Author Topic: I am thirteen, and looking to incorporate furry into my life...  (Read 4406 times)

Offline Hesper Scott

• Female
I am thirteen, and looking to incorporate furry into my life...
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:49 pm »
...any suggestions for how I can do this?
Whenever I see these signatures, I feel like I should use mine to say something really interesting and profound, but I always end up with some generic quote or saying. Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, now guess who looks like a excessively meta killjoy. I do!

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
Re: I am thirteen, and looking to incorporate furry into my life...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:55:53 pm »
There are lots of subtle ways to do it. Wearing clothing or jewelry with your animal on them, decorating your space with posters and figurines of your animal and things like that.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:08:47 am »
well i literally don't go 2 hours daily without thinking about furry at least once, and what i think is one of the main causes of that is that i have been running an alternate reality in my head just full of...whatever i wish really, space ships, events, etc. so when i became furry i just "ctl-c ctl-v'd" it in there and so i already had a system to basically incorporate it almost constantly. this universe was a constant thing always changing there was not an hour where i didn't think about it once, inn the hallways, in class, etc. so maybe try something like that? make a sort of daydream world where just whatever you want to happen, happens and then put furry in there. and there is also clothing, like anthrowear and paw star.  http://www.anthrowear.com/

http://www.pawstar.com/

or try drawing art.
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:29:43 am »
to incorporate the fandom my best advice is to draw anthros more, maybe wear a tail, have furrry related things laying around like bones, squeak toys, paw prints, ect...

kinda hard for me to say because i have a very strong emotional attachment to furries... i constantly think about it, pretty much any time i have to think about what i want furries are the first thing i think of... even when im thinking about work or trying to solve a problem i still end up thinking about it... i have gotten around to thinking that you just cant make being a furry in your life more, you are kinda in a set strength in the fandom, but i still think that you can do more furry related things...

Offline Jorinda

• Female
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 08:34:11 am »
Don't overdo it.
If you just draw anthros, have furry-themed shirts and jewellery, people will accept that easily. Everyone's cool with that.
If you insist of wearing a tail all the time, and dog collars, and chew on squeaky bones, they'll be likely to think you're a weirdo. The other kids might even bully you.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 11:24:31 am »
Just remember furry pride will attract those who think it's wierd. You don't
have to show it off to enjoy the fandom. But sharing pg anthro art drawings
and on tee-shirts should be ok.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:11 am »
Don't overdo it.
If you just draw anthros, have furry-themed shirts and jewellery, people will accept that easily. Everyone's cool with that.
If you insist of wearing a tail all the time, and dog collars, and chew on squeaky bones, they'll be likely to think you're a weirdo. The other kids might even bully you.
i really want a squeaky bone ^.^ I just really like the sounds they make :P Which reminds me... Why do the animals get all the fun toys? I'm pretty sure I've even wanted a squeaky toy before I found the fandom.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:34:47 am by Sciex »

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 10:42:37 am »
One really good way to be subtle and still send a message is to put buttons/pins on your backpack at school. I used to have a lot of them, but I keep it simple now.

The ones I wear nowadays are...
-Rarity as a TF2 Spy
-One of Pony-Joe that says "Eat At Joe's"
-A player pin from The World Ends with You
-A button that says "Bisexual does not mean confused."
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:44:29 am by Shim »

Offline Jorinda

• Female
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 10:36:23 am »
One really good way to be subtle and still send a message is to put buttons/pins on your backpack at school.
That's a great idea :)
I also have some pins from different artists and cons.