Is a Pokemon/Digimon furry?

Yes
10 (29.4%)
No
11 (32.4%)
Not sure.
13 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Are Pokemon/Digimon considered furry?  (Read 5160 times)

Offline Mooshi

Re: Are Pokemon/Digimon considered furry?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 05:49:49 pm »
I...think we'll be better off just calling them what they really are a leave "furry" out of this.  :P A Digimon is a Digimon and a Pokemon is a Pokemon. Digimon already talk, so have fun with that. Also,  when a Pokemon is stylized like a furry, they aren't furries. They are called Pokemorphs.                                                                                                                          /thread

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »
In my view, Pokemon and Digimon are made-up feral animals. They can be anthropomorphized like anything else, but they're not inherently furry.

Also, the poll is currently tied three ways at 6/6/6. Apparently this is a major controversy on Furtopia! :D

Offline killrhawk

• A furry with feathers
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 05:39:36 am »
I don't think I've seen a poll that's this even before.  :o
Have PSN? Add me!
    Killrhawk

Thanks so much to Aerisyka for the avatar!

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 06:17:05 am »
I haven't voted haha, but I'm not gonna be the jerk that upsets the balance. =P

Offline Hoagiebot

• Species: Thinking Machines Corporation CM-5/1056
  • Analyzing MLP w/ 135-GFLOPS of raw computing power
  • Male
    • Project Destiny Studios
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:35 am »
I voted that Pokemon and Digimon were close enough to be considered "furry."  The character that swings me over the most is "Renamon" from Digimon series 3.  There is not really anything "feral" about her-- she is furry through and through.  First of all she is bipedal, she has female-human features incorporated as part of her design (e.g. her "pronounced" chest, hourglass figure, and curvy hips), and she speaks, thinks, feels, and reasons the same way a human would.  If she is not a furry, than I guess that I don't know what is.  She is also quite easy on the eyes, but that is beyond the point!   :D

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 01:27:24 pm »
I don't see why an animal must be real in order to be anthropomorphized. Some of them clearly are already.
The problem I see with this poll is that it doesn't have an option for "They can be".

Offline Black Foot

• Me in my Wolf form
  • Male
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 06:33:26 pm »
well even though some might look like they have fur or scales but I agree Kobuk they aren't furry. Most of the mundane would call them furry cuz of them having fur. Sure some Digimon might talk and walk a lil bit on 2 feet but do they have fur, scales, or show any human characteristics? Leomon might but that's bout it. I'm just curious bout guilmon, Renamon? and the rest of the digimon. I know 2 of them transform into humans when they reach a certain level but they turn back when they loose their energy.
In Memory of Balto the one who saved a dog sled person & his dogs from cold temperatures.

Pets name: SandStorm
Adopt your own!

TO all that lives in the Darkness be proud of it and to those who

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 07:15:55 pm »
From my angle on it:

Anthropomorphic =/= Furry/Furries

Yeah, they are anthropomorphic because they have human-like actions, thought, communication skills (with each other and sometimes humans too via speech or telepathy), and of of course some of their styling. But no way is a normal Buizel a "Furry".  :P