Author Topic: What to do and what NOT to do  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Magna

• Female
What to do and what NOT to do
« on: July 08, 2012, 12:07:54 am »
I'm hopefully (really hopefully) going to commissioning a fursuit in the next month or so, and I was wondering how many of you have experience suiting, and what you would recommend and not recommend doing. Where not to go suiting, what not to wear, what type of setting to avoid, how not to store or care for a suit. Any ideas about what would be fun to do would be awesome as well. I've seen a few pages on care and whatnot, but nothing is substitute for experience, in my opinion.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: What to do and what NOT to do
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:08:21 pm »
Having a spotter/handler to go with you when making public appearances is always a good idea. A spotter can help with getting in/out of a suit, navigating through crowds, carrying hydration gear/bottled water, and setting up photo-ops. Should there be legal issues, the spotter can be a witness in your corner. (Example: "Officer, that wolf made lewd comments to me.") Always maintain a G/PG-rated fursona when in public.

Do not hold an infant or offer to do so. You cannot feel the infant with padded paws and may accidentally drop it.

When being photographed with a child, drop to one knee if possible. This will make it easier for the parent to take the photo.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)