Author Topic: Are you a free paw?  (Read 61247 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Are you a free paw?
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21:24 pm »
Lately I've had to start wearing socks around the house, because we have no carpets and the floors are freezing. But I hate wearing just socks, it feels odd.
Also I have no grip and go sliding across the place XD
thair are some whith rubber grips one the bottoms
I know, I used to have a pair when I was a pre-teen with wolf paw pads on the sole. But I still dislike wearing just socks.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2012, 02:50:43 pm »
I can't stand shoes so I drive barefoot and never have shoes on in the house. I can't even stand socks in the house. We were also raised that you don't wear socks in the house so I slip them off at other peoples' and leave socks on. But if they are wearing shoes I'll probably leave them on since a lot of people get weirded out when you take your shoes off.
My FA

I come and I go

Offline KitKatPurrpurr

• Species: Deer, jaguar
  • Jagdeer
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2012, 03:35:26 pm »
I really dislike being shoe-less unless it's inside. I like having something on my feet, generally, and I dislike the thought of getting stuff on them. Plus when I was younger I walked around outside a bit and got three small warts on my feet. So I just prefer shoes or socks. But I have double-jointed toes in my right foot, and I like grabbing stuff with them.

I actually really do hate being barefoot. I just don't like it. So no, I'm not a free paw.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:06:39 am by KitKatPurrpurr »

Offline Baylyn

• Female
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2012, 04:14:27 pm »
I do not wear shoes or socks unless I REALLY REALLY have to! I hate wearing them as well as clothes. So I like to wear thin loose clothes I am a major free paw I can walk on everything with bare feet!

Offline Dj sky jr

• Male
« Reply #304 on: November 24, 2012, 08:39:33 pm »
i can to :)

Offline Fnoros

• Male
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2012, 10:57:14 pm »
The only thing a shoe really needs to do is protect against abrasions and cuts. The human foot is the product of millions of years of evolution, and doesnt need much help with it's job. Modern shoes train people to walk incorrectly, cause joint and spine damage, and deform feet. This isn't a furry issue, it's a general health issue.
Common Sense is what tells you that the Earth is flat.

Offline Lonely Wolf

• I will be remembered
  • Male
« Reply #306 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »
I always walk bere foot in my house. I like cool feet.
The only time I were gloves is when I'm boxing or punching my punching bag. I like thick gloves for that.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."-Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #307 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:01 pm »
I don't walk bere foot as, conventions don't normally allow it, and I don't feel like stepping on very sharp and pointy objects in town ... I don't wear closed toe shoes tho or socks. I walk digigrade at home tho... just because 9/10 of the times I do it without thinking as I do it a lot.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Liamb763

• Generic Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #308 on: May 15, 2013, 05:59:14 pm »
I have a bad habit of stubbing my toes whenever I go barefoot. If I didn't, I would!
"Sometimes I go to my own little world. They know me there."-Albert Einstein. Fur code:FCWf3a A C- D++ H+ M P+ R- T+++ W-- Z Sm-- RLU a- cn++ d- e-- f- h* i+ j- p+ sm#

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #309 on: May 15, 2013, 06:11:43 pm »
I hate wearing shoes in the house.  Sometimes during summer I wear socks because I sweat really bad, but for the most part I go barefoot.  When I'm leaving the house though, I always wear big boots.
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>

Offline flatout442

• Male
« Reply #310 on: May 15, 2013, 06:33:05 pm »
I can't go anywhere without my day-glo green socks, so no I don't go barefoot.
One simply does not exist without bacon.

Offline Doris tha Kitten

• Cutie Cat
  • Male
« Reply #311 on: June 27, 2013, 12:52:06 am »
I was so happeh cause today I free pawed all around town for the first time! It felt so good and I felt so in touch with myself and surroundings. I went with my bestfriend who isnt a furry but he went barefoot anyways. I am definitely free pawing moarrr. ;3
Doris, tha Kitten (noun): a shy but fun and loving kitty cat who is eager but nervous to make new friends.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2013, 01:42:11 pm »
I wear socks all the time cuz I like the huggy feeling on my calves. The heel is always missing though...I like it that way but outside I wear slippers. Inside its either socks or nothing.  I can walk on concrete basement floors barefoot, and the floors feel warmer...I don't mind but I'd imagine  it would bother others...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2013, 09:06:47 pm »
I really dislike things on my feet so I guess that I'd describe myself as a free paw (:
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline Kastra Epsilon

• Possibly maybe hazardous.
  • Female
« Reply #314 on: August 14, 2013, 08:01:49 pm »
While I prefer going barefoot, I guess I'm fine with shoes too. However, I simply can't stand wearing socks. All slippery and overheated and uncomfortable.  >:( I can't ever walk far from home barefoot because there are a few bullys in my school that find it necessary to make a big thing about it. ...so I guess I can consider myself a almost-freepaw.  :P

