Author Topic: SnowBunny the TaunTaun COMPLETE  (Read 5948 times)

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
SnowBunny the TaunTaun COMPLETE
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:00:19 pm »
I'm making a female Tauntaun for Comic con in my area next year, so this is what I have so far. Most likely, it will not stay looking exactly like this for too much longer. I'll have A LOT of time to change things. I have about six months or so until next year's con. Also, some anime cons will be attended with this dame. I figured there needs to be a female tauntaun for the males to hit on. If she'll have them. She's kind of evasive of such things. She likes to watch the guys trip over themselves for her.

This is about three days of work, most of it done last night starting at 8pm into 3 am and some today at 1 pm to 4:30 pm.

I hope I will have the money to do a fullsuit. I really want to try my hand at digitigrade legs. Walking around in a digitigrade fullsuit would be a dream come true! If not, a partial with digilegs will suffice. It's the legs and the tail I like the most on these suits. Besides the heads, lol. IGNORE THE DATE! THE CAMERA IS CRAZY WRONG! As much as I want some of the latest game releases, I think it to be wise to put money back for fur. Fur is by far, more expensive than any games I could buy.

VIDEO!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPkaMIf_Bo&list=UUekgVP9JeMnN2wARluRdmrQ&index=1&feature=plcp
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:27:45 am by She-King »
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Re: SnowBunny the TaunTaun Fursuit WIP
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:45:33 pm »
Will this one smell bad on the inside as well?  :o  (bad joke, I knows :P )

It looks good so far, you know, being a WIP and all. Also, I don't know why people liked Taun Tauns so much from that franchise. Personally, those creatures didn't appeal to me so much. I predict this will look awesome though when it's done. :)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline kuroneko jusan

• As my name suggests, I'm a bit of a Jynx...
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:37:51 pm »
First let me say, WOW :o , I really admire your work. 

On the subject of digitigrade legs, I've really been coveting this build I saw on instructables, I know I've mentioned it elsewhere on the forum, but here's the link again 'caus it's been a few months.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Werewolf-Stilts-digitigrade-legs/

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 11:21:38 pm »
Will this one smell bad on the inside as well?  :o  (bad joke, I knows :P )

It looks good so far, you know, being a WIP and all. Also, I don't know why people liked Taun Tauns so much from that franchise. Personally, those creatures didn't appeal to me so much. I predict this will look awesome though when it's done. :)

Actually, she does have a strong odor on the inside. It's quite the trip when you're inhaling fresh hot glue fumes and foam fumes, lol! :P I guess Tauntauns were easily placed with the original starwars movies when they first came out. They were one of the few creatures a lot of people remembered or could recognize, I suppose. They kind of represented the saga itself in a way, yeah, there are a lot of jokes about them, lol! I like them, personally, and it's kind of a fun thought when people think. "....Is that...A tauntaun?!" I want to be THAT tauntaun, lol! It's not a common sight in the fursuiting world, either. I know of two Tauntauns, which are both made by the same guy named Wookie on Furaffinity. I wanted to make the first female tauners in hopes to go down in history. To some extent, anyway. Sorry for the long reply, I talk a lot, lol.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:49:39 am »
Actually, she does have a strong odor on the inside. It's quite the trip when you're inhaling fresh hot glue fumes and foam fumes, lol! :P I guess Tauntauns were easily placed with the original starwars movies when they first came out. They were one of the few creatures a lot of people remembered or could recognize, I suppose. They kind of represented the saga itself in a way, yeah, there are a lot of jokes about them, lol! I like them, personally, and it's kind of a fun thought when people think. "....Is that...A tauntaun?!" I want to be THAT tauntaun, lol! It's not a common sight in the fursuiting world, either. I know of two Tauntauns, which are both made by the same guy named Wookie on Furaffinity. I wanted to make the first female tauners in hopes to go down in history. To some extent, anyway. Sorry for the long reply, I talk a lot, lol.
No probs, I tend to talk a lot too.  :-[  And I only remember I think one tauntaun in the fandom, probably made by the guy you're talking about. I can't wait to see this done, too.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:50:18 am »
No probs, I tend to talk a lot too.  :-[  And I only remember I think one tauntaun in the fandom, probably made by the guy you're talking about. I can't wait to see this done, too.

