Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming, perfect for furs :)  (Read 59888 times)

Offline Dak3ras

• Male
Re: Lucid Dreaming, perfect for furs :)
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2009, 11:31:01 am »
When I died in my lucid, it scared the hell outta me. Never gonna let that happen again.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #226 on: January 04, 2009, 05:16:34 pm »
When I died in my lucid, it scared the hell outta me. Never gonna let that happen again.

trust me nothing can hurt you in the dream world, it's just in your mind.

I've heard stories of people finding fun ways to die.
like playing real life frogger in the dream  :D

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Artic Bat

• The Collecter of Artifacts
  • Male
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2009, 09:59:04 pm »
Ya know a funny way to die is to trip over a can and just die it would be funny yet sad at the same time.

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2009, 10:03:21 pm »
O, I've yet to update this with my progress so far.

I've finally broken my dry spell and had 2 lucids inside of a week.
I've also been having trouble remembering the ways that I was going to go about the lucid TF, which is aggravating since I those will work and the things I HAVE been remembering has been failing.

I do feel that I am closer to my goal though.

and don't forget, got a question,just ask :)

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #229 on: February 01, 2009, 11:18:25 pm »
This thread is one that I've been keeping a tab on for a while, and though I have not made considerable efforts toward lucidity, I have worked toward it passively.

Having said that, there is something that I need help with.

Several days ago, I had a dream.  It was a close imitation of reality, as it had locations and people that I am acquainted with.  However, the fact that the locations were not positioned correctly in relation to each other and (sadly enough) the fact that I was hanging out with a large group of friends in the area around my house made me realize that what I was experiencing couldn't be real.  For the first time, I was aware of being in a dream.

Now for the bad news...

Immediately after becoming lucid, all I was able to see while dreaming was "reruns" (parts of the dream that had already occurred).  I still wasn't awake, as I still had no awareness of my real physical body, but I wasn't able to continue dreaming, either.

If there was some sort of "magical formula" that might prevent this from happening or continuing to happen in the future (similar to the keep-your-lucid formulas), it would be very nice to know.  The elation of having my first lucid was utterly decimated by my inability to do anything...
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #230 on: February 01, 2009, 11:25:16 pm »
well don't let the fact that you didnt do anything in the lucid get you down, stay positive with this, when discusing the dream world, ONLY think about the positive things (I admit this is a problem i have) every single time you think something wont or will happen it wont or will, this ESPECIALLY pertains to problems occurring WHILE  in the dream world, it you think it's over and ruined it will repeat that process,

The same thing goes for expecting something to work.
(this is one of the most important things to remember when discussing dream control)

as for you saying you didnt have control, please expand upon that for me.
like was it your body won't move or your vision was just what was happening and you didnt really see your body move?

A REALLY GOOD way to keep control is to perform reality checks once lucid, these will reinforce the fact that your dreaming and the impossible is possible.

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #231 on: February 01, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
They might actually have been the same thing. As I once read, "Your mind is like a pond and ripples are your thoughts, but excitement is like dropping a boulder." can't think of who said it... but it is an acurate quote.

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #232 on: February 01, 2009, 11:27:31 pm »
They might actually have been the same thing. As I once read, "Your mind is like a pond and ripples are your thoughts, but excitement is like dropping a boulder." can't think of who said it... but it is an acurate quote.

Exactly, don't over excite your self while in the dream. that is one of the REAL ways you can wake up. It stirs your minds level of awareness up to high and you become aware of your real body and the dream fades to nothingness.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #233 on: February 02, 2009, 01:03:45 am »
as for you saying you didnt have control, please expand upon that for me.
like was it your body won't move or your vision was just what was happening and you didnt really see your body move?
As previously stated, I was able to experience nothing in the dream but reruns.  I saw random, memorable moments of what had previously transpired, and had no motor control or other sensory perception.  It felt like I was remembering the dream itself as opposed to actually dreaming like I was earlier.  I had no control over which parts of the dream were revisited, nor was I able to influence the dream to keep going in its previous direction, despite my efforts.

My best guess to explain the phenomenon is that I, upon becoming lucid, did what I normally do when I stop dreaming, which is to reflect upon what had transpired in the dream.  Normally, this is helpful, considering that it helps me to remember my dreams, but I'm a little confused as to why I wasn't able to do anything *but* this during lucidity...

I'll keep your tips in mind.  Hopefully, I'll have more success the next time I have a dream...
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #234 on: February 02, 2009, 01:14:05 am »
your explanation is a likely answer.

when we become lucid different parts of our minds that are usually not doing much kick into gear. And what happened to you could just be a side effect of that.

I just had a thought, could you talk at all,make any noise in the slightest. If the next time this happens i want you to do this.

yell out in the dream exactly what you want to happen, I can guarantee you that what you yell out will happen in the dream, maybe not exactly what you say but it WILL effect the dream world.

It's all now about learning control over the dream world, it will be as easy or as hard as you expect it to be, but what I tell you here WILL help you.

