Author Topic: Foreign fursuits?  (Read 7152 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Foreign fursuits?
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:00:03 am »
How do fursuits made overseas compare to the fursuits made here in the U.S.? Are fursuits overseas made better or about the same as in the U.S.? What about quality and construction? Price ranges? What are some of your favorite styles of fursuits you've seen from France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, or other countries?

Offline Chiscringle

Re: Foreign fursuits?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 07:10:13 am »
Japan has some very interesting styles.  Their suits are often more skintight and their faces are sometimes different.

At least I think the suits I'm thinking of are Japanese.  Looking at they hyperlink below, even the ones that are more like Western suits have different styled eyes sometimes.

http://www.kemonono.com/kemono/res/6492+50.html
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 11:22:35 pm »
Japan has some very interesting styles.  Their suits are often more skintight and their faces are sometimes different.

At least I think the suits I'm thinking of are Japanese.  Looking at they hyperlink below, even the ones that are more like Western suits have different styled eyes sometimes.

http://www.kemonono.com/kemono/res/6492+50.html

Yes, the Japanese do have some amazing suits.  :o I am in awe at the stuff they can create. Costuming is practically second nature to the Japanese what with all the anime they have in that country, conventions, kigurumi, etc.

Offline Earth Rio

• Female
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 07:44:59 am »
How do fursuits made overseas compare to the fursuits made here in the U.S.? Are fursuits overseas made better or about the same as in the U.S.? What about quality and construction? Price ranges? What are some of your favorite styles of fursuits you've seen from France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, or other countries?

To be completely honest, I don't think British or European fursuits vary much from American or Canadian fursuits. I live in Britain myself, and I make styles of fursuit similar to overseas. I guess the only difference, based off a video of ConFuzzled in England, is that more of them are hand-made due to larger prices in shipping and handling, but that's the only difference I've noticed. Despite this, there are still many fursuits bought from overseas.

Sorry I couldn't help better, I just thought I'd say.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 12:02:08 am »
I was surprised to see that there is growing fursuiting interest in Poland and The Ukraine. The fursuits look no different in quality than what is seen in Western furmeets and cons. There will be a con in Gdansk this year, possibly their second year.

As for the Ukraine, the one fursuiter who really stands out is Winifox. She makes form-fitting cartoony characters, specializing in fox and bear themes. Possibly Disney inspired.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Chiscringle

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:50:10 am »
I forgot about Winifox!  Those suits are how femmesuits are supposed to look.
My quad: Thrakmon

Wizard lynx: Loramendi

Main furry story: Kindle Store

FA: Chiscringle

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 12:24:09 am »
Also met Cake Jaeger last year at FCN. He's from Holland. Another quality toony wolf fursuit, appearing in a number of videos.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jorinda

• Female
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 07:53:05 am »
I was surprised to see that there is growing fursuiting interest in Poland and The Ukraine. The fursuits look no different in quality than what is seen in Western furmeets and cons. There will be a con in Gdansk this year, possibly their second year.
Gdakon was in its 3rd year :)
European suits are similar to American ones. They tend to be good quality.

Keep in mind that the currency rate influences the price!