general furry discussion > the polling booth

Coronavirus vaccine.

(1/6) > >>

Kobuk:
In the last week or two, there has been exciting news that a vaccine may soon be available for the coronavirus. Both Pfizer and Moderna have developed vaccines that are said to be at least 95% effective.
But these as well as other vaccines may not be ready for full distribution to the American public for several more months yet as possibly more testing and verification needs to be done, as well as deciding who gets it first as well as how and where to distribute it.

But the big question remains: Will you get vaccinated?

Kay Alett:
I'm voting 'undecided' right now because while I will get vaccinated eventually I am not an early adopter of things. Much like new technology medicines can easily go awry by just small unknown variables. So I will wait. I will wait till all the kinks and the bugs are worked out and they get that effectiveness rating up a bit more.

I fully believe in the power of vaccines and I am anxious to get the covid vaccine but at the same time this virus isn't like the flu. Getting it once doesn't make you immune or resistant to reinfection. And I believe that even after, heck especially after, you should continue wearing your protection.

Jade Sinapu:
I figure the vaccine is like others and it contains the inactivated virus bodies of Covid-19.  So I will take the vaccine when they offer it to me.  I am not blindly trusting in .. anything... but I do believe the vaccine makers/scientists want to get it right, and they tested on animals and then people. And by the time I get it, since I will be one of the last to get it, other people will have been the test-bed for it.  So I figure by then I will know if it makes you grow a tail.  And if it does, I will get two vaccines as fast as I can.

cause the rat:
Because I have to keep working through all of this I'll get the vaccine. Most likely before most people do. Not looking forward to it. It's already been reported you should expect to get sick right after the shot is given.

Kay Alett:

--- Quote from: cause the rat on November 26, 2020, 01:18:49 pm ---Because I have to keep working through all of this I'll get the vaccine. Most likely before most people do. Not looking forward to it. It's already been reported you should expect to get sick right after the shot is given.

--- End quote ---
Well that makes sense since the whole "getting sick" aspect of a viral attack is your body's immune system kicking into gear and sounding the alarm. So naturally when you give yourself a dummy of the virus to get your immune system into combat readiness you'd expect to feel ill. After all, when the army runs training exercises and drills they don't exact go about it all casual like do they? No, they sound the alarms, they yell and scream and make ready like its the real thing.

I remember one of the last conversations I had with my father he said he wasn't worried about covid because "I haven't felt sick from anything in a long time so I figure I have a good immune system"
To which I just stared at him blankly thinking "Are you an idiot?"
And then carefully explained that not feeling sick at all when others around you are is more likely a sign of a weak immune system because all of the signs of sickness are your immune system locking the body down and going into red alert combat readiness to fight the invaders. So if you have none of that happening then you are basically like a fortress with the security system turned off and all the guards are napping.

The look on his face. *gasp*  :o
Priceless!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version