Author Topic: Having Under Armour help?  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
Having Under Armour help?
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:16:08 am »
Don't know where this should go :P I kinda tried to search for this on here, but didn't see anything with the little I looked; oh well.

I was looking into some under armour on Amazon because I heard that that's the best thing to get if you're going to be wearing a fursuit for a while, right? Does it matter what kind of under armour? O.o; I mean, what would the difference be from getting a t-shirt or a longsleeved one? Oh, and would it be even worth it to buy under armour shorts or whatever?

I wanna know what you guys think about this? Especially if you wear under armour at all xD or know someone who does. I've heard just a little bit about it that it's suppose to keep you a bit cooler and keep sweat off, yea? I don't want to keep wearing a tank-top and the shorts that I have xD if this is really worth it lol. Hope I'm asking the right thing here o-o;; and that it isn't answered somewhere else x_x; with the same thing. (Plus, it's too early right now (4:16am) I should sleep soon)

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
Re: Having Under Armour help?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:10 am »
It's essentially the same trick that boyscouts use whenever they go hiking and wear two pairs of socks- they wear a pair of thin nylon socks to wick away sweat, so that it makes their denser wool outter socks more comfortable to wear for longer periods of time. I can imagen something like this in a fursuit being usefull, but I'm not too teribbly sure as to what extent (as I have never worn a fursuit).
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:30:40 am »
It's all personal preference on what a fursuiter wears under their fursuit. Under Armor is preferable, but if you don't have it or can't afford it, etc., then you could wear a lycra diveskin, a unitard, tshirt & shorts, or something else of your choosing.

Offline She-King

• Human in a suit
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 03:33:28 pm »
Make sure you read the description for the under armor. Some is for winter and some is for intense work out. Learn the difference between COLDgear and HEATGear or WARMgear or whatever the other stuff is XD. Just make sure you buy the right kind for being hot and sweaty and NOT in the COLD if you're going to order online.
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:04 pm »
Ooh? A lycra divesuit or unitard huhm? I guess I can also look into those and see what's best there and then double check with the under armour. Thanks for more ideas lol

xD Ah, I didn't know there were different kinds like that lol. I guess that if I do end up getting something, I'll have to make sure what it's for.

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 10:39:27 am »
A lycra diveskin is like a thin undersuit that divers wear under their outer wetsuit. A sample link is here:
http://www.divers-supply.com/Sea-Elite-Sport-Lycra-Skin-P1228.aspx

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »
Thanks for the link, I see I see. They could all be around the same price then.

Also...I guess I'm kind of wondering about the face as well, I'm gonna look this up later, but why not ask now as well?
Does a blacava xD or whatever their called, act about the same as keeping your face cool and keeping sweat in place? I've not really heard anything about those. Or, if there was something else as well that might work the same way? I dun think wearing a ski-mask would help very much xD it'd probably really make one over heat in seconds flat, neh?
I'm just trying to get my footing more with helping my fursuitingness out x3

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 07:22:12 pm »
I picked up a black Diveskin online from some Divers Supply place in Florida. These have no thermal properties and have an SPF 50 rating, but can seem rather undersized, so check customer comments and order accordingly. Using my own experience: I require a large but bought the 3X based on the comments posted, it fits well but answering nature's call could be a challenge.
The slick nature of the fabric allows your fursuit to glide over you without rubbing your skin raw.

A black union suit, if you can find one, also works if you don't plan to strip off your fursuit in a public place--or just wear a t-shirt and gym shorts to hide the button front and seat flap. Plus you don't have to worry about a shirt coming untucked as you move about. Jockey was selling black ones in women's sleepwear IIRC.

As for balaclavas. It's a must with certain fursuit heads, to keep face and scalp from irritation. They sell cotton ones on Ebay. There are cotton-blend ones in a number of colors at Sportman's Guide, also military surplus ones. They may have other items adaptable to fursuiting or cosplay.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 09:38:04 pm »
Ahh~ Thanks Rocket, that also helped :3! Always good to obtain a bit more information on things.

Or YouTube xD?