Author Topic: Mylo's Fursuit (WIP)  (Read 16499 times)

Offline Mylo

Mylo's Fursuit (WIP)
« on: April 21, 2012, 01:32:26 pm »
So it begins! :)

I'll just keep on adding to this thread as I move along in the construction process...  Before starting this thread I've managed to complete a handpaw and test body suit (not to mention various other "experiments" that only have to do with construction).  The fur came in already, so I'm definitely starting on working with that today.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:51:48 pm by Mylo »

Offline FelixTheFox

• Male
Re: Mylo's Fursuit (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »
Ooh the tension *bites nails* I hope your roommate doesn't get in your way of things
qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 06:40:31 pm »
Go Mylo! Go Mylo! ........
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 07:58:49 pm »
On a side note, fur gets EVERYWHERE!  x_x
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:52:12 pm by Mylo »

Offline Mylo

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »
I finished pinning it, and it fits according to the pattern; I'll be sewing it tomorrow as well as posting pictures :)

Also, for anyone that has a fursuit, what kind of zipper do you use?  I'm wondering which one has a stronger hold: metal or plastic, and what thickness to get, so I just want to see some of your opinions...

Offline Mylo

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:04:54 am »
Still researching about the zipper.

I've finished sewing the arms, the torso, and the outer seam of the right leg.  I wanted this suit to be very form fitting, and so far, I'm achieving that effect.  I still need to finish sewing the inner seam of the right leg, the left leg, and the bottom of the torso; then I want to go over the seams again.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:52:48 pm by Mylo »

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:13:53 pm »
looking great so far Mylo  :D
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:04:18 pm »
:D

I'm exciting to see it coming along!
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Mylo

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 12:30:48 pm »
I'm sorry to be off topic, but I found it funny that when I was ordering zippers today, Google's doodle today is for the inventor of the zipper. :D What a coincidence...

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 03:58:13 pm »
Nice work so far! 8) Can't wait for the rest. The fur does get everywhere, my living room looked like animals were fighting, and they both lost! :D
I cheated on my zipper, had a large duffel bag that was damaged when new. The pack rat that I am, I did not throw it out. After 6 years, I found my use! It's plastic, large lugs, and was plenty long.
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Mylo

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 07:07:11 pm »
I finished the entire upper half of the body today, zipper and all! :) It fits snugly.  Looking at the picture, I can see that the side seam is still quite visible, but this is because I haven't taken the time to fluff up the fur in that area...it got caught in the stitching.  I'll probably work on it again tonight.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:53:19 pm by Mylo »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 07:16:46 pm »
Looking good so far. ;) When can I expect to see you at AC this year wearing it?  :D  :D

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 09:52:37 pm »
I finished the entire upper half of the body today, zipper and all! :) It fits snugly.  Looking at the picture, I can see that the side seam is still quite visible, but this is because I haven't taken the time to fluff up the fur in that area...it got caught in the stitching.  I'll probably work on it again tonight.  

Picture of me!  :D

Looking good Mylo! Good luck on this, this is exciting! I have yet to go fullsuit, myself. I was going to be suffice with just a partial, lol.
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 02:27:08 am »
It looks really cool so far. I wanna touch it! :D I can't wait till you finish, as I am sure you can't wait either. ;)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 03:23:03 am »
Unfortunately, humans are nosy, judgmental creature. Im sorry this happened to you. there are a lot of things I would rather do in alone. I dont care what others think about me, but I get so self-conscience about it if someone is gawking at me. I hope you can still do this privately, and these people were just some randoms and wont bother you again. But as I said before, humans are nosy to a fault. They need to mind their own business and not intrude on others activities.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2012, 06:10:25 am »
Yeah, I agree with Jet. But hopefully nothing like that wont happen again o.o; that did seem a little scary. By the way >w< the suit is looking very nice so far =3 you're doing such a good job on it! So, go you!

