Author Topic: STAR TREK: Picard  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
STAR TREK: Picard
« on: July 20, 2019, 06:49:42 pm »
For any Star Trek fans here, the STAR TREK Picard trailer just dropped at the San Diego Comic Con. Looks pretty good. This appears to take place roughly 20 years after the STAR TREK Nemesis movie. The Picard series seems to be about the Borg somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXy0f0aCN0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0-68FY3f6QNZPTopmKAEAGYbjsx01updku7Qzrs32VXA4aZTdTFc1te6g

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Re: STAR TREK: Picard
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 07:43:28 am »
Watched the trailer...yeah, it has some potential. Cant really tell a new movie by a very short clip, but I like what was on it.

Picard and the Borg have an interesting relationship that started when he was assimilated and then was recovered during TNG series. Since then, that relationship seems to have been highlighted frequently.

I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 11:03:49 am »
Because this trailer infers that the series has something to do with the Borg, there have been various rumors that the woman Picard meets might be the Borg queen, albeit younger and disconnected from the hive mind? How this would be possible is unknown. Another wild rumor was that she was Lal, the female android that Data had created in the Next Generation episode "The Offspring".  Adding more wild rumors to the mix is that the renegade android Lore might be in the series too.

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:39:24 am »
Any of those scenarios would make for a very interesting movie. I vote for the Borg queen, but I'm not sure how she be reappear.
I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 08:29:54 pm »
You can find out more with this analysis here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHpbaqhsWE

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 12:57:28 pm »
Because this trailer infers that the series has something to do with the Borg, there have been various rumors that the woman Picard meets might be the Borg queen, albeit younger and disconnected from the hive mind? How this would be possible is unknown. Another wild rumor was that she was Lal, the female android that Data had created in the Next Generation episode "The Offspring".  Adding more wild rumors to the mix is that the renegade android Lore might be in the series too.

Perhaps while Datas mind was being probed by the borg queen, she
found the personality and memories of his offspring, and planted a
seed. One waiting for a chance to grow into a new queen if Data
was  to interface with another borg, or even to create another
android.

Just one of many possible sequels for a movie. 
oldrabbit.com