Author Topic: Transformation-a-Week  (Read 11802 times)

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
    • Feathertail's Dreamwidth journal
Transformation-a-Week
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:51:07 pm »
Did you get your fursona drawn in Millislim's thread, like I did? Maybe you drew your own pic, or commissioned another artist. You know what your fursona looks like ... So how would you like to become your fursona?

Here are the stories I've written so far. You could be next!

1. Edward Vulpes: Access Granted (a Soulgate short story)
2. Arbutus: Onnaneko
3. McMajik: Magic Can Happen
4. Lawrence: Imaginary Friends
5. Shaku: Don't Land Until You Mean To (a Soulgate short story)
6. Alexandre: A Seasonal Tale
7. Lander: Rough Landing
8. Creator-Unreal: Help Wanted
9. Vincent Rose: Tiger at Play
10. Sasha: A Better Life
11. Hayaikawa: A Dream Come True
12. Kaloyan Alett: Trapped (a Soulgate short story)
13. Arbutus: Independence Day
14. Savage: Spirit Hunter

Click here to see the current commission / free request queues!

How it Works

You may have seen my old "Want to become your fursona?" thread. I am once again taking requests for free transformation stories, this time on a first-come, first-served basis! Give me enough information to work with, and you will have a story written for you. As the thread's title (inspired by Jonathan Coulton's Thing-a-Week) implies, I'm writing one every week, and each new story will be posted here on Furtopia. I'll also be posting them on my website, once it's up, and on various art website accounts. Just don't wait too long to sign up, because I'll be soliciting requests offsite, too!

Of course, if you'd rather not wait twenty weeks for your story, I'd be happy to take a commission! Commissioned stories don't just jump to the head of the line, they're a separate line altogether. You can pay any amount over $5, and I'll work on your story ahead of everyone else's. Plus, you can commission as many stories as you want, whereas you only get one free request in a lifetime. Scroll down to find out how to send payment! I also accept art trades, if you'd like to help out by drawing promotional art or scenes from my stories.

A commission is the best way to make sure that you get your story quickly, and they make great gifts for your furry friends. ^.^

Not Your Average TF

You may have read TF before. But these are not normal transformation stories. The point of these stories isn't to have five paragraphs about your fingernails growing longer, it's to see how you yourself would cope with becoming your fursona. Is it a dream come true? A terrible nightmare? Or an intriguing subplot inside Soulgate: Identity Crisis, the ongoing TF epic? Your call!

How To Be Accepted

Just write at least two to three paragraphs about yourself, your fursona, and what you want your story to be like. I'd like at least a name and a physical description, and the more you can tell me about yourself, your fursona, your area and living situation, and especially what kind of story would most resonate with you, the better. Not everything you say will make it into the story, but the more things you give me to work with, the greater the odds that I'll find something I can write about. If I feel that you haven't given me enough detail, I will probably contact you for more, but I reserve the right to drop your request altogether or ask you to reapply.

If you don't feel comfortable writing your request out in public, feel free to PM me! I'm also on MSN and AIM quite often.

I work best when given the room to be creative, but if there's something you definitely do or do not want in your story, please let me know! All ideas must be family-friendly. Also, I do not write fanfiction (except for Soulgate: Identity Crisis), so please don't ask for your story to be set in a copyrighted universe.

How to Send Payment

Want to commission a story? Excellent! If you have a PayPal account, just go to http://www.paypal.com and send it in U.S. dollars to jspurbeck@gmail.com. And if you don't have one, it's easy to sign up! Any donation, even $0.50, will get you a commission. But furs who donate more get a higher priority, so depending on how much you decide to send it may be a while! Artwork will be valued at $5.00 or however much the artist normally charges for commissions, whichever is higher -- and all artwork must be suitable for display on a family-friendly website.

Once again, commissions are in addition to the normal TF a week, and you're welcome to stay on the list for a free request even after you've received a commission. You only get one free request in a lifetime, though!

How to Help Out

Help other furs become their fursonas! Here are some ways you can help out:

• Read and review. Let everyone know what you think of the stories!
  • Spread the word. If you like your story (or someone else's!), why not link to it in your sig, or DA / FA profile? And if you know someone who might be interested in becoming his or her fursona, let 'em know that I'm taking requests!
  • Write and draw. Want to draw a picture or write a story based on something I've written? Go ahead! I'll be happy to link to you on my website, once it's up. Once again, family-friendly writings and artwork only! And if you want to write or draw something with someone else's characters in it, be sure to contact him or her for permission first.
  • Donate. Help keep this tree swallow in organic peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! And did I mention that I accept artwork in lieu of payment?

