Author Topic: Fursuiting and weight?  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Fursuiting and weight?
« on: July 18, 2014, 05:32:25 pm »
Was a bit curious on the following:

Have you ever been curious about how much you weigh after fursuiting? For example: During my first trip to AC2007, my normal body weight was about 160 lbs. After 4 days of being at AC and fursuiting, I think I must have lost a good 2-5 pounds.  :o Being inside a hot and sweaty fursuit during various periods of time and doing various activities really burned off fat and calories.
I'm not saying or suggesting that people should jump into a fursuit as a substitution for regular exercise. No, no, no. But the experience of fursuiting really made me think about what it takes to fursuit, limits, aftereffects, and a few other things that can affect your body and your health. ;)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: Fursuiting and weight?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:29:55 pm »
I'm not sure, but I think it was race car driving has the same sort of  effect? It has to do with all the sweating :P However, as you said. You'd be burning of calories as well. The general rule is to make sure that you stay hydrated when fursuiting and avoid getting too hot.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 10:33:13 pm by Sciex »

Offline The Rockin Hyena

• Male
Re: Fursuiting and weight?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:25:35 am »
I compete at boxing from time to time. I train in a sauna suit, eat right and slim down. I think it has the same effect, however if you are in good shape I think you will not see much change at all.