Author Topic: Clay Slab Landscape I made  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Shim

• Male
Clay Slab Landscape I made
« on: May 20, 2010, 11:38:26 pm »
I've come to realize that drawing is NOT my motif, I never could, probably never will be able to draw.  I took a picture, a clay slab, and some tiny carving..things (not sure what the word is), and after a couple days, let it dry, this came to be.  It was fun, and I'll probably do it again!

Constructive criticism is nice.  (The pic quality might be off, because the originals pics are HUGE)

Offline furtopia02

Re: Clay Slab Landscape I made
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 12:41:20 am »
Wow, cool! I love how it is 3d when viewed from the side! I've never made anything like that. Very neat! Makes me want to learn to work more with clay. :) Great job!

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:37:47 pm »
I like it!  I was surprised to see how much it is 3D.  Kind of reminds me of something I did... I got a piece of balsa wood... covered it with a bottle of blue ink, and carved out a pic.  I did a mountain scene with a fence like yours... its kind of spooky actually how much the scene is the same... I have a cowboy on a bucking horse instead of a tree though. Mine is not as near 3D as yours. I dont know where it is at the moment... when I find it, I'll post a pic of it.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 05:45:10 pm »
Wow, cool! I love how it is 3d when viewed from the side! I've never made anything like that. Very neat! Makes me want to learn to work more with clay. :) Great job!

Working with physical materials is a lot easier for me.  Actually working with my hands, rather than using them to put something else on.  Building on what I already have.  I sliced down the slab, and used that extra to build the fence, and the pole.  I wonder if my school will let me use their kilns if I'm not taking an art class...