Author Topic: Hello from a confused individual  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Ty

• Male
Hello from a confused individual
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:00:48 am »
Hello everyone,

My name is Ty and I have a story to tell. It's not a terribly long one, but i thought it would be interesting to share in my introduction.

So for a long time I have been eyeballing the furry community, dipping my toes ever so slowly into the content to see what it was all about. I had always been someone who enjoyed anthropomorphism and this seemed to be the logical chain of events. Since the start of High School (I'm 25 now) I've wandered here and there soaking in as much unique and interesting things the world could offer. I couldn't however, truly enjoy these things because of my negative social groups like friends and family towards such strange subject. It was the straight and narrow for this kid or wild discrimination and cruelty otherwise. On top of that I have a huge mental capacity for driving myself insane through anxiety and over thinking, that it would suffocate all my energy from my body and leave me endlessly tired. Thanks genetics.

Now that I am older, opportunities have shown their way to allow me to engage in the things I have wanted to without as harsh overbearing from different sources. In all truth, I am very introverted and socially crippled. I could blame my past or my upbringing, but instead I decided to look towards the horizon and meet new and fascinating people across the world who share my interests and morals.

I was so gladly greeted earlier this day by Loc in the IRC with kind and meaningful conversation that I knew from the start this was the place for me. I do not have fursona per-say, but hope to make a decision on something that truly symbolizes who I am and how I want to represent myself towards other people. I give my thanks to the creators of this forum and wish to hear all the stories to come. <3

~Thanks for Reading

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Hello from a confused individual
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:16:05 am »
Hi there, welcome to Furtopia. Glad to see you on this side as well :3  Hope you enjoy your stay.

Time for your welcome mail, the MPoD:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Ty

• Male
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 10:35:18 am »
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?

Well originally I tried joining another chat-room because I just wanted to chat with individuals about the subject and meet people who have similar interests, ideals and feelings. However, that room was as we can say heavily guarded from new members, so the prize of chatlyhood couldnt be reached. Now I am here!

How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?

I have been interested in the anthropomorphism since I was a kid and grew up liking it more and more. I haven't been able to express myself publicly about my true feelings since other means of prejudiced seemed to circle everywhere I went. So I chose not to be a part of it for my own mental safety.

Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?

I currently do not have a fursona, but have many lingering ideas about one I would love to create. It is very hard for me to decide on one particular thing that makes me...well me. In time and interaction, I am sure I will unlock my secrets and will finally know who I am.

What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

The art, the literature, the comics...there are alot of things I like about it, that it is hard to pick one particular thing.

Offline Dragonspirit99

• Species: flying fox bat
  • I love music.
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:49:17 am »
Hey don't worry your going to make new amazing Friends and don't worry about the fact you don't have a fursona yet it will come and if you want I can help you with making one.  :) plus you can add one more person to your friend's list.

Offline Ty

• Male
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:28 am »
Thanks <3 I really do appreciate the support.  :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 02:45:41 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

If you ever need help about the furry fandom, I've already answered some questions here you can read over. ;)

http://forums.furtopia.org/general-furry-discussion/a-furtopian-newcomer's-guide-to-being-a-furry/

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia, apparently the place where everyone loses a part of their sanity.

Wow, that got dark quickly. Thank goodness we always have a full moon.

Uh... See you around?

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 04:14:52 pm »
Welcome! I'm glad you can finally explore and participate with people who share your interests and virtues.

As for fursona, don't worry too much about it. Experiment and be creative with it and eventually you'll find what you like and what just feels right. A lot of us try a number of things before they find something that suits them, and that might change as they get older. As a child I was a cat, then an elephant, then a skunk. I went as a wolf for over a decade, but now a breed of dog feels better. It's still weird looking at my profile pic and not seeing the wolf with snow on his head.

I got sidetracked. Welcome to Furtopia!  :)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ty

• Male
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 10:54:37 pm »
Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I don't know what steps I will be taking next, but it will probably be something to do with art. I took 4 years of physical art in highschool and I am hoping to translate that into a digital medium eventually. Slow process ya know. Hopefully I will be able to share some custom works and maybe a fursona sheet in the future.

Offline AwesomeToaster

• Species: Nekomimi
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 08:31:13 am »
Hi, and welcome to the forums! :3 we've met on IRC already, but I hope you enjoy your time on the forums too :D
"The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago; the second best time is now."
IRC: ROT13(Arxbwvzv)

Offline Movian

• Species: Dragon
  • Male
    • Movian's site
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 10:17:46 am »
welcome!

Hope you have a great stay! :)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.