Other Questions

Is there something I didn't bring up? Feel free to ask! And have fun reading!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 11:10:46 am by Tachyon »

Offline Vincent Rose

• Male
Re: Transformation-a-Week -- Now taking requests!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:38:45 pm »
Alright Tachyon  :)
I'd like a transformation story. Super awesome stories BTW.

My Name Irl is Nathan. My friends call me Nate, Nathan, Or Naderz.
Physically, I'm six foot, 180 pounds. I'm kinda muscular. I medium length brown hair, and hazel eyes. I'm always smiling, and almost always laughing about something. I wear black t-shirts and grey-to-black jeans usually, and a fedora.
I'm 17 years old, and a high school junior. I'm taking hard classes, and I'm involved in many school clubs. I can be seen playing hearts in hearts club, watching anime in anime club, acting in drama club or just hanging out with friends. I love activities like ice-skating, dancing, acting, Dnd, partying, eating breakfast at midnight, and various shenanigans like that.
I work backstage during plays, doing stage crew and technical things, but someday i want to actually get a good role.

My fursona is Vaisar, the White Tiger. He has alternating light blue and black stripes. He wears black dress shirts, slacks or jeans, and a black fedora. He's basically just like me, except more playful and physical.

I live a little bit in the country, but just a short drive gets me to the middle of a giant city that spread out, and not up. Three cities all adjacent to each other. I don't own a car, so i just bus to school. My school is very spirited and supposedly the best academically.

The story should probably be school themed, because that's where i've spent most of my life.
Check out my Furaffinity: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/vincentrose91/
I'm Vin on the IRC.

Offline Edward Vulpes

• Mmm... Fish-shaped volatile organic compounds.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:50:14 pm »
I do hope that you don't burn yourself out on this, my friend. I know that I, for one, would not have the fortitude to churn out a quality short story week after week, as you have been doing. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavour. (I shan't be greedy and commission one from you just yet, although I might yet do that.)
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." -Albert Einstein
"Small child, I have fangs and claws. Please let go of my tail." -Moi

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 11:42:26 pm »
I'd like one. I'm Kaloyan, 26, (27 on monday) and around 5'9" 157lbs.
Short brown-ish blonde hair, glasses. I carry my PSP with me all over to listen to music. (Alternative stuff.) I'm never without my necklace; a canadian penny hung on a small chain. A memento of a fiance that passed a few years back named Mia.

I don't mind if you focus on my old fursona or my new one, (the only diffrences really are wings, horns and longer tail). Or if you want to do both, transform into the first, then undergo a second transformation.

I'm an upbeat guy, always joking. I often avoid physical contact IRL due to a stronger than normal sense of touch. I drink nothing but soda, coca cola, and love fast food, no veggies please. :)

Feel free to set it anywhere you like. If I changed I think I would try to hide myself out of fear. I don't like to stand out. In crowds I often stay near the walls, large social events scare me and I will often avoid them. I'm good with 2 or 3 people, but less is more.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:09 pm »
Time for this week's update!

Commission Queue

None yet. Buy someone a gift or get in line ahead of everyone else for as little as $0.50! Artwork still counts for at least $5.

Free Request Queue

Vincent Rose -- Finished, awaiting approval
Sasha (from IRC)
Kaloyan Alett
Savage Fox (from AIM)

Once Vincent Rose gives me permission to post his story (or asks me to edit it and is satisfied with the results), I'll post it here for everyone. ^.^ And I'm still taking requests! Tell anyone you think would be interested!

Offline Anthro_Inquisitor

• What is feared is not what is evil.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 12:02:02 am »
I'd get a commission however I do not have a paypal =/

Mainly due to the fact I don't even have a bank account yet, however once I do i'll get back to you on that. As for now i'll have to think about the details of my characters information, I wouldn't want to force a darker story with the detail I wish to use.

