strait and narrow" is spelt "straight and narrow" in most dictionaries, even though no Bible spells it that way. And if one did it would be a blatant error, since the point of that passage is that the path to Heaven is difficult to follow, and what's so difficult to about a straight path, regardless of how narrow it is? It doesn't make sense. Anyone who knows what the words mean can see that it doesn't make sense. How does an obviously nonsensical misspelling of a well-known Bible quote end up in a dictionary? I don't understand.
“Hmm... They have the Internet on computers now.” - Homer Simpson

“Art doesn't work without pain. Art exists for compensating pain.” - Till Lindemann

“There's a fine line between sayings that make sense.” - Too Much Coffee Man

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #379 on: February 02, 2017, 10:12:19 pm »
The next-door neighbors have not a wage earner among them for at least five years, but do not lack for video games, cigarettes, cel phones, pets, tatoos, and weekly charcoal bbq cookouts.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2017, 04:44:59 am »
Trash fires when there's regular trash pickup in the area. Plus there's a No Open Burning Rule in my county.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2017, 07:49:33 am »
People who use their knowledge of human nature
to take advantage of others.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator (Belgian Malinois)
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2017, 03:21:24 pm »
People having a loud and obnoxious argument right outside my bedroom window at 2 AM.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2017, 08:27:24 am »
Neighbor's dog barking in the wee hours of the morning.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2017, 04:58:57 am »
I present an aerospace topic for the local group on the third meeting night of the month, but received an email that someone else would take up the mantle this week. Because AeroEd needs to be fresh and dynamic so we retain membership--or something like that. So we sat through an hour presentation on RC model planes.

The old shiney airplane models that appear at random over the years, often crowding out all else, have yet to take to the sky when anyone is looking. Somehow these will provide the sole motivation to keep members on the roster a bit longer. Somehow, getting young people to rise at O-dark-thirty on a Saturday to carpool across county lines just to fly someone else's model plane for a few five-minute intervals is going to work when they can make the same effort to fly in an actual airplane for almost a half-hour.  I do not share this mindset. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 09:18:02 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf, alt cross fox, Dad
  • Now now boys get along
  • Female
    • Fox gangsters
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2017, 10:28:38 am »
Do you know what really grinds my gears? You America fudge you!
Anyone know that one?

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator (Belgian Malinois)
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2017, 08:54:55 pm »
I present an aerospace topic for the local group on the third meeting night of the month, but received an email that someone else would take up the mantle this week. Because AeroEd needs to be fresh and dynamic so we retain membeship--or something like that. So we sat through an hour presentation on RC model planes.

The old shiney airplane models that appear at random over the years, often crowding out all else, have yet to take to the sky when anyone is looking. Somehow these will provide the sole motivation to keep members on the roster a bit longer. Somehow, getting young people to rise at O-dark-thirty on a Saturday to carpool across county lines just to fly someone else's model plane for a few five-minute intervals is going to work when they can make the same effort to fly in an actual airplane for almost a half-hour.  I do not share this mindset. Sorry.

Exactly why I never joined any of those clubs.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #387 on: May 24, 2017, 07:09:15 pm »
It really aggravates me when people don't take proper care of DVD's.  >:( Sometimes I'll buy used DVD movies at a retail store, or check DVD movies out at the library, and what do I find? Scratches, nicks, smears, fingerprints, etc., etc. :goldpissed:
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2017, 09:32:30 pm »
I likely paid more to attend a sci-fi con with declining attendance this weekend than for the bustling furry con a month ago.

Was also asked to appear in fursuit with a marching unit in a parade on the same Saturday as the SF con, but would involve a 300-mile round trip--half in heavy holiday traffic. Sometimes, one needs to set limits.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #389 on: June 17, 2017, 08:55:57 am »
Ever notice how professionals look out for each other?
Doctors
Lawyers
Police
Members of congress
and other professionals tend to stand together if one of
their own is in trouble.

This is fine if the person is innocent of wrong doing but in
many cases they will cover for each other even if their
colleague is guilty, or even has a record of being corrupt.

Colleague friendship is fine, but if someone is guilty of wrong
doing it hurts everyone in that profession.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #390 on: June 24, 2017, 10:10:00 am »
The speed limit here has been raised to 75 mph on certain roads. Little else has changed as I'm still being overtaken and passed by about as many cars as before on the commute each way.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 05:53:29 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #391 on: June 24, 2017, 12:19:50 pm »
The increase of hatred, racism, and bigotry in this country, especially during the last 12 months due to the Presidential campaigns, debates, and election. And it just seems to get worse as the weeks and months drag on.  :( Lincoln was right: "A house divided against itself cannot stand."  Republicans against Democrats. Liberals vs. Conservatives. Americans against........Americans.  :o I hope this country doesn't erupt into another civil war........or worse.

Offline Storm Fox

• Species: Red Fox
  • Male
« Reply #392 on: July 17, 2017, 11:16:58 pm »
Idiots.
Air-heads.
Mashed potato brains.
Meat-heads.
Morons.
Dummkopfs.
Those with minima numerus IQ syndrome.
And those who can somehow manage to be so immensely butt brained so as to drive their 7 foot clown car right into an undeniably visible and safely parked 17 foot 9 inch classic car in an open parking lot.

(And yes, that last one is awfully specific.) :goldpissed:
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #393 on: July 18, 2017, 10:18:36 am »
Unbelievably snobby forum members. I have a lot of hobbies. Furry is just one of many. My main interests are music and art. Those two hobbies have their own set of snobs. These snobs are then condensed and packed down tight into their own... i was going to say a body part, but we'll say forums instead.  On one particular forum someone asked for help. The pants dropped. There was a lot bending over.  And the forum members started talking. Not only did the cheeks not address the question. They proceeded to plummet this person deeper and deeper into a state of impossibility. Making this person believe it would take years of practice and technique to acquire those results.  All by doing everything except what the original question was all about. So I posted. Hoping that the person needing help was still looking for answers. I not only answered the questions. I let the person know just how easy it is to achieve professional results. All without showing off and trying to make myself more important than anyone else.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline chaos_1152

« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2017, 12:54:38 pm »
Blank post.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:48:06 pm by chaos_1152 »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #395 on: July 20, 2017, 04:27:38 pm »
Blank post.

People who have nothing to say.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:58:20 pm by Kobuk »

Offline chaos_1152

« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2017, 12:33:25 am »
Blank post.

People who have nothing to say.

I did but it was too personal/drama for here so i changed my mind. There no delete button. lol

Offline ShopePapilloma

• Species: Jackalope
  • Grumpy weirdo with 22 pets. Icon by SnoConeGlobe!
  • Female
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2017, 06:47:28 am »
Lists
Negativity
Irony
MST3K, anyone?

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2017, 08:00:14 am »
I love irony. Till it happens to me.... :D

I'm guessing the person I tried to help left after the multiple "you can't" posts. I hate it when forums get that way.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #399 on: July 23, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »
It was once the case when public affairs was the last position anyone wanted. Now it seems that everyone else thinks they can do the job better--and with no more resources than are available to me.
(Baps the old humorist.)