announcements > administerial roars and woofs

The IRC blues....

(1/16) > >>

WhiteShepherd:
We got em...  As many of the irc frequenters have noticed the irc has been going up and down mostly at night.  This is due to Time Warner's failure or willingness to fix problems on their lines in this area.  I have spent hours for many weeks on the phone with them and their only solution is always replace the modem even then the problem is the lines and is obvious to the techs this is the problem.  Plus the foreign techs will demand every computer in the house has a problem when the cable sync light won't even come on in the modem.

I hope to solve this problem in two ways.  First we are moving to PA and I'm hoping the new monopoly is more thoughtful to their customers.  For this transition the net will go down on the 28th and resume in the new location on the 30th.  Second as we have had in the past I would like to get a second irc server running ( irc2.furtopia.org ).  That way if users have problems with one server they can simply hop over to the backup without having to endure down times.  Both servers will be linked so all chat will be seen on both servers.  I'll post a time frame for this service in the next couple days as we learn more of our options.

WhiteShepherd

Sk Skunk:
Many thanks for keeping everyone in the loop. It's kind of tough to fix troubles that are not of your doing, but moving your home to so the servers run better is a bit extreme!  ;) :D

Good luck with the move. Thanks again for keeping this madness known as Furtopia, going for all of us to enjoy! 8)

Storm Fox:
Good luck and hope to you that everything goes well with the move.

McMajik:
You struck a day early, you monster!~ D:

Hah, good luck with the move. :D

Mylo:
I've never really properly said thanks for running this awesome site.  Good luck with your move and thank you for continuing to run and support Furtopia!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version