general furry discussion > the polling booth

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?

<< < (2/42) > >>

Kobuk:
Statistics as of 10pm EST that I read from CNN.

Now let me ask: Does this sound like a pandemic to you? There's at least 8 billion (8,000,000,000) people on Earth. And out of that amount, only 92,000+ have gotten ill from the coronavirus and 3,000+ have died. The regular influenza (Flu) has a much greater chance of being worse than the coronavirus and infecting you and/or killing you. We are far, far away from the coronavirus being classified as a pandemic.

--- Quote ---At least 3,200 people around the world have died from coronavirus and 92,862 have been infected.

In China, another 38 people died as of the end of Tuesday, bringing the death toll in mainland China to 2,981, according to China’s National Health Commission (NHC).

Of the 38 people who died, 37 were in Hubei province, where the outbreak began

Confirmed cases in mainland China increased by 119, as of the end of Tuesday, with 115 in Hubei.

In total, 80,270 people have been infected with coronavirus in mainland China since the start of the outbreak. According to the NHC, a total of 49,856 patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital.

A total of 219 deaths have been recorded outside mainland China.

Here's the breakdown:

Italy: 79
    Iran: 77
    South Korea: 32
    Japan: 12
    United States: 9
    France: 4
    Hong Kong: 2
    Taiwan: 1
    Australia: 1
    Thailand: 1
    Philippines: 1
--- End quote ---

In the U.S. -

--- Quote ---Nine people have died from coronavirus in the United States and 125 have been infected, according to authorities.

Those include 48 cases from repatriated citizens, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The other 77 cases are spread across 13 states. 

These numbers include presumptive positive cases that tested positive in a public health lab and are pending confirmation from the CDC, and confirmed cases that have received positive results from the CDC.

Here's a state-by-state breakdown:

Arizona: 2
    California: 26
    Florida: 3
    Georgia: 2
    Illinois: 4
    Massachusetts: 2
    New Hampshire: 2
    New York: 2
    North Carolina: 1
    Oregon: 3
    Rhode Island: 2
    Washington state: 27 (includes 9 deaths)
    Wisconsin: 1

And here's where the repatriated cases came from:

Diamond Princess cruise ship: 45
    Wuhan, China: 3
--- End quote ---

Jade Sinapu:
 I've heard from a coworker that someone connected to the high School here in my town, has corona virus.  But that is unconfirmed.

Kobuk:
This is what I was afraid of. It likely all started in a Chinese animal food market. The Chinese need to ban such markets. But I doubt it will be easy or have much effect. It could do more harm than good as I fear it would just lead to people dealing more in lucrative and secret "black market" trade/business.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/asia/china-coronavirus-wildlife-consumption-ban-intl-hnk/index.html

Jade Sinapu:
Colorado now has about 13 cases...Reported on Colorado Springs news.  Most unconfirmed, but very likely COVID19.
No deaths reported.

Kobuk:
Not even furry conventions are immune to the coronavirus.  :o Here's what Anthrocon had to say on it's website.
https://www.anthrocon.org/news/covid-19

I can't help but wonder how many other furry cons will either postpone or cancel their conventions?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version