Offline Kris

• My Furaffinity
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 03:02:22 am »
Howdy, toss mine into the queue if you wouldn't mind  :)

Me: My name's Aaron. I'm Simple. Laid back. Pasty white... Yer normal internet troll. 23 years old.. 5'6".. oh say, about 180.  Brown eyes, brown hair, short stature, broad shoulders.  I'm a chill guy, work a desk job for the government, make a decent bit, live alone with my kats.  I'm outgoing with folks that I know, though I'm far from one of those with 83267432 friends.  I spend time in social groups when it suits me, but prefer to spend time with friends in small (1-3 person) groups.  I've got a dry, cynical sense of humor, though can be light hearted.  While I'm quite sophisticated in some aspects, my life boils down to enjoying the simple things: good food, good company, etc.

As for Jake.  Well, there's not too much really to say about him, other than he's a fairly unimpressive anthropomorphic cat.  I identify with him in the sense that, if I could be a critter, that's what it would be.  There's no special meaning or connection behind it, aside from my being a cat person from 5yr old onwards. 

As far as the story and transformation.  For me, 'getting there' always seemed as much as the 'being there' part.  I'm really open to whatever you might want to come up with as far as a story, though I would prefer that we shy away from work, since it would take a massive collaboration effort to get the details just right. 

When mine comes up in the queue, send me a message and we'll see where things go  (:
Cheetahfluffs

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:43 pm »
Vincent Rose's story is up! You can read it here: LINK

Here are the transformation queues, taking into account Jake's request!

Commission Queue

None yet. Be the first!

Free Request Queue

Sasha (from IRC) -- This week's project
Kaloyan Alett
Savage Fox (from AIM)
Jake

I'd get a commission however I do not have a paypal =/

Mainly due to the fact I don't even have a bank account yet, however once I do i'll get back to you on that. As for now i'll have to think about the details of my characters information, I wouldn't want to force a darker story with the detail I wish to use.

Okay! Let me know when you've come up with something! I've also posted a thread on the artwork techniques board asking for suggestions for how to accept payment by money order and the like.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 07:14:22 pm »
 8) Alright, not much longer and it's my turn. :)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 12:06:16 am »
Sasha's is done. I just have to wait for him to come back from the con that he's at so he can review it. ^.^;

Next up: Kaloyan Alett!

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 02:31:51 am »
Sasha's is done. I just have to wait for him to come back from the con that he's at so he can review it. ^.^;

Next up: Kaloyan Alett!
YIPPIE!!!  :D :D :D
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:52:18 am »
Alright I've been looking at this thread for quite a while but never actually posted in it. I would love my own transformation story.

I guess I should start off with who I am as a person.
MY IRL name Is Isaac But I've never really liked that name, but yet have also never really had many nicknames. But since joining the fandom I prefer to be called hayaikawa. I Always like winter more than any other season, due to me liking cold weather and snow so much. It's the reason I'm an arctic kitsune. I'm 6 foot tall, 180 lbs and and am rather strong, I've been taking Brazilian jiu-jitu for over a year now. I have always felt connected to nature and am deeply saddened since I've recently had to move into the suburbs(shudders). I've also been studying lucid dreaming very deeply for a couple years. And know a fair amount more than the average person on the subject.  I've also since joining the fandom been able to mentally create my own tail and ears, I know how it would feel to move them and touch them. I've also made my own fox ears and wear them constantly.

As for my fursona I'm an Anthro Arctic Kitsune. Only a couple of inches higher dues to my fursona having digigrade legs. MY main coloration is white with some blue accents on my face. other than that my fursona is basically my self.

Aa for how I would react, I actually know rather well what would first happen I would see myself as my fursona in the mirror, but that is a big sign your dreaming (when the mirror is wrong or distorted) so I would probably think it is a dream and perform many many reality checks to make sure it was actually real, but when all of them would tell me its real life I would probably get freaked out for a while, then get my camera and record proof that I've really become my fursona then put it on furtopia. After  while of discussing it with every body I would go off and experience the new me, by what I'm saying I mean go back to nature and just run through the Forrest, maybe even sit down on a tree somewhere and just take it all in.

I might actually be able to have the money for a commissioned story, would $5 be enough? That much I should be able to scrounge up no problem.

well that's about all i can tell you, the rest is up to you :)

P.S. I'm not sure if I wrote this correctly and if there is anything else you need to know just ask and I'll add it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:13:30 am by Hayaikawa »

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 10:12:51 pm »
Sasha's story is finally up! You can read it here: LINK

Kaloyan Alett's story is still underway. I presented him with the first draft last night, but as it turned out I ignored something important that he'd told me about his character. >.>; I'm going to rework it for him, and once it is ready I'll post it.

