Author Topic: Reactions to Other Animals/Furries  (Read 13663 times)

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
Re: Reactions to Other Animals/Furries
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2010, 06:49:56 pm »
Its true, and In my case, Im always closer to dogs than I am with cats, my dog hunter, who is in fact the stupidest lab in existence, absolutely loves me, but my cat who we call Mow-Mow/Mama always runs from me and me alone :(. I can only think of two cats that showered me with leg rubbing.
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline CanzetYote

• Male
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 09:54:35 pm »
I seem to get along fine with dogs and cats in general. Heck, my stepfamily owns a couple wolfdog hybrids that I'm very close to (and I really miss, living away from them). I have yet to meet another furry in real life, though.

Offline Keydon

• Try and fail, but don't fail to try.
  • Female
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2010, 09:58:53 pm »
In real life, I'm a very tiny person and horses scare me if they're too close. But I do like animals in general without much favoritism except for insects, I will leave a house if there's an insect inside.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 10:01:38 am »
In real life, I'm a very tiny person and horses scare me if they're too close.

Well, we have half of that statement in common. I'm a pretty tiny person too. I'm 5'2" or sometimes refered to by me as 4'16" (ooh a hidden secret code is revealed). However, I am a Horse owner, so I am perfectly comfortable around my hoofy brethren. I own a German warmblood breed, Oldenburger, named Cally. She's about 16.2 hands high to her whithers (shoulders). I'll try to post a pic of her and me later if i remember when I get home from work.

I may have something that could help you get over your fear of the Equine (Ungalatophobia?). Do you like back rubs? I taught my horse the trick on how to give back rubs. If you turnyour back to her, she'll lower her head and run up agaist you for about 5 minutes. I recommend now wearing good clothes when she does this as they get rather dirty in the process. But it feels really good. She's lifted me off the ground on more then one occassion while doing this too, its pretty funny.

Offline Rilin

• Species: Mouse
  • Female
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 06:49:54 pm »
Despite being a mouse furry, I own and love two cats, and get on well with just about any other species of furry/animal. :D

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 07:49:50 pm »
Despite being a mouse furry, I own and love two cats, and get on well with just about any other species of furry/animal. :D

Same with me. I have had several cats even though I am a furry wolf. And in the same light I don't think I would get along very well with real wolves.  :o
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 07:59:26 pm »
whenever i see a lion or a depiction of a lion i'm transfixed for a brief moment... sometimes if the depiction is of good quality, i stick around and have a good look at it. living in england, there are quite a lot of lion statues and pictures of lions knocking around (apparently, i found out, these lion symbols are derived from Richard the Lion-Heart).

recently it's spread to almost all animal depictions.

and in terms of other furries, it's always nice to meet and greet another lion. not that it's not nice to meet other furries... and i meet a lot of lions being kinda involved in the lion king forums that're knocking about.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:02:30 pm by josh down »
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 07:03:30 pm »
Today, I was guilt into going to dig up raspberry bushes at a family friend's house.  Nobody expected me to do anything, but I went anyway, because I felt bad for not going.

Anyway, These people have cats.  My fursona is a shroud, but he's pretty much taking the form of Tux-Cat all the time, and one of the cats, 8-ball, happens to be a tux cat.  I was quite transfixed..  Very much enjoying his company.  So I sat there on the floor with him, and just pet him, scritched him, totally ignoring everything else going on around me  :)

Offline Rift

• color will be added soon :)
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 04:17:37 pm »
Not really, but maybe because I'm new to the aspect. Imus say I have out of reaction introduced myself as Rift to people before though. I really act anyway and just correct or live withthe response, whaever it might be. I wouldn't say I act like an animal though, lol that would be a little wierd. Even for me.
Got a PS3, do u play games like Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty: Black Ops? add me (ID- Jaymeric) =D

Offline Cakez the Husky

• Cakez the Husky
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 02:12:16 pm »
Zhono Veranhaut...Your lucky >.< I have a friend that also got to pet a fox...well it was a wolf. She said it was so cool and nice and she saw it two time :3 she gave it a necklace and named it princess X3. I was jealous.

