Author Topic: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.  (Read 120997 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Reply #1750 on: January 06, 2021, 10:37:32 pm »
There are way too many news links to list and too much news to talk about concerning today's Washington D.C. riots and storming of the Capitol building. If I listed and talked about everything, it might end up looking like a novel instead of a post.  :D
But here's a few sample links that are worth reading:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/what-matters-january-6/index.html

Tracking the electoral college votes being counted by Congress.
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/01/politics/electoral-vote-count-congress-tracker/?iid=politics_electoral_college_bop

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1751 on: January 07, 2021, 05:35:29 am »
You have no idea  how happy I am about what happened in DC. Not only the riot but how Ex president Trump handled it. It's now my greatest of hopes that right wing media outlets speak highly of these events. And I really REALLY hope Trump talks favorably about all of this as well. The murders ( republican party ) are scrambling to try to make themselves look good. Condemning the actions of a man they praised for all this anti American actions just a day ago. Both Trump and these members of the republican party can now be charged as enemy combatants. Fox news networks executives can now be charged as enemy combatants. Every "expert" Fox news network has had who said any lie about this election can now be charged as enemy combatants. Any republican who has spread lies about this election can now be charges as enemy combatants. And yes. Trump can now be charges as an enemy combatant against the United States of America. He refused to protect the United States Government.

You have no idea how happy I am.

It's cake and ice cream time.

It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1752 on: January 07, 2021, 10:10:33 am »
If I had to pen a letter to Donald Trump and/or his supporters, it might go something like this:

You lost. Get over it. Stop acting like an infantile immature crybaby and dry those eyes. Grow up and start acting like a human being for once in your life. Biden has been affirmed as the next U.S. President. THAT IS A FACT!

I am still in shock of everything that happened yesterday. I would like to see Trump removed from office before his term is finished, but I don't know if that will happen. And if it did, it may inevitably make the situation worse and give his supporters more reason to create more chaos. Trump only has 13 more days to go. What will he do? Going to be an interesting next two weeks.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1753 on: January 07, 2021, 12:25:45 pm »
Facebook bans Trump from posting for the remainder of his term.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/tech/facebook-trump-restrictions/index.html

What the 25th Amendment means and whether it might be used to remove Trump.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/07/25th-amendment-explainer-laura-coates-john-harwood-nr-sot-vpx.cnn
https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-xxv

For anybody who thinks the death of that woman rioter was unjustified in the Capitol building yesterday, you'd be wrong. Capitol police and Secret Service, as well as any other Federal law enforcement agencies, will use any and all necessary means, including the use of deadly force, to protect Congressional leaders, the Capitol building, and other people and property as necessary.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/us/capitol-mob-deaths/index.html

And for those rioters who were really dumb enough to enter the Capitol with their faces exposed..........say Cheese! You're now on camera and on the FBI's list!  :D :D :D

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1754 on: January 07, 2021, 01:04:26 pm »

The people in this mob are lucky they live in the U S A, ore they would have been cut down like animals.  Very few
nations would have allowed a mob to force their way into a government  building as we did.

I must admit I didn't expect a mob incited by Trump to break into the capital building.
I was disappointed to see the capital police basically standing by, and mainly just
working to protect people and little else. They had plenty of warning that a large mob
of Trump supporters could approach the capital. So they should have had plans in
place to deal with a mob of thousands. I really don't blaim a limited number of
capital police for not confronting the mob with violence, as this could have made
things worse, but the appearance of being friendly with many of these people was bad.
It's likely public leaders told the police to use minimum control with plans to arrest
those doing actual damage later.

I think they should have treated this mob just as they would have if the mob had been
people of color. Because it gives the appearance white people get special  treatment. As is
one got the feeling the police was partly complicit. Perhaps even in  agreement with
many of those in the mob.

It appears the leadership is going to provide an overwhelming force along with a
fence to keep this from happening again. As usual leadership waits to deal with a
issue instead of making proper plans ahead of time.  I got the impression that the
police didn't have proper leadership, or planning to deal with this kind of  situation.
Leading to a disorganized response.

