general furry discussion > general furry discussion

What if you weren't into the furry fandom?

<< < (2/2)

Simo:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on December 13, 2022, 10:39:38 pm ---Imagine if you had never heard of or discovered the furry fandom.
OK

--- Quote ---
What other hobby/interest or fandom do you think you'd have gotten into that would have taken the furry fandom's place?

--- End quote ---

There is a good chance that could've happened. It would change nothing. I was a furry before there was ever a fandom in the first place. I've always said they knew I was furry before I knew I was furry. When I was 8 y/o I asked Mother to make me a fruit bat costume for Halloween -- ATT that was my fursona (though not  by that name). That was before Albedo, Erma Felina, Mark Merlino, Rod O'Riley, Confurence 0. I found out about it from CSI -- THAT infamous episode: "Fur and Loathing". After seeing that, I did some Duckduckgo-ing and discovered it wasn't just some figment of a script writer's imagination. I was like, "Oh, so that's what it's called" instead of "WHAT THE..."

As for other interests, I still have those, and furry hasn't displaced anything, There's no "I'd be a _____ if I wasn't a furry". It would mean a different circle of friends, but even there, it would be the furries I didn't meet.

--- End quote ---

Acton:

--- Quote from: Kobuk on December 13, 2022, 10:39:38 pm ---Imagine if you had never heard of or discovered the furry fandom.
What other hobby/interest or fandom do you think you'd have gotten into that would have taken the furry fandom's place?

--- End quote ---
I think of what I would not have done if was not for the Furry fandom. I would not be an Anime or Science Fiction convention attendee, I would not have started to collect Sanrio characters, I would not be a Ham Radio operator (the person who introduced me to Ham Radio was a furry). I would have a boring life.

Mister Initial Man:
I'd likely be more into music or something.  I don't think I'd do nearly as much website coding, because I got into website coding through running a Redwall Online Community website.

Rocket T. Coyote:
Also model rocketry, puppetry, cartooning, fishing, camping, collecting militaria, and renaissance festivals.

Kada-Ru:
For me, I'm still pretty much into the things that I was before finding the fandom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version