Author Topic: I <3 Plushie  (Read 13033 times)

Offline pocomouse

• Male
Re: I <3 Plushie
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2008, 07:45:14 am »
I have a particular fondness for some of my plushies.  I can't say I grew up giving them very unique names though, sort of already have names.  Got a stuffed Orca I got from sea world about 15 years ago or so, right now I sleep with him every night held in my arms.  He came to South Korea and the desert of Kuwait with me while in the US Army as well.  Now that's I'm out of the Army he resides peacefully on my bed at home in my apartment in Texas.  Name is Shamu lol :)

http://www.kupokupo.net/mogpics/shamu.jpg

Now a plush I got 2 years ago at Disney Land, his name is Stitch, because well, he's Stitch.  I'll usually cuddle him on the couch watching tv or a movie or something.

http://www.kupokupo.net/mogpics/stitchsmall.jpg

Have other plushies also, a cat given to me by a past girlfriend, a white tiger given to me by another past girlfriend, a moogle, 2 chocobos, Yoshi (nintendo), a blue rabbit, and a Garfield plush. 

Wow! :o  The army lets you take a plushie with you?  I'm fairly surprised by that.

I have a Stitch too.  It was a gift from a close friend of mine.
After all is said and done,
More is said than done.                               

-Aesop

Offline KwisA

• Wet nose Warm hart ♥
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 08:07:29 am »
^_^ I have a Plushie Dolphin Who travels whit me every where i go
If it's to a US con ore on trips i have to make for my job
It's the first thing i pack.

I have been sleeping whit Plushies for so long i dont know how it's to sleep whit out one eny more

edit: Growls at my spelling
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:01:27 am by KwisA »

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 01:36:34 pm »
I have a particular fondness for some of my plushies.  I can't say I grew up giving them very unique names though, sort of already have names.  Got a stuffed Orca I got from sea world about 15 years ago or so, right now I sleep with him every night held in my arms.  He came to South Korea and the desert of Kuwait with me while in the US Army as well.  Now that's I'm out of the Army he resides peacefully on my bed at home in my apartment in Texas.  Name is Shamu lol :)

Now a plush I got 2 years ago at Disney Land, his name is Stitch, because well, he's Stitch.  I'll usually cuddle him on the couch watching tv or a movie or something.

Have other plushies also, a cat given to me by a past girlfriend, a white tiger given to me by another past girlfriend, a moogle, 2 chocobos, Yoshi (nintendo), a blue rabbit, and a Garfield plush. 

Wow! :o  The army lets you take a plushie with you?  I'm fairly surprised by that.

Yes they did, even had a black backpack that I was able to carry around in uniform with a perfect spot for Shamu to fit :)  I can't say though that the attention I got for sleeping with a stuffed animal was exactly positive though.  Mostly in Kuwait, since I was in a large tent, to hide the fact I was sleeping with a stuffed animal was unavoidable and I wasn't able to sleep uncomfortably for 9 months so I just figured the heck with it.  At one point some people decided it'd be a fun idea to take Shamu and hide him somewhere.  I already had a good idea on who was responsible for this so I at least knew who to go to first.  Also at another point in Kuwait someone sprayed Shamu with some kind of cologne, that seriously disturbed me.  Those were the only pranks people pulled the entire 4 years in though, pretty glad for that.

I got Stitch on my first vacation when I got out of the Army, so he got lucky.  :)

Offline pocomouse

• Male
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2008, 01:56:53 pm »

Yes they did, even had a black backpack that I was able to carry around in uniform with a perfect spot for Shamu to fit :)  I can't say though that the attention I got for sleeping with a stuffed animal was exactly positive though.  Mostly in Kuwait, since I was in a large tent, to hide the fact I was sleeping with a stuffed animal was unavoidable and I wasn't able to sleep uncomfortably for 9 months so I just figured the heck with it.  At one point some people decided it'd be a fun idea to take Shamu and hide him somewhere.  I already had a good idea on who was responsible for this so I at least knew who to go to first.  Also at another point in Kuwait someone sprayed Shamu with some kind of cologne, that seriously disturbed me.  Those were the only pranks people pulled the entire 4 years in though, pretty glad for that.

I got Stitch on my first vacation when I got out of the Army, so he got lucky.  :)

Well, two pranks in four years isn't too bad, I guess.  I sleep with my stuffed Fieval (the mouse from An American Tail)  every night.  I have since I was five! :-[  I couldn't image going to bed without him. 
More is said than done.                               