Yeah, there is just one, it's of the same character. I said two because there are two physical suits in existence, lol. I thought he would need a female companion, though. Also, everybody loves a tauntaun at a comic-con and its an excuse to suit up, lol!

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 04:11:37 pm »
More progress on the mask as of last night at 11 pm to 4 am this morning!

Horns have been brought up around to the nostrils and the ears have been made smaller. Still fleshing everything out, but the chin will dip more, the brow ridge is being layered up, the curved neck technique I'm working on might have a new feature.

I'm going to look for a neck pillow to add to the more natural shape of an encompassing mane around the taun-tauns neck and for a 3D effect. It might make the mask hotter though, so I'll see how hot it gets when it's not furred.

I'm going to be using 3 inch long pile fur with this mask so we'll see how bad it might get. To counter act the heat, The interior of the mask is quite roomy, with four nostrils, that tauntaun's have, so I'll be installing a fan to pull the hot air out of the mask. So it might be possible to stay cooler than my last mask.

VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX-KJVZ1etY&list=UUekgVP9JeMnN2wARluRdmrQ&index=2&feature=plcp
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:14:59 pm by She-King »

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 11:27:27 pm »
First let me say, WOW :o , I really admire your work. 

On the subject of digitigrade legs, I've really been coveting this build I saw on instructables, I know I've mentioned it elsewhere on the forum, but here's the link again 'caus it's been a few months.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Werewolf-Stilts-digitigrade-legs/

Tankies! OH, yeah, I've seen those before! Those are neat, but I don't have the supplies to make them, lol! I don't think I would need stilts though for this costume. Tauntauns are kinda tall, but for a fullsuit, I don't need to be that tall, lol. Thanks for the link, I saved it for future reference. But I do favor the digitigrade legs, the tail, and the head the  most on fursuits and making them as believable as possible.

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 05:30:17 pm »
More updates! Yahoo!  The pictures were taken after I made the video so some things are different for the better. After watching the vid, certian things like the eyelashes and the head rib-technique needed to go. I'm trying to figure out a more consistent technique, but I mean, I've only made three masks and only one has been completely fleshed out from start to finish. So, I'm struggling with how it might look. I have no money for fur. Plenty of foam, though. I yearn for a regular income of money, though, so I can afford fur. ONe day. I hate waiting. Its so painful when I want to see if I'm actually good at this fursuit thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mySZqW_CLTg&list=UUekgVP9JeMnN2wARluRdmrQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 12:46:12 am »
Well, this mask has taken a turn for the worse. Whatever is wrong with it, now, I hate it and I don't know what to do to fix it. I'm running through some options and I'm not liking the work that's going to have to go into fixing it. Getting really tired of fixing this stupid thing and I find out I STILL need to fix it YET AGAIN because something is still wrong. I want a final product I'm happy with and I want to make sure I'm happy with it when I do fur it.

One astute observation I have made and I kinda knew when I first put the eyes in. The muzzle is too short and the eyes are unnaturally high. I should be able to see out of my own eyes, not tearducts. It's more apparent, now, that I've somehow built the mask out of porportion to my own face. I don't even know how that happened. Probably by not using a real balaclava with set eye holes and using a balaclava that just pulls over my head with a great big opening for my face. The one's I have been using were free, but I've been having extreme problems navigating my heads and their layout because these balaclavas are just cheap pieces of crap.

Should I just flat out, tear the eyes out, lengthen the muzzle, bring the ears down and make the mask the way its supposed to be? It will take some work and some tampering, but I think that's my over all problem. I want to build this mask right, unlike my first mask. This is my third mask, but the second one to be finished, if I can get the money to finish her.

I know I made this video asking for advice on my eyes, but should I just tear out the eyes, again, and reconfigure the mask to where I can actually see out of the eye holes? I'm not happy with how it looks anymore and I think I should get to work fixing it. I want to to do this right and I want to make sure I KNOW how to do it right, if I want to start taking commissions I don't want to be screwing up like this on someone else's mask! Overall, I see how other people do their heads and I want to be proud and pleased with my work. Not anxious, and begrudged about how it looks. I plan to go to cons with this thing and when I look at pictures, I want to be happy about how the suit came together, not displeased.