But ya. When i go over to someones house i LOVE their dog or cat! Just love it. Here's a story Woohoo! I was asked to dog sit my favorite dog. A collie named Sandy. She is the sweetest she was jusr groomed and have the cutest little purple bow on. So as soon as she opened the door and i came i jsut sat right their and pet her >.< i forgot to say hi to her (the owner oops). I realised what i did and got up off the floor and said hi and said sorry. She didnt mind though Sandy was very happy to see me. <3

I did it all on accident to. :3 uncontrolable rawr! :3
Cakez the Husky!
A very loving Husky! <3

Offline James Moon

• Chesapeake Bay Retriever
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 03:33:14 pm »
Looking back now I have kinda had a way with dogs. I point in my childhood that is standing out right now was when I was over at a house and they happen to be watching someones dog. They went through this big deal in telling me that this is a guard dog and has to stay locked in the kitchen, I was not to go in there for anyreason because he would attack me. Well long story short he got out and ran up to me licked me, rolled over so I could pat him XDDD My friend came over freaking out at tried to pull him away and he got mad  :goldbloody:
PSN =  drakemoon (Add me)

FC2a H W Sm RLRB a cn++ f-- i++ j+++ p-- sm--

Offline Foshling

• Until the end of my stomach's capacity!
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 04:42:39 pm »
Reactions? Female animals (mainly) always nice and calm or exited around me.

For example: I went into my mum's chook pen.As soon as I go in, im surrounded by all the hens (no roosters are there). To my surprise they dont even run, and I can pat them! they just sit there clucking around my feet!
I just generally get along with them better too. I get bulldosed, barked at and bitten (lightly) by my dog and others which are male constantly, and when it comes to others (females)< they just lie at my feet and want a pat.
Im not sure if this isnt just the nature of these animals but it seems to have a common link with me.
Strengths:
Very loyal
soft heart
trys to have conversations

weaknesses:
Very loyal
soft heart
trys to have conversations

Offline Rift

• color will be added soon :)
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 10:02:05 am »
I feel my answer is the same as everyone elses... yes :). I can't really explain it but some times an animal mindset might slip into my actions once in awhile
Got a PS3, do u play games like Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty: Black Ops? add me (ID- Jaymeric) =D

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2010, 02:37:53 pm »
Last night, I did what came naturally to a cat/shroud 8).

So there I was, in the IRC, typing about something or other, and I see a brown splotch run out from under my desk.  I look over, low and behold, it was a mouse!  How long had he been there?  How did he get there?  I don't know! 

Occasionally, he would come out in the open, (he was hiding under a table), and whenever he did, he would be quick to notice that I saw him, and run back away.  Eventually, I cornered it, and put an empty trash bin over him, put a sheet of paper under, and flipped it over.  After, I walked across the street, and let him out at the park.  It was a catch and release that night  ;)!

Offline leathefurrylion

• was that a mouse!?
  • Female
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:22 am »
i tend to chase small animals if they run from me, and my dogs dont beg from me, i growl at them if they do cuz i react like a lion to spotting a hyeinna trying to steal its food! not good for my poor puppys! (who i love the rest the time)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Pet's name: Kyra
[url=http://

Offline Siberian

• Nothing
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2010, 11:58:44 pm »
Wow I've had some experiences. First all little kids love me! I don't even know half of them and they just stare at me. Also I've had the weirdest experience. Me and my friend were walking when a German Shepard jumped the fence and came after us! As we were running my friend decided to trip and the dog ammediatly attacked him I did my best to try to get it away. My friend got up and ran but the dog didn't follow! I was puzzled at first it just sat and stared at me! I was wearing my collar I don't know if that's what it was staring at but I stared back! Finally it whined and trotted away it scared me at firt but then it kinda came part of my life. I already knew my furry was a husky but this is the day I confirmed it.

