Author Topic: Why Wear Collars?  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
Why Wear Collars?
« on: December 20, 2014, 01:48:32 pm »
Hello, so I am not an animal that wears collars, so the odds of me wearing one in real life are slim to none. That being said, I was wondering what is this obsession that some furs have with them; does your fursona wear a collar or do you do it to feel more like your animal?

I am not ragging on collars, i am just curious.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: Why Wear Collars?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 05:02:14 pm »
My fursona doesn't wear a collar, simply because the only collars the animal wears in real life would be the GPS tags biologists use.

I recently developed a horse fursona though, and he wears a halter/bridle. But he also has an owner that uses him to pull things. :)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hesper Scott

• Female
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 10:13:41 pm »
I'm kinda goth, so the collar just fits into my existing persona. I like how it looks fashion-wise, and it reminds me of the furry fandom.
Whenever I see these signatures, I feel like I should use mine to say something really interesting and profound, but I always end up with some generic quote or saying. Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, now guess who looks like a excessively meta killjoy. I do!

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 02:17:56 pm »
I don't wear collars for furry reasons, and wore them long before I identified as a furry. I'd wear one even if I never found the fandom.

As for my sona, she does wear one for the same reasons I do.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Corvus Corone

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:12:47 pm »
You wear a collar to express your individuality.

And to announce that you're a furry.