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2013, 08:04:35 pm »
Hardwood Floors + Socks = Hours of amusement and a hospital bill XD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »
The past few weeks I've only wore slippers on occasion... :) I'm so close to being a free-paw!
Mate of WereCat

Offline Plantan

• Male
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2013, 11:05:05 pm »
Welcome to the club :3
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline Xephe Wolf

• Species: Main: Red panda, but sadly I cant change the name of my account to what I want.
  • Always somewhere in the world...
  • Male
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2013, 04:50:38 pm »
I can't say that i am for the most time. Just today i free pawed from school to my house... I always walk barefoot at my Grandma's farm and the pasture. Walking on the dirt road, always so rocky. I felt free.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:20:27 pm by Xephe Wolf »
People say chuck norris is strong and the best.I don't think so. If he were so strong, then he would
bash my face into the keyboa 6098[]\[]\;[;[[]p0653tipogfcjkt4987348uij!@#$%^*&&&&&&(

Offline Derin Darkpaw

• Male
« Reply #319 on: August 28, 2013, 12:21:16 am »
Man I use to love going barefoot everywhere.  It was great until my toes turned purple for about a month.  Went to a lot of doctors then trying to find out what caused this and in the end I was diagnosed with Raynaud's Disease.  Which really just means that I have poor circulation in my hands and feet and need to avoid exposure to cold.  Since then I kind of need to wear socks and shoes everywhere and wear slippers around the house in winter.  No big deal really just glad it wasn't anything more serious.

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2013, 01:16:53 pm »
I really enjoy walking bare foot in my garden and playing catch with my Akita  :goldhowl: . I prefer wearing some protection outside my house, since there can be glass on the pavements, sharps rocks etc.
But when I'm in the forest, I can climb and run bare footed, man I missed the times! Now when I'm young adult, my favourite forest has been destroyed for building and housing etc.  :goldpissed:
So yes, I'm a free paw for most of the time.
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal

Offline Christiaan

• Male
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2013, 04:32:59 pm »
I actually have very dextrous feet, and I used to like to keep my feet free for picking things up off the floor, among other things. Why? Because I felt very helpless without my toes free. It's like having tape bound around your fingers if you're like me.

In fact, there was a time when it kind of freaked me out to not be able to feel the ground or floor that I was standing on. It was almost surreal to me to be basically numb, where I was accustomed to having sensation. I wondered how other people could even stand it.

In the past few years, I have found an alternative to going free-paw all the time, and that's simply wearing exclusively top-siders or any loafer that I can easily slip my feet out of. Whenever I'm at a coffee shop or any public place, I'll automatically slip my feet out of my shoes and tuck my feet up under me.

Why? Because people kept giving me grief over going bare-pawed all the time. Because I'd go into places where food was being served and find out there was some rule about it regarding sanitation. It just wasn't worth it to argue.

I also realized that, in human society, they tend to leave filth on the ground, and it's actually a thousand times filthier than any forest floor. It's the equivalent of putting on a hazmat suit, the way I look at it.

But, when I'm studying at a library late at night, I leave my shoes at the station where I'm studying. I don't think anything of it. I am so comfortable with myself about it, I don't think that most people notice.

On the other hand, one thing that you have to understand is that humans have been wearing footwear of some kind for thousands of years, and we have actually adapted, to a large extent, to wearing it in our natural environment. It is almost less natural, for some people, to go without footwear. They are literally evolved to actually have a need for it.

But I do feel more like my furry self barefoot.

Or bare in general, but that's for another conversation.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 04:38:20 pm by Christiaan »

Offline Wrangell

• Male
« Reply #322 on: September 09, 2013, 01:02:42 am »
I love going free paw! You can find me anytime walking around with out footwear. Yes I  do it in the long winter months too! X) on my icy driveway to take the trash in! When I'm camping specifically I love walking around the wilderness free paw! :D
Keep Smiling

Offline Plantan

• Male
« Reply #323 on: October 27, 2013, 09:47:44 am »
Most of you have said that you like to walk around outside like in the wilderness etc when you bare foot...I however am allergic to almost everything in the wilderness (grass trees golden rod etc...) and I absolutely love walking on pavement and gravel bare footed....its just a preference I guess... I also enjoy picking things up with my feet....I also find socks amazingly uncomfortable because my feet itch.....a LOT...so yeah...

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #324 on: October 27, 2013, 11:56:17 am »
I free paw when I can, but I have a pretty bad area for it. My forests are covered in broken glass, and my streets aren't much better. I do what I can though ^_^ You'll never catch me wearing socks in the house.
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson