Author Topic: Getting ready for vacations.  (Read 897 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Getting ready for vacations.
« on: June 10, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »
Does it ever seem like getting ready for a vacation is a job in itself? You plan, You pack, You prepare, etc.  :P I'm finally on vacation from work, but I have no chance to relax today or tomorrow as I have to get ready for AC.
Washing fursuit.
Packing clothes, fursuit, etc.
Doing laundry.
Cleaning apt. and doing dishes before I leave.
.......and the list goes on and on.  :P

Just wondering if anybody else has felt the same way. :(

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: Getting ready for vacations.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 04:27:38 pm »
Does it ever seem like getting ready for a vacation is a job in itself? You plan, You pack, You prepare, etc.  :P I'm finally on vacation from work, but I have no chance to relax today or tomorrow as I have to get ready for AC.
Washing fursuit.
Packing clothes, fursuit, etc.
Doing laundry.
Cleaning apt. and doing dishes before I leave.
.......and the list goes on and on.  :P

Just wondering if anybody else has felt the same way. :(

I don't tend to put a whole lot into preparation and whatnot. Then again, none of my vacations have really required it much. Weekend visits to family or friends, week-long visits to friends who are further away, or work trips are about all I do right now. No planning out a hotel or meals or anything like that (we have a travel agency that handles all that for the work trips).

I just make sure my apartment is reasonably clean before I leave. That's about it. Packing, even for a week-long trip, takes me under an hour, and I tend to just do it the day I'm leaving.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Mylo

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 04:29:58 pm »
Not really. The work that goes into it, at least for me, makes the vacation seem that much better, especially if you know that you're at least coming back to a clean house. The work also serves as a reminder that I am going on a vacation, and I am much more eager to do it because I know what comes right after it.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:34:32 pm »
Can't say I've actually been on holiday in a long time. Trips I go on have been for my course, so work more than a vacation, and there has been someone else staying behind in the house, so I don't even really need to clean up more than usual. I can pack quickly too, so that never takes me long.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#