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2012, 07:18:03 am »
People are jerks.  Next time they show up rattling the door, call the cops.  Its harassment and a misdemeanor in most states.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 09:10:23 am »
No matter what people do in life or where they go, Others will always find out in one way or another life's little secrets and other activities. ;) As an old saying kinda goes: "You can't keep anything secret forever".

No matter where you constructed the fursuit or how secret you wanted to keep it, Somebody will eventually find out. It was just a matter of time. All you can do now is just ignore whatever people say or do and just continue with your construction. If somebody does ask, then try telling them you're building a costume for somebody else, or that you're making your next Halloween costume for later this year.

Offline Grizztof Grünwald

• Yay!
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 11:02:56 am »
Sorry, Mylo. I've had a few oops moments, but nothing like that. When Someone I knew "caught" me bowling with my tailed friends and met us outside, I was dying inside, but acted nonchalant about it. I answered some questions, deflected others, and threw in just enough snarkiness to counteract any superiority I sensed he was feeling for being the "normal" one. After that, he, his friend, me, and my friends just went on hanging out outside the alley for a bit.
Twitter: @grizztof
FA user: grizztof
Youtube channel: grizztof

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2012, 12:22:37 pm »
When it comes to things like this, I really can't bring myself to care. This is a hobby of mine, and why do I want to be friends with people who are only going to mock me for it?

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »
I agree with Kobuk. If they ask, your making a halloween costume for a friend. Or maybe you were hired to make a mascot costume for a school somewhere. Possibly a mascot for a friend to use as a birthday thing, like how people hire clowns for their kids birthdays, its like that but they are fursuiters that are hired to act like big stuffed animals for the kids birthdays. Either way, just continue the suit and Im sorry this had to happen to you. I have a small question though. Do you keep the suit in a box in the studio, or do you keep it in a box in your living area? I'm just wondering, there's really no reason other than my curiosity.

PLUR

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »
Aww, I'm sorry Mylo. It's all right though.  Tell them you make about 1000 dollars a suit or more and you do them on the side. They may leave you alone once they hear how much you get paid, regardless of what they think. They might ask you then to make them one, who knows. I'd say, ignore people. You might win some people over through curiosity if they aren't still making fun of you. If you do keep working in the same place, they might come back and watch, but treat them like curious animals or something and just go about your business. Don't let them cause you fear or embarrassment.

I would tell them what they wanted to know or needed to know if it was a question that was uncessary for an unintended encounter. "I'm making a costume for Rens fest, Comic-Con, costume contest, charity." Shoot, make up a story about a sick kid or sorts and maybe they'll console and leave you alone then. Either way, keep at it and don't let people by their definition keep you from completing what you do.

Frankly, I'd say keep working in the same location. If you are in the dorm and on the property and its free for all students and you have a right to be there. They don't have any right to get you kicked out or anything and no choirs are practicing in there. I'd say stay there for the sake you mentioned. If it gives you room and you clean up after yourself so nobody knows you were ever there, I don't see why not stay there. I haven't had this happen to me before, but I wouldn't let it screw me over for a good place to work, lol.

I don't know why they'd laugh. if someone can't tell you're wearing a costume, then they must be dumber than a doorknob XD It might help them go away if they knew what they were too dumb to figure out. You ARE making a costume and you were trying it on. :D

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 12:15:59 am »
LOL, right, that is awkward. You'd think people would have to be studying or something. Not bothering some guy making his costume in the music room, lol. Weird people. You are DEFINATELY NOT the weird one in this encounter, lol. You never were , lol!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 02:43:39 am »
The entire body suit is pretty much done (aside from plucking out fur from the seems and restitching some high-stress parts).

I'm probably going to go at the handpaws this weekend, followed by either the foot paws or the head. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 08:54:11 pm by Mylo »

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2012, 02:49:47 am »
It looks really great so far. When I get a suit I would need it to be tight fitting as well, as I plan to glowstring in it. Baggy clothes only get in the way of that. But the fur looks really nice. I cant wait to see the head though. Thats my favorite part! :D

PLUR