Author Topic: Getting Carried Away ;) taking your plush publicly  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
Getting Carried Away ;) taking your plush publicly
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:27:47 pm »
I always carry a small Hello Kitty plush at all times in my back pack. I do have fun with people  taking my 18in, 26in, or 32in Hello Kitty plushie to conventions, and do  try to get pictures  with famous people holding her.

So far I have Richard Hatch  (Battle Star Glaticia ) SF authors David D. Levine and Willam F Noland  (Logan's Run)

I have a reputation as the guy with the big Hello Kitty plush . Sometimes after or before a convention I may take Kitty into the restaurant with me or grocery shopping to bring a smile to people  (because of my last car breaking I can leave her in the truck if too big to lock up or do not want to drive  home first).

Anybody else publicly carries their plushe.

Offline Natura Wolf

Re: Getting Carried Away ;) taking your plush publicly
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:43 pm »
Not really unless special events like red nose day, I carried by doggie with me everywhere ^^

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »
Ours would probably get stolen if we did. Otherwise we would. When we were little, though, we would always carry one of our plush snakes everywhere with us.  :D

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:52:45 am »
I'm 22 going on 23 this may and I, in some form or another, in fursuit, the fursuit itself, or a backpack or small plush, manage to pack around a plush toy.

I have aspergers so, after all these years of wondering why I couldn't seem to NOT do this, but I HAD to or so it felt like it, I realize its part of my autism and it makes me feel secure. I did get self conscious about it many-a-times, but I've heard people say it's not really anything to be ashamed of. Plus, I'm a girl and I'm more likely to get away with  it than a guy, lol. So, I see nothing wrong with it. Everybody has some weird quirk they do and they cannot point fingers without being a hypo.

My mom keeps a leopard-print frog Valentine plush in her truck and calls him "Froggie." He bounces around in the backseat and gets squished or shoved in the floor when we pack stuff in the back of the cab. She also has a monkey hanging from her emergency handle thing you have above your car doors.

I've tried to conceal or insure the safety of my plushes by turning animals I like into functional backpacks, so I can pack them everywhere and get compliments on my artistic abilities XD. Just to make sure I'm not some panzy that still has to have a stuffed animal.  ;)

Getting into fursuits is actually quite hilarious, on my part. Its a giant stuffed animal I wear and I AM my plushes I carry around. I've made several heads and one complete fullsuit and I'm always asking if I can wear them someplace XD. Possibly to the point it weirds people out, but I made them and I want them to see the light of day. It's abuse to keep them in a box all the time with no sunlight! ;)

I'm proud of them so much! Usually, when packing them, I have the head of the animal in my lap, while the body or partial is stashed someplace in a bag in the vehicle I'm in. I hug the head, talk to it, brush the fur, admire my work, whatever. It's...just what I do. (Shrugs)
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Offline Binx

• Friendly Neighborhood Cat
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 01:58:13 pm »
Well, frankly yes. I am at work right now just kinda passing time...Shhhh!  ;) And I have my fat overstuffed bear sitting in the chair next to me. hahah But I mean I have my own office so noone goes in there, but regardless I'd still have Mr.Plush with me in a backpack or something.
"Life, Liberty and The Fursuit of Happiness."

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 02:39:33 pm »
It's not really publicly, but I do take my wolf on road trips with me. I also bring my pillow XP They're so comfortable, I have a hard time sleeping without them.

Oh and I have a small white unicorn and lab puppy both with velcro paws which are around my gear shift. And I have a little family of rubber duckies sitting in my window in my truck.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:41:47 pm by Aakosir »
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 06:19:23 pm »
I had to take a ginormous* Hello Kitty plush through town late one night. I'd won it at an arcade and had to piggyback it because I had nowhere to stuff it. I don't wanna make a habit of it because I don't wanna get mugged off for it. :(

*I looked it up. It's a word. Scatman Crothers invented it apparently. Weird, right?

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36:21 pm »
I had to take a ginormous* Hello Kitty plush through town late one night. I'd won it at an arcade and had to piggyback it because I had nowhere to stuff it. I don't wanna make a habit of it because I don't wanna get mugged off for it. :(

*I looked it up. It's a word. Scatman Crothers invented it apparently. Weird, right?

I hear where you coming, when I take my ginormous Hello Kitty or Choco cat plus to local conventions, I take them everywhere  because my truck was broken last year and my giant Hello Kitty plush stolen. I take her into restaurants to people's amusement.