Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 11673 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator (Belgian Malinois)
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #425 on: September 29, 2017, 02:59:54 am »
Waking up after four hours of sleep and being unable to fall back asleep again. Every. Friggin'. Night.  >:(
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #426 on: October 07, 2017, 04:32:47 pm »
A classic sporting rifle purchased recently would not fire regular ammunition. It would fire pistol ammo--in a chamber insert--but not full-size full-power rifle ammo for which it is chambered. Gunsmith said congealed oil was slowing down the firing pin/striker and to blast the bolt assembly with solvent or brake cleaner.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator (Belgian Malinois)
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #427 on: October 07, 2017, 06:47:44 pm »
Group school projects. It never fails that out of a group of five at least one person never shows up, two others come and do a little work now and then, and you and the other guy end up working your tails off to get the project done in time... so the other people that don't do anything can get a good grade too.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-the-wanderer.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Main: Raptor dinosaur (Iara) Alt: Jaguaress (Moongaze)
  • Furtopia's Dinosaur-in-Residence
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #428 on: October 07, 2017, 07:03:37 pm »
Saying stupid things you regret to people you care about on a regular basis and then wondering why you don't have any friends.  :'(

*cough* me *cough*
Furry Code:
FDC5adw/FP3adsw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h+++ iwf++ j p*

Iara's Adventures
Enchanting Customs MLP Blog
My dA page

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #429 on: October 07, 2017, 07:09:02 pm »
Group school projects. It never fails that out of a group of five at least one person never shows up, two others come and do a little work now and then, and you and the other guy end up working your tails off to get the project done in time... so the other people that don't do anything can get a good grade too.

I'm petty though, I'd ask to do my own separate project, if told no, I would just put in minimal effort too.
Un foro muerto...
Adíos mi amigos, disfruté nuestro tiempo juntos.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #430 on: October 08, 2017, 09:13:03 am »
People who are unable or unwilling to work together as a team.
Together
Everyone
Accomplishes
More.
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2017, 02:21:39 pm »
Owners of large motor vehicles who do not seem to know how to drive them.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Offical Birthday Wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #432 on: October 23, 2017, 09:48:49 am »
People who complain, then sit back and wait for
someone else to fix a problem. Then fuss because
they  didn't fix it right.

Seems to be a favorite pastimes of americans.  :P
oldrabbit.com
My .com site is currently down. Hope to have it up
again soon.

Offline Citr

• Species: Turkish van cat
« Reply #433 on: October 23, 2017, 12:51:48 pm »
What really grinds my gears is when some of my friends don't take me seriously when I politely ask them not to touch me. They think it's real humorous to touch me even more when I've told them when I don't like being touched! I already feel gross about myself and making fun of my personal boundaries isn't making it any better.

People who complain, then sit back and wait for
someone else to fix a problem. Then fuss because
they  didn't fix it right.

This is the worst, it's rude enough to expect others do everything for them but then having the audacity to complain about it being wrong is almost a whole new level of being obnoxious.  :o

Offline Sling

• Species: Feathered Gazelle
  • Wrench slinging gazelle aircraft mechanic
  • Male
    • ABWrenchSlinger at Twitter
« Reply #434 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:14 am »

THIS!

People who can't drive or don't pay enough attention to correctly do so. ONE WAY means ONE WAY. YIELD means wait for other vehicles to go by BEFORE you merge. You don't need to run a stop sign to get through the intersection first. You should be going faster than 30 mph when merging onto a highway. Tailgating me when I'm already doing 5-10 mph over the limit will not make me move faster. LANE CLOSED means move the hell over as soon as you can, not wait to the last minute and cut everyone else off. A turn lane is not a passing lane. OH MY ****ING GOD, GET OFF YOUR PHONE AND FOCUS ON THE ROAD!

EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

*Deep breath*

Phew... got that out of my system...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:58:39 am by Sling »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2017, 11:57:02 am »

THIS!

People who can't drive or don't pay enough attention to correctly do so. ONE WAY means ONE WAY. YIELD means wait for other vehicles to go by BEFORE you merge. You don't need to run a stop sign to get through the intersection first. You should be going faster than 30 mph when merging onto a highway. Tailgating me when I'm already doing 5-10 mph over the limit will not make me move faster. LANE CLOSED means move the hell over as soon as you can, not wait to the last minute and cut everyone else off. A turn lane is not a passing lane. OH MY ****ING GOD, GET OFF YOUR PHONE AND FOCUS ON THE ROAD!

*Deep breath*

I got you beat. There's been an "epidemic" of people driving the wrong way on highways and on/off ramps here in Milwaukee.  :o  >:(
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/wrong-way-drivers-on-the-rise-in-milwaukee-county
Click link below for more fursuit information. ;)
http://forums.furtopia.org/kobuk's-fursuit-guides/

Offline Sling

• Species: Feathered Gazelle
  • Wrench slinging gazelle aircraft mechanic
  • Male
    • ABWrenchSlinger at Twitter
« Reply #436 on: November 03, 2017, 03:29:29 pm »

THIS!

*Deep breath*

I got you beat. There's been an "epidemic" of people driving the wrong way on highways and on/off ramps here in Milwaukee.  :o  >:(
http://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/wrong-way-drivers-on-the-rise-in-milwaukee-county

Woa. That's scary. Remind me to never drive in Milwaukee then.  :o

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2017, 05:20:46 pm »
People at work who tear a perfectly good donut in half, then eat one half, leaving the other. No one wants the other half because someone touched it. So the remaining half goes to waste.

As per the Big Car comment: I have actually seen overturned SUVs during icy weather. My theory being that the driver previously drove a low-profile compact with some pep as a student. Then once in a good-paying job and raising a family, bought a car with a higher center of gravity yet kept the same driving style.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 05:26:45 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)