-Aesop

Offline R.A.Blackpaws

• Species: Fox, primarily. Bits of wolf, lioness and red panda in the brain too.
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2008, 02:24:35 pm »

*nods* Yup. I collect plushies as well. Have maybe 30 in house, including the one for my avatar. Names and all.
"Be true to what you are.  Never hide your true self from anyone.  The moment you do, you stop living and start...existing.  From experience, life loses a lot when you simply...exist"

Archon Snowfur (my wolf side), from the story "Graduation Day, 2190".

"Have an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out."

Offline Damon

• Male
    • Outer Heaven
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 08:19:15 pm »
Plushies, are nice. Don't have any anymore.
Oh no my greatest weakness- puppy eyes!

Offline Epsy

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2008, 06:13:42 am »

*nods* Yup. I collect plushies as well. Have maybe 30 in house, including the one for my avatar. Names and all.

It's true! I has seen them!
Avatar credit goes to Sheeta, thanks!
http://www.textswell.com/read,4206682163599 = Epsy fursona description

Offline Ag.

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 09:18:47 am »
I've never quite managed to rehome my stuffed toys from when I was a kid so I still have quite a few lurking on the top of my bookcases out of the way.

In terms of the ones I actually keep around, I've got a bunny called Wolfgang that sits on my bed and I cuddle up with when I'm having a rough time and a tiny beabie baby dog my grandmother gave me to go away to university with. I take the beanie baby with me to most places I'm staying for a week or so, more discreet than a proper teddy, but still with the warm fuzzy feelings and soft fur that bring comfort if I've had a bad day. It's a bit childish, but it's not hurting anyone.
I am not a liturgical pervert dammit!

My FA account - http://www.furaffinity.net/user/koniggen/

Avatar by Neofur, thanks for the art.

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 02:27:01 pm »
I've never quite managed to rehome my stuffed toys from when I was a kid so I still have quite a few lurking on the top of my bookcases out of the way.

In terms of the ones I actually keep around, I've got a bunny called Wolfgang that sits on my bed and I cuddle up with when I'm having a rough time and a tiny beabie baby dog my grandmother gave me to go away to university with. I take the beanie baby with me to most places I'm staying for a week or so, more discreet than a proper teddy, but still with the warm fuzzy feelings and soft fur that bring comfort if I've had a bad day. It's a bit childish, but it's not hurting anyone.

I don't consider it childish at all.  But we are in the furry group, it could appear all furries are childish.  It's fun, we enjoy it, it doesn't hurt anyone or ourselves, so why deny us the right eh?  :D

Offline Mangix_Pandaren

• Male
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 12:00:46 pm »
I use to have a big collection when I was younger but I gave them all away to kids who needed them more than I did.

Now I only keep the plushies , my girlfriend give to me.  ^///^
Put on them big girl panties and pull em up!
Happily loving on a certain peach <3

Offline onai

• Rawr. That is all.
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 03:00:17 pm »
i've got a duck billed platypus plushie, and a little gray wolf named Koda ^_^.
www.furaffinity.net/user/onai <-- I be makin' fursuits. yar.

Offline dakota davies

• someone help me escape my boredom!
  • Male
    • myspace
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:45 pm »
although it can get kind of embarassing with some of my friends around, i keep a couple of them in my room
"The greatest thing you'll ever know is to love, and be loved in return"

http://winterwolf.co.uk/furcode
FCW3a A++++ c->+ D+ H++ M P+ R+ T+++ W Z Sm# RLVM a- c

Offline lilfurbal

• Cuddly Kitty Cat
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2008, 11:59:30 pm »
although it can get kind of embarassing with some of my friends around, i keep a couple of them in my room

heheh, I've gotten over the embarrassing aspect many many years ago ^^

Offline dakota davies

• Male
    • myspace
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 12:02:08 am »
yeah, most of my friends have accepted it and dont say anything. there are a couple who cant get over it

by the time im 25 i prolly will have gotten over being embarassed too
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 12:07:21 am by dakota davies »

Offline pocomouse

• Male
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 04:13:22 pm »

Only a couple?  You should see my apartment!   :P

My friends have gotten over it too.  I even get them as gifts now and then.
More is said than done.                               