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:53 am »
I'll just have random moments where I feel the need to Howl, and other times where I just sit like a canid.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:29 am »
...I'm a complete animal lover, if it has fur I'll pet it.... and most animals i meet are ok with that, as for seeing a stuffed otter or whatever, I feel bad but the deed is done, as for some one poaching them... I would have a much larger problem with that.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Gigi

• Little Pink Goat
  • Female
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2011, 08:51:12 am »
I don't like canines unless they're the small yappy dogs or really big, really lax dogs. I don't like wolves, foxes, ect. I also don't like horses. I lean more to the tiny ungulates and find horses a bit arrogant.

I love cows, sheep, and, of course, goats. In Korea, some other exchange students and I got to feed goats. It's a lovely experience. I've also seemed to attract deer, which is basically the animal the resembles me the most after goats as well as my spirit animal. They don't immediately run when they see me, and I've had a wild buck approach me before. Not to mention one at a petting zoo tried to eat me. ._.'
My English isn't the best anymore. Sorry for any mistakes.

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2011, 07:39:51 pm »
I was falling asleep in history class
Then i woke up when they started talking about fur trade
For some reason I took it as slavery! :D
Furrs are people too!
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2011, 09:09:55 pm »
I really love animals, and as far as I've seen so far, they love me back. I do tend to pay a bit more attention to the animals around me than people though, which irritates my mate to no small extent when we're trying to watch movies or talk.

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2011, 11:28:29 pm »
I always try to make friends with animals. It has served me well, I have gotten jobs because of it! :) I have been told if I didn't react well to the shop animals, that would have been an automatic reason to not offer me the job. On one occasion, I did not get the job, I did not have the right experience they were looking for. They had to debate because the dogs and the shop cat really liked me. :D

When I was working in neighborhoods, I had several dog and cat friends. Working in the same places doing maintenance gave me the chance to see some of them several times a year. It would make my day when they would approach with caution, catch a whiff and start acting friendly. 8)
I have also been known to yip at the coyotes out in the desert. A few well placed calls can get the clans to speak out. :goldhowl:

As far as other furries, I have yet to meet any of our 2 legged cousins in person. I really hope to change that in the next year!
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline StarCollie

• Female
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2011, 05:55:40 pm »
Yes I do!

I live around half a mile or so to a sheep farm and everytime I walk by it with my shetland puppy I bark at the sheep and have the urge to "herd" them.

Plus growling at my shetland when playing tug o' war and looks entrigued when an animal walks by our house.

~Star Collie
"...SQUIRREL..... anyway..."

~Star Collie

Offline knightpazz

• what's a tummy :/
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:11 am »
We don't hate you. When I deliver the newpapers I have dogs come up near the fence and start barking at me, I sometimes feel like I want to bark right back at them and I do but other times I don't since I see folks outside and if they look at me weird then I have no clue what they would say to me so I don't do it when they are out, Even though I'm a wolf so I have no clue unless they smell a cat on me since I'm up against my cat when I'm out at my mother's place over the weekend. I cheer for all the animals I see on TV.
I know what you mean in the summer I do a little flyer delivering and the same thing happens its a dog type thing I think

If penguins had knees the world would be doomed

Offline Mistytail

• tree powers, activate!!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »
Strangely enough, I don't have any special reactions to animals, though I first investigate how friendly cats are. If they don't want to be petted or anything, I leave them alone and let them come to me (though, they usually like me a lot, for some reason, especially considering I own two dogs and always smell like them). It bothers me when people try to play with cats that obviously have no interest in them. And seeing people hoard cats just breaks my heart.

I do act like a cat though. A lot. I knead people with my fingers if they let me hold them long enough, I purr, I meow, I make those screaming sounds they make when I get scared... I speak better Cat than English sometimes. My friends either think it's cute or annoying, one of those two XD They tend to find the purring cute though. Probably because I taught myself how to do it from my throat and not just make a noise. XD