Author Topic: Does anybody here continue to sleep with their plushies?  (Read 17035 times)

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
Re: Does anybody here continue to sleep with their plushies?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 05:47:18 am »
Acton my friend, I am aflame with jealousy.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 10:52:19 am »
Acton my friend, I am aflame with jealousy.

Does this mean you envy me?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:53:26 pm by Eddy »

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Newbie fursuiter :)
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:35 am »
When I was younger my dad got me a plushie tiger, I've had him for years-took it to primary school, took it out on family trips even when my family went on holdiday (I really loved that tiger.)
When I was 14 I found out my dad had lung cancer, then at 16 sadly he passed away from a combination of cancer and a clot in his brain.
I had stopped sleeping with my plushie tiger for a long time as I had lost it, but after my dad has passed it turned up on my pillow.
I asked all my family who put it there, but as far as they were concerned my tiger had been thrown away years ago.
Ever since then I have slept with my tiger beside my pillow as it reminds me of how much I loved and continue to love my dad :).
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:02:08 am by HeavenlyOdyssey »
It is not wolves that are devils but man, for it is he who has condemned the wolf and created demons where there were none.
Now because of mans prejudice, the sons of Loki shall never know peace, and their howls will forever echo their sadness.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 07:24:09 am »
When I was younger my dad got me a plushie tiger, I've had him for years-took it to primary school, took it out on family trips even when my family went on holdiday (I really loved that tiger.)
When I was 14 I found out my dad had lung cancer, then at 16 sadly he passed away from a combination of cancer and a clot in his brain.
I had stopped sleeping with my plushie tiger for a long time as I had lost it, but after my dad has passed it turned up on my pillow.
I asked all my family who put it there, but as far as they were concerned my tiger had been thrown away years ago.
Ever since then I have slept with my tiger beside my pillow as it reminds me of how much I loved and continue to love my dad :).

What a memory! I've even heard such a story that when my Mum, my aunts (her sisters), and my grandparents (their parents) were on a driving journey to Spain in the '60s, my Mum's teddy bear even had its own passport! So every time they reached passport control, that passport would've been presented as well as everybody else's!  :goldlaugh:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:25:10 am by Eddy »

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 07:31:59 am »
HeavenlyOdyssey, that is such a touching story!  I'm sad for your loss, but it's as if you have a part of him with you still :)
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 07:42:50 am »
HeavenlyOdyssey, that is such a touching story!  I'm sad for your loss, but it's as if you have a part of him with you still :)

In all honesty, I'm equally sympathetic on the account of your loss, HeavenlyOdyssey. I hope I didn't offend you earlier.

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 08:24:47 am »
Aww thank you all for your concern :).
It was a very hard part of my life but I know he's gone to the hall of his forefathers and is in the honour seat waiting for us all to meet him again.
It's just nice to have that link to him now he's gone, soppy I know lol.
Don't worry no offence was caused at all :)
It is not wolves that are devils but man, for it is he who has condemned the wolf and created demons where there were none.
Now because of mans prejudice, the sons of Loki shall never know peace, and their howls will forever echo their sadness.

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
    • http://choky.furtopia.org/
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:33 am »
and recently Bunnydog (purple plushie that looks like a dog/rabbit hybrid)
Oh please please please post pics! I wanna see it!!!

HeavenlyOdyssey,that is a most touching and amazing story...wow. Sorry for your loss too :(

I have quite a few plushies,and yes I sleep with one at bedtime. Its in the SECOND picture here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hybridchoky/5002052372/ I need to take a better pic where you can see better,but basicly just think brown and white bunny with a black and silver cat collar. I love the bunny in the first pic too but its not the one I sleep with,it was just for the photoshoot,normally its away in the closet with another rabbit plushie I have.
Dude,where my Furryness?
424 passed games on N64,PSX,DC,XB,PS2,GC & X360.(Last updated on 29/09/13)

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 10:28:23 am »
Thank you for your kind words Choky  :) they are very appreciated.

Offline Kiska Nirpaw

• GO STEELERS!
  • Female
    • FA
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 10:33:19 am »

Here's the whole group (minus the husky that stays in our car and Big Husky.... because, well, she's very big... about 3' tall!):

L to R, top row: Random, Wolfie, Chibi Shiro, Chibi Kiska
Bottom: Blue, Not Sure (if you've seen Idiocracy, you'll get his name), Bunnydog, and another husky.

