Author Topic: would this be a bad idea?  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
would this be a bad idea?
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:02:26 am »
ok, keep in mind this idea came from one of my caffeine and coffee fueled all nighters
i was thinking of making an armor-like suit to go over my fursuit, but instead of just being armor i want to integrate speakers into it as well, play music....laugh track....rickrolling...
do you think people would get irritated at this? i was thinking of making it  my fursuits super hero (or villain) alter ego who will be named decibel or hertz, and making it a removable piece to go over the suit? opinions, advice, tips on executing this, everything is welcome
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: would this be a bad idea?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:43:02 am »
Yes, it might be a bad idea. But it depends on where you are playing the speakers, what's being played on the speakers, the volume of the content, and maybe a few other factors. If you do intend to go through with this, then whatever system you have, it'll need to be kept lightweight as you'll have speakers, power system, controls, framework for carrying everything, etc..

The main issue I see is the content being played and whatever volume you have. Depending on where you go, some people may or may not like hearing something that is "drowning out" whatever it is that someone else is doing. A prime example might be at conventions where panels, meetings, and other events are going on and it would be rude and disrespectful to disturb them.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 08:52:26 am »
oh trust me, i will have volume control on it as well as a full set of controls
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 09:31:37 am »
There's another issue to consider. You said your fursuit would be a full fursuit, correct?
By having armor/extra clothing over your fursuit, then adding your speaker system (which might have to be built on some type of harness system), then those extra items would count as "layers" added to your fursuit and would make you hotter. Almost anything added to a fursuit, either outside (clothing, props, etc.) or inside (padding) will make a person hotter.
And since your fursuit is made with a lot of black fur as described here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=45888.0
........then you'll be even more hotter. Black conducts heat and sunlight like a magnet.  x_x

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:30:02 pm »
true... I've been thinking that i will have to put in some form of cooling....

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 02:36:16 am »
anyone know anything about liquid cooling?

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 05:29:51 am »
Hmm, I was thinking about something like This for cooling, although ;O I hardly know things about anything lol... O.o

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 05:20:50 pm »
i've seen those, but i was just considering finding a electrically conductive liquid that has a decent cooling capacity (that isn't mercury)   x_x
then i could use it as a cooling system and cool the liquid with a heat sink and a peltier unit, cooling the suit and creating a circuit at the same time

Offline Nyeti

• the "frigglebiscuit" approves!
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 11:58:33 pm »
i had a friend who's mom worked at a little hobby shop,and she sold these little backpacks that had 5x9 speakers in the sides,with an amplifier inside with a aux in.the speakers were crap,but that could be fixed...maybe try somthing like that? i cant remember the names of them..
i really have a crazy thing for orange juice...and apples o.o

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 12:18:59 am »
possibly, but i have been fiddling with the idea of making it look like body armor, except with speakers where the padding would be, the most difficult thing would be finding a suitable fluid to carry current and creating a compact heatsink and amp