Author Topic: something strange  (Read 1508 times)

Offline victorwolf

• Male
something strange
« on: December 31, 2011, 04:05:01 pm »
life is a strange thing i don't really understand it any more I'm confused about most things yet i can understand how things work. to explain things is very hard for me yet i can get it. i want to know your views on life is it confusing or do you understand it perfectly.
a rose by any other name smells just as sweet

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: something strange
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:55:21 pm »
Nobody will ever be able to fully understand "life" and all it's intricacies, etc. All we can do with the time that is given to us is live one day at a time and enjoy it with friends and family.
What is the meaning of life? I kinda like this that Bill and Ted said in the movie "Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey" -

"All the experiences that make up the existence of an individual."

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 05:14:24 pm »
Exist and further existence.

Offline aspect

• Aspect of the Universe
  • Male
    • my furaffinity
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 07:20:26 pm »
We get the feeling we understand things when they behave as we expect and we can make them useful to us. The search for understanding is basic to our nature but doesn't have to apply to life itself since why should we be able to understand life without understanding absolutely everything; what's the difference?

Yet I tend to think I do understand. Life is about letting stuff happen and seeing what sticks, what's lasting, what we believe in.

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 04:09:07 pm »
This reminds me of something I heard in a dream once.
"Every day leads to yesterday"
Sometimes I get confused about life and all that. What helps is to think of things on a much smaller scale. Try to focus on things happening in your life. Be down to earth. The more you try to grasp at once, the harder it is to understand anything.

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 05:33:26 pm »
I'm very down to earth in many ways you could say i was a hippie, I absolutely love nature. I just have a hard time grasping reality and whats actually real. the other day i thought every thing was an illusion for some reason(and no i wasn't on any thing i don't take any thing man made(drugs are bad m'kay)) at any rate i can understand things a bit more the less i think about the whole world and how messed up it is. maybe in time i can understand everything this wonderful planet of ours has to offer until then I'm going to focus on my own problems one at a time.

Offline warriorsfan1812

• Foxes and Wolves ftw!
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 08:59:01 pm »
I'm very down to earth in many ways you could say i was a hippie, I absolutely love nature. I just have a hard time grasping reality and whats actually real. the other day i thought every thing was an illusion for some reason(and no i wasn't on any thing i don't take any thing man made(drugs are bad m'kay)) at any rate i can understand things a bit more the less i think about the whole world and how messed up it is. maybe in time i can understand everything this wonderful planet of ours has to offer until then I'm going to focus on my own problems one at a time.
Exactly.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 11:53:59 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:24:51 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline Juno

• In your X Ying your Zs
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 12:54:56 am »
If you spend too much time trying to understand it, then you waste time that you can't get back.
Quoted 4 Trutieness hehe
A MEMBER OF THE MIDNIGHT CREW... ♠

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 11:06:07 pm »
Philosophy plays ahuge role in this. Some believe life has ultimate meaning. Others believe this world is only a dream, lasting for all we know, 1 night, instead of triollioons of years. It makes your head hurt, so I say, "if it's a dream, I'm gonna make it one heck of a dream." But, I have experienced "illusion" moments. I call it insight, for our looks are but an illusion, while the inside is solud and real. We create the illusion so that we keep our insides safe from comparison with others illusions...
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline victorwolf

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 11:11:53 pm »
the thing is i feel like i've lived my life before and i've hade tons of replay moments where i only knew it already happened at the moment that it happened. i fought someone a while ago and lost but at the moment the fight started i felt like it happened before and before i knew it i was on the floor with a broken bridge

Offline aspect

• Aspect of the Universe
  • Male
    • my furaffinity
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 01:41:08 pm »
Haha it says a lot about me that I wanna write "oh if you want to understand life, just ask me, I can explain everything." I've long had these brief moments of lucidity where I literally feel like I understand how the whole world works and what everything means, and then immediately forget. (I had one teacher who says he gets these "moments of omniscience" as well.) Of course I probably just have some little incoherent insight and it's easy for it to seem like more once I can't actually remember it. But I've been careful over the years and had paper ready to try and write these things down even as they fall back out of my mind. The result is usually somewhat insightful but incomplete; but it builds up over time. At the moment I feel I at least know which pieces are missing from my "complete understanding" and perhaps the whole picture is within reach, just three or four moments of omniscience and I'll have captured the whole.

But in truth, there's always more understanding to be had.

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 01:01:56 am »
Usually what i do is just string a bunch of big words together and people think i'm smart.
But if you want my view on life, it's nothing more than a game where you have to make your own fun.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/