Bunnydog's stub tail

The two Chibi's cuddling, like they usually do.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 11:59:45 am »

Here's the whole group (minus the husky that stays in our car and Big Husky.... because, well, she's very big... about 3' tall!):

L to R, top row: Random, Wolfie, Chibi Shiro, Chibi Kiska
Bottom: Blue, Not Sure (if you've seen Idiocracy, you'll get his name), Bunnydog, and another husky.

Bunnydog's stub tail

The two Chibi's cuddling, like they usually do.

I love the huskies (especially the largest you've got!).

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 02:03:35 pm »
Aww the bunnydog is cute :) it actually made me doodle a picture inspired by your bunnydog plushie.
Hope you don't mind http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeylambcreations/

Offline Kiska Nirpaw

• GO STEELERS!
  • Female
    • FA
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 03:04:54 pm »
Aww the bunnydog is cute :) it actually made me doodle a picture inspired by your bunnydog plushie.
Hope you don't mind http://www.flickr.com/photos/honeylambcreations/

Oh I don't mind at all! That is too funny! My aunt got it for me a few years back for Easter since purple was one of my favorite colors and I love plushies.

BTW, you're plushie story was very touching. What a sweet memento to hold onto.

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 03:32:52 pm »
Thank you :) it's really lovely to have has so many concerned, I've been quite touched considering I'm literally a stranger.
I'm glad you liked it lol, I saw the plushie and it randomly popped into my head so I had to draw it :D

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 04:18:41 pm »
You know, I've never been a "plushie person" until I started making videos (read: "playing") with my puppets.  Now I like the idea of having something to hug.  Today (literally ten minutes ago) I bought a plush husky in the student union.  There was a "stuff-your-own-plush toy" booth up for valentines day, and I got a big husky for just $5 :)

To be honest, though, I felt a little weird--college guys aren't supposed to like plushies, right?--so I indirectly fibbed about who it was for.

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 06:32:09 pm »
Aww Landrav, there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of :) besides if people wanted to make fun of you there's a very simple saying I go by:
The only person who has the power to make you feel belittled is yourself for allowing it.
Embrace the whole of you, plushie lover and all :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 06:52:01 pm »
Does anybody here continue to sleep with their plushies?

Nope.  :P

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 07:12:44 pm »
Aww Landrav, there's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of :) besides if people wanted to make fun of you there's a very simple saying I go by:
The only person who has the power to make you feel belittled is yourself for allowing it.
Embrace the whole of you, plushie lover and all :)
Thanks :)  Maybe it just comes from growing up in an environment where traditional roles were strongly favored.  The furry fandom has done a lot to resuscitate what I think are natural aspects of my personality which got beat down in my past.  It has been a major stress relief, among other things.  For some reason you just can't stay high-strung when you're cuddling a soft puppy! :3

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 07:29:24 pm »

Nope.  :P

LIEZ! :D

Kiska,the bunnydog is awesome,hehe,so cute too! :) Thanks for posting pics,was totally worth it. Still no better pic of mine yet...caus Im lazy :-[

I started making videos (read: "playing") with my puppets.

Oh oh oh,check out mine,I guarantee you will at the very least smile ---> Linky!
Dude,where my Furryness?

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 07:42:06 pm »
Ha!  I laughed at that, Choky!  My mom did, too, though my brother put on his srs face :-|

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 09:06:58 pm »
Oh, and on another note, the fluffhusky seems to be fitting right in! :D

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46:34 am »
Choky that was a brilliant link, it's one of my favourite SK songs too :D
Quality metal songs + bunny = a win anytime lol.

Offline HeavenlyOdyssey

• Female
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2011, 03:14:21 pm »
Also since seeing the cute plushies here I thought I would post the link to my Tiger plushie :)
http://heavenlyodyssey.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d39mdm1

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 04:59:19 pm »

Nope.  :P

*Sighs* Oh, what a surprise (!).

Offline Choky

• Rare species
  • Male
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2011, 05:15:53 pm »
Landrav,fluffhusky is so cute,the other two are cute too but I think he outranks them just a tiny bit! Glad you liked the vid.

HeavenlyOdyssey,your tiger is squee-inducing,also love your new avatar icon :) Glad you liked the vid too :D

Also...finally took pics today... (:

Some links to other views:
Collar.
Cotton tail.
Good morning.
Another two I have but they stay in the closet:

Another link to another view:
Not much difference really.
Dude,where my Furryness?