Several of the people in the mob were interviewed, and said they would return again,
and with weapons next time. I would hope for them, and public safety this doesn't
happen. It would just get a lot of people hurt or killed. 

The GOP is mostly to blaim as they should never had allowed Trump to run for
president as a member of the republican party. Prior to the GOP primaries they were
running him down, and calling him a danger to the country. Yet instead of not allowing
him to join their party, they decided to use him to gain the White House. Now the
GOP has lost control and should deal with this man, by removing him from power
before he can do further damage to our government or the country. I fear these political
cowards will stammer about fearing Trump's supporters till they are forced to deal
with a man who has lost his mind. We can only hope he doesn't start something we
can't stop in the meantime.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1755 on: January 07, 2021, 01:34:01 pm »
The one thing that bothers me the most about this. Turning this into a race game. There is no reason for this. The truth. The way the riot for Black Lives Matter was held was the correct way. It was never about race. There is a responsibility to protect the government. The guards were set up non threatening. None confrontational. To make the statement "if the pro Trump rioters were black the National guard would have been there" is absolutely irresponsible. It also takes away the true horror of what happened. Trump refused to protect the capital.  The proper thing was done for the Black Lives Matter riot. When it was about Trump, Trump let the rioters in.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1756 on: January 07, 2021, 03:30:21 pm »
I am about to vent a little.

So people are dragging race into this all now?! Just to make this worse? 4 people are dead. Does color matter? No.
Black lives matter? YES.  So do all of the lives!

What happened was wrong regardless of color.  People had warning (police etc), people had job duties (police and president etc), people should have known wrong from right (adult protesters).  No race required.  Just people.  People being stupid. 

Trump encouraged people to "protest" (which is okay), but did not act to calm or control when riots happened (not okay). He knew he didn't have to.  He probably suspected those individual protestors were people who could succumb to fervor and riotous behavior.  Aka people who are not mature and rational.  He probably knew they would turn violent (part of being immature and irrational).  But because we can't read minds, and can't prove this suspected motive, we can't hold him accountable.  But I do believe a rational caring person , would feel some responsibility and would quell the violence, even if they did not start it.

The cause the people were protesting against seems to be stained and possibly damaged due to their own handling of the issue.  To desecrate that place, to possibly damage statuary hall! WHAT!?

They will now be seen as irresponsible lunatics or something because of how this unfolded.  Just look at those pics!  What in God's name are they representing?  A man with horns and fur?  He does not represent me.  What is the message?  These people are flatly stupid based upon this representation of themselves.  What fools!

If they wanted the cause to be investigated more and taken more seriously, they should have acted in a better way. like Black Lives Matter, or MANY OTHER CAUSES through out our nations history.  Like women getting right to vote, stopping nuclear weapons production, or even cleaning up the major rivers from pollution , or trying to protest to recover POWs, or protest higher wages.  So how many of those example worked... ;-)  Some causes and associated protests fail.  But in America you always have opportunities for peaceful change.

Besides this was a ceremony, almost a going through the motions thing, and the president elect was already decided. 
Courts had already overturned many alleged reports of fraud in the voting system etc.  The protestors turned riotous mob, had no ability to change the vote unless they took hostages, which it can be suggested was the real motive of those mobsters.  And if that is proven, those people have conspired to do grave harm to America and that may be punishable as treason.  There are cameras, social media posts, and we have facial recognition.  These people were flatly stupid for what they did.  They didn't even cover their faces!  Fools.  Prosecute as many as possible!

And after the outburst at the capitol, many staunch supporters turned their backs on the man who runs this country.  When your friends all tell you , you are wrong, you should listen.  When a nation and its system tell you that as well, time to suck it up.  we have rules.