-Aesop

Offline dakota davies

• Male
    • myspace
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 04:15:47 pm »
well, if we end up being friends this summer i might see it

i used to have a bunch, but i gave them to my little sisters. now i only have my favorites

Offline pocomouse

• Male
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 04:37:08 pm »
well, if we end up being friends this summer i might see it

i used to have a bunch, but i gave them to my little sisters. now i only have my favorites

Just let me know when you get into town. :)
More is said than done.                               

-Aesop

Offline dakota davies

• Male
    • myspace
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 04:38:17 pm »
for sure, i will be nice to have a friend down there. i cant wait

Offline Mercury

• Female
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 05:48:12 pm »
Plushies! <3

I have always loved plushies - they are perfect cuddle-and-hug-material (and some of the huge plushies I used to own as a little kid were really nice to sleep on as well  :) ).

The ones I actually keep around, standby-for-hugs, on my bed or otherwise are (in either my parent's house or my dorm):
-  One dinosaur plushie (I've had it since birth), it's greenish and has a rather dull expression, but I love it nonetheless.
- A Lion pride: consisting of 5 male lion-plushies (various size and materials) and one lioness.
(Yeah, I know it's supposed to be the other way around - but a girl's allowed to dream, right?  ;)
Read: lion-plushies are way easier to find than lioness-plushies)
- A Stitch plushie: bought it in Disney World in Florida. The cutest force of destruction evah!
- Hello Kitty Plushie, complete with kimono - gift from a loved one.
- A random big-eyed brown kitty from some Japanese shop.
- Two owls: I could not stand to buy only one - since those two were the only ones left.
- A raccoon: a gift from my parents - my younger sister has one as well.
- A huge My Little Pony plushie: just because *grin*

Hm, I suppose that's about it.

Offline Lunara_Lioness

• A Lioness who's also a Parrot.
  • Female
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2008, 01:51:37 pm »
I have five male lion plushies. I haven't really given them names, but there are three anthros and two ferals, one of which roars when you squeeze him! The other feral (a full-sized Ty plush) is the one I snuggle when I sleep at night. I can't imagine doing naughty things with them.. but to each their own I guess..  :o
Happily mated to my English Lion, Wardy. <3

Offline Ginny

• Female
    • www.freepowerboards.com/ginnysforum
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2008, 03:26:46 pm »
It's normal to attach an extreme amount of emotion to things that have a lot of sentimental attraction for you; particularly if you're one of those people ((like me :P)) who like to either give their plushies personalities and stick by those personalities or equate them to actual people that you know.  For instance, Kai gave me his Sonic plushie for Christmas last year.  I slept with it til a few days before we broke up, it had so much attachment for me-I couldn't fall asleep without it.  Now I can't sleep without my ragged old fox plushie, and I've had to put the Sonic one away until I can figure out a way to get it back to Kai, because seeing it makes me miserable.

But yeah x3
~Ginny~

Offline pocomouse

• Male
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2008, 06:29:24 pm »
I have a serious emotional attachment to my Fieval plushie.  I've had him since I was five and simply can't sleep without him.  Last year I went to Vegas with my dad, two uncles and two cousins and I had to bring Fieval with me.  My dad shared a room with me and on the first night he was shocked.  "You still have that?!"  I was kinda embarrassed, but what can ya do? :D

Anyway, I live in fear of the day he falls apart on me.  He's looking pretty rugged these days. :(
More is said than done.                               

-Aesop

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2008, 07:33:45 pm »
I have a lot (most of the origional beanie babies everyone tells me I could make money off them... HA) I still have my first animal (a monkey named max and speedy the turtle I was too young to remember which I got first). Also one a side note I have a bunch of a series that inspired me they are called Pocket pals. I want to know if anyone has any. They are anthros that do not have tails (I used them as action figures when I was little).

Offline Benjamin

• the admin liger
  • Species: liger
  • Male
    • stripeymaney
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2008, 11:40:45 pm »
I have quite a few plushies, myself. The vast majority of them are lions, but there're tigers in there... as well as blue lamb and a plushie can of Dr Pepper. :D

A lot of them reside in my bed. Thankfully, I have a queen size bed. :P

Benjamin

Offline Ears

• Female
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2008, 03:02:30 pm »
I sleep with ALOT of plushies at night. They take up more of the bed then I do.  :-[
<br />Pets name: Ambrosia<br />Adopt your own!