Author Topic: Cecil's revision suit project!  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Bluetail

• Female
Cecil's revision suit project!
« on: June 29, 2004, 04:58:47 am »
(Edit: The site was down most of today (until noon EST) because of a power failure. A tree attacked the powerlines!)

Weeee~ll... here's what I'm doing.

I have an old, unfinished suit I started about three years ago. It was supposed to be a grey fox, white belly, black stripe on the back. Unfortunately, as it was hand sewn, it is very unstable. And ugly.

Thus far, I have a picture of the old head in there... I'll try to find the body once the sun actually rises.
http://69.137.234.99/project/revivalsuit/

So what am I going to do now? I'ma try and make this!

For the head, I'm thinking a variant of the old head would suffice... only this time, with a hollow nose/mouth! I want to be able to breathe. And I could stick a fan in there, too. I'm just not sure if the design idea in the drawing is overdone... I don't wish to inadvertantly copy anyone.

If all goes well, I can make the inner layer out of this purple nylon meshie fabric I found (like sports jersies are made out of) and overlay atop that. Hopefully I can scavenge pieces off of the old suit. I was actually quite happy with the chest!

Updates as it happens!

Offline Bluetail

• Female
Cecil's revision suit project!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 10:44:41 am »
Har~~umm...

I had a few thoughts. For the inside of the head, I want to do something comfy but have it with enough strength to hold form... I was thinking of doing something with the New/Nu Foam, basically thicker version of poly batting. A hollow head is beyond my abilities!

For eyes... suggestions? The best I came up with here sunglass lenses...