Any tips and advice on my observation or what I can do to get this mask back on track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h0eBa-B3egE
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 01:07:24 am by She-King »

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 12:37:57 am »
Thanks to positive feedback from the Fursuit community on live journal, I will leave leave the eyes as is, I think. A majority of people say they look fine so I'll go with what they say and worry about the next pair of eyes on the next suit. Here's another video with a few minor updates. I buffed up the brow ridge a bit, fleshed out the horn to your left. Finally found a piece of foam that would do the job so both horns are pretty even now in thickness.

I'm pleased with my head shape now. I think, the problem was, I had cut the browline down too far so it made the whole head look weird, but now, that I see it in motion on film from the side and all around, it looks better and I think that was what was throwing me into a panic loop.

VIDEO WITH SOME ENCOURAGEMENT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrdr_fScALg

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 04:04:06 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUekgVP9JeMnN2wARluRdmrQ&v=ctKdgE-KRi4&feature=player_detailpage

I think I might buff up the brow ridge...yet again. I really liked the profile I had when I first started building the mask, but when the eyes didn't work out everything about the head changed and I liked what I had before this. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit to keep tweaking with stuff and I should have stopped and been happy. Anyways, I'm learning when to stop if I really like something. Anyways, I think I'll call this final for now, buff up the brow ridge, and create little spikes on the top of the tauntaun's head.

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 01:55:49 pm »
I don't have any advice on the shaping of a TaunTauns head, but keep it up! It's looking like it's ready to fur. There is a time where you will just need to stop worrying on small details, it will drive you crazy. Small details tend to get hidden in the fur itself. Extra touch ups can happen when you start the furring process.  :)
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »
I don't have any advice on the shaping of a TaunTauns head, but keep it up! It's looking like it's ready to fur. There is a time where you will just need to stop worrying on small details, it will drive you crazy. Small details tend to get hidden in the fur itself. Extra touch ups can happen when you start the furring process.  :)

Yeah, I think you're right about that, lol.

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 06:30:06 pm »
This is my fursuit prop. A Gender-Bend of Hon Solo. Her name is Hana and she'll be wearing the basic costume of Hoth Solo. I just don't know how intricate I'm getting with the outfit, but At least, at first glance, to the persnickity fans of starwars, it will look like it's supposed to. Today I cut off some bunny ears and glued them to the hood, as you can see, to make the fur parka look more like a parka. The buttons are a delimma, but I think I might leave them. Not much more I can do with them and they hold the coat together. I could install velcro, though, actually. I've never messed with that before. Anywho, enjoy! More to come from this little gal!

She'll be riding me around as a functional backpack and I'll have a bridal and a saddle for her to hold to and to sit in. It will be most...cute. 83 :) :) (:

Wire will be installed in her legs to make her posable for the saddle pose. She'll have her wee wittle boots in the stirrups. It will also be most...cute. (: (: (:

Offline Kitsune the Wolfdog

• Female
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 12:53:45 am »
That is so adorable!

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 10:31:40 pm »

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2012, 11:51:57 pm »

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 06:49:16 pm »
I've got the upper body finished and the hands. Next to come are claws, legs, feet, tail, and the head and horns. I think, if I can work on her consistently, she should be completely done before the month is over.

http://youtu.be/h3DuFM-fBb0

Offline Kitsune the Wolfdog

• Female
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 09:39:00 pm »
Looking awesome! Sure wish I was that motivated.
I've barely gotten anything done with mine, but SnowBunny is looking great.
Can't wait to see the finished suit.

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 03:59:05 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIjBGo8z1r4&list=UUekgVP9JeMnN2wARluRdmrQ&index=1

Ears and the rest of the cape need to be sewn together and or glued to the horns. Next are her legs and her feet. Still debating on which pair of shoes to use for her feet. I'm going for a smaller kind of foot because it makes the digi legs look more natural, I've noticed. Might take me a while to where I'm happy, I'm very picky. All though, since this is my first suit, I might take the liberty of just letting it happen like it happens, instead of being too picky about it. It will be easier on my nerves.

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 04:27:28 am »
SnowBunny Complete! This is her debuting 3/16/13 at Naka-Kon 2013! Got  a lot of compliments and I mean A LOT!

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
Re: SnowBunny the TaunTaun COMPLETE
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 04:43:21 am »
WOW =D She is SO awesome, very good job on finishing her >w<! I bet'cha got a lot of awesome sayings indeed. And wow, I bet you had so much fun at Naka ;-; ...!! So lucky lol.

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: SnowBunny the TaunTaun COMPLETE
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 08:43:17 am »
Great work! :) More pictures, please!