Author Topic: Plush fursuits.  (Read 13045 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Plush fursuits.
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »
For the last several months, I've been seeing an increase in what is termed as "plush fursuits". These are fursuits that kinda look like a really large oversized plushie with big feet, big paws, and/or other overly large sized attributes. What do members think of these types of suits? Like them? Hate them? Would you buy/wear one?
I can probably see a few "issues" with these types of suits:
* Oversized paws means little or no dexterity.
* Large quantities of padding in the suit which may make the suit hotter to wear.

Here's a sample pic:

Click for larger image.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Plush fursuits.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:59:45 pm »
Personally, I don't like them. I prefer realistic over toony or plushy suits. I would neither buy nor wear one. Although I can appriciate the "cute" factor, I prefer as realistic as possible in both suits and art.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 08:26:30 pm »
We personally like the toony ones, but not overly toony. The ones where there is a little realism in them are our faves. We don't actually own a suit yet, but we have plans for one later on. We wouldn't wear a plushy one, to be honest. It's probably even hotter in those than it is in the normal suits.  x_x  Like Loc said, we can appreciate the cuteness, but that isn't entirely for us.  ;)

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 01:14:49 am »
I've seen a few of those on YouTube. They could be just as cute as anything else lol. But really; that wouldn't be for myself to want to buy or wear one of those. I think it would be weird if you're trying to grab things or so lol and yeah, it does seem like it would be hotter with more foam in places. I like them though, they're not out of place or anything =p it's just not my preference if I were to pick that over a regular toony or something :P.

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline SPark

• Female
    • http://www.sparkcostumes.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 05:02:41 am »
I think they're fun.  I'd like the chance to try my hand at making one someday.

Offline Graywolf440

• Male
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 09:32:37 am »
We personally like the toony ones, but not overly toony. The ones where there is a little realism in them are our faves. We don't actually own a suit yet, but we have plans for one later on. We wouldn't wear a plushy one, to be honest. It's probably even hotter in those than it is in the normal suits.  x_x  Like Loc said, we can appreciate the cuteness, but that isn't entirely for us.  ;)

I'm with dodbringr on this one. I'm not a big fan of really realistic costumes or overly toony costumes. There's this balance between how toony and realistic a fursuit is that I like.

Offline Binx

• Friendly Neighborhood Cat
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 05:48:38 pm »
I don't particular like these suits. I like toony suits the best and realistic suits are really awesome too, but these just look "off" to me. They're kinda cute, but I would never get one. I bet they're really awkward to move in too.
"Life, Liberty and The Fursuit of Happiness."

Offline Mylo

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »
Looking at the picture, this suit doesn't really appeal to me. I like the more realistic fursuits.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
I think it's a cute look, but I'm also a fan of the more toony style in general. However, if I were to get my own suit, I'd probably go for more of the traditional toony style instead. I don't think I'd like the loss of dexterity with this kind (especially the hands).

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »
I know a couple of plush suiters.  To some of them, they enjoy the feel of being a stuffed animal and will role play as one, sitting in one place until 'played with.'

The lack of dexterity also appeals to stuck enthusiasts.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 11:52:21 pm »
I know a couple of plush suiters.  To some of them, they enjoy the feel of being a stuffed animal and will role play as one, sitting in one place until 'played with.'

The lack of dexterity also appeals to stuck enthusiasts.

Funny you should mention this. It was back in 2006 when I first got my fursuit. A friend from Ohio came up to visit me and helped be a handler for me while I suited in my city during Halloween. One idea we had, but never got a chance to do it, was to enter a retail store that sold mostly stuffed animals and other animal trinkets. I would have sat on the floor as still and quietly as I could pretending to be a stuffed animal, then wait till a customer came in to look at me and maybe "buy" me, then surprise them as I "came to life".  :D

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 07:17:35 am »

Funny you should mention this. It was back in 2006 when I first got my fursuit. A friend from Ohio came up to visit me and helped be a handler for me while I suited in my city during Halloween. One idea we had, but never got a chance to do it, was to enter a retail store that sold mostly stuffed animals and other animal trinkets. I would have sat on the floor as still and quietly as I could pretending to be a stuffed animal, then wait till a customer came in to look at me and maybe "buy" me, then surprise them as I "came to life".  :D

I think I've seen some Youtube videos where that was done.  One thing I want to do is go into a pet store in my quadsuit and test out the larger cat beds and maybe a scratching post.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Scarlegs

• Hey...Hey kid.....Wanna buy a dishwasher?
  • Female
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 12:07:53 am »
I wouldn't buy one because I'd trip every where, I've got bad balance as is XD
They are cute though!! :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:18:37 am by Scarlegs »
FF FFD3adm A+ C- D H++ M+ P++++ R- T+++ W Z- Z- Sf-- a- e- f++ h* i++ p++
Here is my DA http://scarlegs.deviantart.com/
#A38CF3 < Just a reminder!

Offline Earth Rio

• Female
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:34 pm »
To be honest, I've really got no opinion of them, but I have to get used to them. My newest fursuit will, in essence, be one of them, as it will be the Pokemon Nidoking (making for a cosplay at Q-Con this year), and I will need to stuff part of the gloves and feet.

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 03:02:03 pm »
Personally, I don't like them.

But personally, I love them!