Next up: SavageFox! Remember, anyone who wants one can sign up to get their own free story!

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 01:07:45 pm »
I'm going on hiatus for this week, on account of this thing called Christmas! There will be no free request this week, and Kaloyan Alett's story will not be revised until early next week.

However, Hayaikawa has paid for a commission! Because of this, he will receive his story this week, in the days following the 25th. So it's sort of like I'm going on hiatus, except that I'm not. ^.^;

Merry Christmas to all!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 09:46:54 pm by Tachyon »

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 08:14:21 pm »
 :) Y'know, I kinda like how my name looks in orange.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 10:27:48 pm »
Hayaikawa's story was finished this Saturday. Today he helped me revise it, and it has just been posted on the Writing Technique forum: LINK

It's called "A Dream Come True," because it's, well, a dream come true. What do you expect? ^.^ Naturally, of course, things don't turn out quite the way that his character had anticipated!

Kaloyan Alett's story is next up for a revision, and then SavageFox's story will be written. Three stories in one week! Can it be done? I think it can!

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 11:25:20 pm »
I think it can as well. (ignores the obvious 'Bob the Builder refrence, saving it for more Obama 'yes we can' jokes.)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 10:07:56 am »
As it turns out, I can't seem to write more than one story a week. Not yet, anyway! Hopefully soon!

That week saw the publication of Kaloyan Alett's story, Trapped -- A Soulgate short story. And this last week, I finished a commission for Arbutus! He hasn't gotten back to me yet with the revisions that he wanted, but once he does I'll be posting the story. Well, once he does and I implement them, anyway!

Here's the waiting list for free stories now:

Savage Fox (from AIM) -- This week's project
Jake
Celta

If you'd like a free story of your own, feel free to post! And if you'd like your story done ahead of time, I'm accepting commissions of at least $5.

In other news, I'm thinking I need to revise these threads a bit. "Become Your Fursona" seems to attract more interest than "Transformation-a-Week." ^.^; Anyone else have any thoughts?

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 11:27:45 am »
Seems overkill, but you could get a mod or admin to delete the thread... Or just close it and put a link to this thread.

"This thread is no longer active, If you want a fursona story click Here." 
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:39 pm »
sounds interesting. i wonder. would you make one of me becoming dragore. hmmm. i think i am in. would you mind if i PMed my description

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 10:08:10 pm »
sounds interesting. i wonder. would you make one of me becoming dragore. hmmm. i think i am in. would you mind if i PMed my description

Go ahead!

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2009, 09:49:19 am »
The revisions to Arbutus' story are finally done! You can read the finished story here: LINK

Here is the new waiting list:

Savage Fox (from AIM)
Jake
Celta
Dragore

Offline Savage

• Male
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 02:41:20 am »
Thanks for remembering mine : )
I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

Offline Feathertail

• Writing is Flight!
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 01:37:48 pm »
Savage's story is up! You can read it here: LINK

Here's the current waiting list:

Jake
Celta
Dragore

If anyone else wants a story, feel free to let me know!

Offline Wolf_Paw

• Just your friendly neighborhood pink wolf
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2009, 01:25:29 am »
Hey I'd love a story, please :D

I'm 5' 0", about 100 pounds. I have short brown hair and brown eyes. I wear comfy clothes, and my favorite color to wear is pink! I often wear my brown leather collar, with silver studs. I wear glasses with purple frames.
My fursona is a soft pink wolf with brown markings on her ears, a stripe running from her nose to her forehead, tail tip, and paws. Her underbelly is white. Her left eye is emerald green and her right eye is violet. She has 2 small brown dots under each eye. Her tail is quite bushy.

My personality is quiet, but I'm usually upbeat and funny. I'm a computer geek :D I love nature and animals.

I don't think I would mind much what kind of story I get, but I'd feel that I'd like it best if it had to do with being out in nature, on a cold winter's night in the forest. The sound of passing wolf packs can be heard in the area, and that's when the transformation can take place. After that, feel free to exercise your creativity in anyway you like. Maybe meeting the pack would be fun, or just running around in the snow drifts in a new body, enjoying the experience.

If that isn't enough information just let me know :) Thanks much in advance
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:32:23 am by Wolf_Paw »

My furry code: FCW4a A+ C- D+++ H+ M P++ R T+++ W Z- Sf RLU a- cw++ d+ e f++ h* i++ j++ p++ sf-