Offline Kaiyoki

• Tickled octarine?
  • Male
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2009, 04:19:54 am »
I killed myself in a dream once, got run over by an MRT. :P I woke up instantly and flew out of bed, it wasn't a pleasant experience...

Offline Baako

• Big scaly bundle of boring ^__^
  • Male
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2009, 06:07:36 pm »
Its never really bothered me, but I can never remember any of my dreams, it just seems as if I close my eyes then open them again and it's suddenly the morning...

Any advice? I really would like to remember a dream, just to see what it's like.

Please give 'em a click ^..^

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2009, 06:45:42 pm »
Its never really bothered me, but I can never remember any of my dreams, it just seems as if I close my eyes then open them again and it's suddenly the morning...

Any advice? I really would like to remember a dream, just to see what it's like.

I suggest that if you cant rememebr anything to do exactly this,

before going to bed have a glass of apple juice, then set your allarm for 4-5 hours after falling asleep, you should be in a late rem cycle and your dreams at there most vivid. now when you alarm wakes you up you should be able to remember something about your dreams. AND as soon as you wake up talk about your dreams out loud to your self. this should help them stay in your mind for the day.

good luck and happy dreaming.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2009, 08:08:43 pm »
Huh. Maybe I'll try that too. I never remember my dreams either... even if I wake up in the middle of a dream, I usually forget it by the time I get to my alarm clock. :(

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2009, 10:48:50 pm »
Huh. Maybe I'll try that too. I never remember my dreams either... even if I wake up in the middle of a dream, I usually forget it by the time I get to my alarm clock. :(
for such an exteamly week dream memory i would suggest keeping a tape recorder near you bed so EXACTLY when you get up you talk out loud about your dreams to the recorded, it puts the dream into a whole new memory area since you did actions regarding the dream, which dont fall under the same super week memory that dreams are usually under.

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #240 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:32 pm »
Wow.

I just had my second lucid dream last night.  My friends and I had been talking about lucid dreaming yesterday, and I seemed to remember that.

My sister and I were riding a roller-coaster that was attached to some wires, and it broke.  The guy in charge came and gave some speech, and we left.  While running away, I started thinking, "Wait.  Roller coasters don't have wires that are THAT frayed without having someone work on them.  This isn't real life.  This is a dream."  BAM!  It was lucid.  Everything was so colorful!

My sister came over and talked to me, and everything got all cloudy and monochromatic.  I just reached up with both my hands and made the clouds separate from the sun so the colors would come back.  It was simply amazing.

The lucid part didn't last long, but it still happened!  For some reason, though, my lucid dreams have both had extremely bright and shiny colors.  I love it.  :)
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #241 on: February 16, 2009, 02:31:21 pm »
The lucid part didn't last long, but it still happened!  For some reason, though, my lucid dreams have both had extremely bright and shiny colors.  I love it.  :)

that's because your mind is putting more effort into the dream since your aware of it, that's y everything becomes clearer and better looking.

And congrats on your second lucid.

Offline Aurora

• Math skunk approves of this!!
« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2009, 03:29:21 pm »
Wow.

I just had my second lucid dream last night.  My friends and I had been talking about lucid dreaming yesterday, and I seemed to remember that.

My sister and I were riding a roller-coaster that was attached to some wires, and it broke.  The guy in charge came and gave some speech, and we left.  While running away, I started thinking, "Wait.  Roller coasters don't have wires that are THAT frayed without having someone work on them.  This isn't real life.  This is a dream."  BAM!  It was lucid.  Everything was so colorful!

My sister came over and talked to me, and everything got all cloudy and monochromatic.  I just reached up with both my hands and made the clouds separate from the sun so the colors would come back.  It was simply amazing.

that sounds amazing, i'v had a few lucids but i've never been able to have total control over them

Sig by Wales's own Baako ^^

previously FurFoxart, now Aurora ^^

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #243 on: February 20, 2009, 07:19:59 pm »
well i feel as though i might as well update my lucid stuff here, lately i've been having a terriblle dry spell and not having any lucids at all.

but inside of the past week they've all come rushing back to me.

in 3 nights i had a AMAZING lucid with great controle, a nearly completed dream rentry(i was lucid instantly but the dream faded to fast), and another dream where i became lucid but tried something way out there and caused it to fail inside of 20 seconds.

i'm also becoming better at dream reentry and instant lucids. I feel like im maybe hitting a point of clarity to this.

o well, i'm just really happy about this and feel like sharing  :)

And remember guys get back to me on if any of the stuff i've been advising is working.

Offline Kinshi

• It's happening!
  • Male
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2009, 02:43:43 pm »
still have only gotten one lucid, however, i did have this 'half-lucid-thingy-conscious' dream

i KNEW i was dreaming, using my dream check (finally found it, in my dreams , if i poke my finger through my hand , it stretches and bones crackle), and i was like, 'AK-47 GET' , to chase of the giant worm...but i only got a small gun  :o i did have a degree of control , but everytihng i wanted was toned down (which means no tanks, machine guns, giant wings, or full fursona transformation  >:( ) i got a small gun and a piece of coal instead of the giant gun and meteor... any advice on this? (1 in 2 dreams is in this strange toned down lucid state now, i get like 3 of them per week, i remember a lot of dreams, but i don't have full control  :o i already tried pep-talking myself into 'if those guys can do it, i must be able to do so too' but i doesn't quite work.)
Sometimes I wonder how easily I am influenced by those around me. The need to fit in somewhere always tugs at me from the back of my mind, even though I should be doing my own thing.

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2009, 02:48:47 pm »
still have only gotten one lucid, however, i did have this 'half-lucid-thingy-conscious' dream

i KNEW i was dreaming, using my dream check (finally found it, in my dreams , if i poke my finger through my hand , it stretches and bones crackle), and i was like, 'AK-47 GET' , to chase of the giant worm...but i only got a small gun  :o i did have a degree of control , but everytihng i wanted was toned down (which means no tanks, machine guns, giant wings, or full fursona transformation  >:( ) i got a small gun and a piece of coal instead of the giant gun and meteor... any advice on this? (1 in 2 dreams is in this strange toned down lucid state now, i get like 3 of them per week, i remember a lot of dreams, but i don't have full control  :o i already tried pep-talking myself into 'if those guys can do it, i must be able to do so too' but i doesn't quite work.)

dude thats it, that is a lucid.
the thing is that in the dream you have to remember that it's your mind everything you see and hear and feel is in your head.

one way to get your luid powers up is to just do a bunch of reality checks and watch them fail in front of your eyes and use that to drill the fact that it's your dream into your mindset.

Also try yelling out what you want to happen while your trying to have it happen, that is a great way to increase the control.

Offline Rimpala

• test
  • Male
    • http://www.artfv.com/music/bands_and_artists/
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2009, 10:59:39 am »
Will have to say I've acutally had one of these in recient memory where I managed to turn myself into an okapi  :D

Why okapi I'll never know.

Offline Leon the Coyote

• Male
« Reply #247 on: March 26, 2009, 01:01:09 am »
Now I've Been trying to Lucid Dream for a while and i get some mild control over my dreams every so often. By those few dreams are just OMG....If anyone wakes me b4 i wake myself i will give them such a verbal thrashing. I cant stand when someone stops me from being my Fursona in dream or when I'm in a dream that's full of action (Fighting) or i have the power of flight...Anyways a few tips i know help are:

Keep a dream diary- I know people have said this but it HELPS so i cant stress it enough.

Draw something on your hand b4 you fall asleep- Sometimes this helps since when you enter the dream world and you can tell the writing that should be there isn't. It will help with the realization that you are no longer in reality.

Try and keep your den quite or minimize noise and other influences- Sometimes outside sources will affect your dream in certain ways and you will lack or even lose the control over your dreams. I cant count how many times i fought and dreamed in Spanish because i crashed on my couch and someone started playing Resident Evil 4 while i was asleep.

Sleeping with your eyes open- This is extremely hard to control. I cant do it myself but every so often it happens. And sometimes it will either kill a lucid dream by visuals acting as an outside influence or on the other hand it will help by giving you some massive detail...I can remember scaring the life outta my brother cause of this...I dreamed that we were under sniper fire and when he walked in to the room. he saw me babbling with my eyes open but i was asleep anyways when he got close to me i tackled him to put him in cover in my dream and tried to tackle him in reality. but he just dodged me and i walked myself to bed in my sleep.

Age Factor- It is a sad fact of life that as the average person grows older the ability to Lucid Dream is one That has to be fought for with every ounce of will...I find it tougher and more draining to lucid dream then it did say 5 years ago.

I know i myself am still trying to achieve stable and more controlled Lucid dreaming but these tips should help get the person trying to achieve Lucid dreams, get them and i still practice them myself cause any bit of help usually stays and works and ever improves with time
Some people wear a Fursuit on special occasions...I wear normal clothes on Special occasions

Offline honest_abe2008

• Male
« Reply #248 on: March 26, 2009, 04:39:00 pm »
i think i have a problem,lately i havent even been dreaming instead everything will be completely black and it will only seem like its been five minutes then i wake up and its already morning
id rather be hated for who i am,than loved for who im not

these are the only ways to contact me off the forum
cell: 432-312-0592

Offline Hayaikawa

• Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2009, 05:51:50 pm »
i think i have a problem,lately i havent even been dreaming instead everything will be completely black and it will only seem like its been five minutes then i wake up and its already morning

I got a few questions for you, to help me get a better understanding as so i can help you.

1. Have you recently changed your sleep cycle?

2. Have you recently changer where you sleep?

3. Are you under any stress?

4. Have you recently changed any medication you might be taking?

5. And finaly, are you sick in any way?

aAl of these factors can drastically change how well you sleep as well as your dreams.