If Trump is brought up on treason or other potential crimes, he may be barred from being a presidential candidate, right?
If I were to storm my local capitol building with weapons, what crime did I commit?  What is my punishment? 
Throw the book at them all! 
That is how we operate in America.  Rules and we all have to obey them. Regardless of color, orientation, beliefs, politics.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1757 on: January 07, 2021, 04:08:09 pm »
There's going to be a lot of discussion and blame going around the next several days about the "lack of security" around and in the Capitol. Here are some links that discuss that.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/national-guard-troops-deployed-dc-capitol/index.html
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/06/politics/pence-national-guard/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/opinions/whose-job-restore-order-capitol-opinion-callan/index.html
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 05:45:16 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1758 on: January 07, 2021, 04:19:35 pm »
Black Lives Matter protests in Washington, vs. protest riots in Washington yesterday.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/us/police-response-black-lives-matter-protest-us-capitol/index.html

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1759 on: January 07, 2021, 07:11:23 pm »
I didn't know I could feel this patriotically enraged about actual, genuine treason happening. It's been several hours now I still can't rightly process my feelings about seeing these.... things swarming over the Capitol and the police just letting it happen I am sickened and enraged beyond my ability to accurately and vocabulistically articulate  my feelings about it.

"I'm mad" just doesn't cover it and nor does "furious", "fed up", "enraged" and "done". To say that I'm angry with trump's cult's actions yesterday is the kind of understatement that can only be matched by saying " Gee, the universe is kinda big".
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1760 on: January 07, 2021, 08:03:01 pm »
The more news I keep watching and reading, particuarly about the 25th Amendment and/or impeachment, the more I wonder if it's really such a good idea to use those options right now? Biden isn't very comfortable with either option and hasn't said much on either. Vice President Pence hasn't said or done much on the 25th Amendment option also. Trump only has 12-13 days left in office. I also have a gut feeling that Republicans in Congress won't support either option very much. It might just be better to let let Trump's presidency run it's course and let it finish. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting from all the stories I'm seeing.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/house-democrats-impeachment-plans/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/politics/25th-amendment-cabinet-secretaries/index.html

And..........Abraham Lincoln was right.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:54:06 pm by Kobuk »

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1761 on: January 08, 2021, 06:25:36 am »
Like rats off a sinking ship. Jumping off in droves. Trumps staff is leaving faster than the revolving door he had four years ago. My favorite is the transportation sec. In her letter she says she's proud of what they were able to accomplish in the last four years. Really? What? There was a single bill passed around  that went nowhere. She's proud of doing nothing. Like any other republican. Lie.

Should Pence be charged? Yes. When Trump told Pence to commit treason he refused. But did nothing about it. Pence may not have many duties but he does have a legal obligation to the United States. He has refused to commit to that legal obligation. It's not his choice to make.

Do you all remember the last time Twitter was going to ban Trump? Then they made some really off the wall wacky story to allow him back on. Well that just happened again. Twitter banned Trump. Then turned around and said. "Trump has deleted the acquired amount of posts to be reactivated." And Trump has fallen for it again. I imagine law enforcement told Twitter to find a way to give Trump enough rope to hang himself.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1762 on: January 08, 2021, 12:20:43 pm »

In the U S infections are over 21.5 million, and over 365,000 deaths.

Trump was on a video last night trying to act like he had no part in the attack on the
nations capital, and said those that did should be held accountable. Interesting in that
he sent them to the capital building, and lied about leading them as they went.  I would
think these attackers would feel Trump, a man who told them he was standing with
them has turned against them. They should realize now that they can't trust the man
they had supported, a man who is now shows he has no loyalty even for his
supporters.  I really don't believe anything Trump says, so people best watch
out.

It seems the far right is trying to  claim the mob that invaded the capital were members
of the far left, even though it was obviously far right supporters of president  Trump.
We must meet these lies with the unvarnished truth, because they will continue with
Trump to spread the lie that the election was stolen, and that the left, and people of
color are out to take over the country.

You would think even the GOP would have turned against Trump after he sent his
followers to the capital building where they threatened the nations congress men and
women. Yet  over 100 GOP members voted to disenfranchise millions of voters who
voted for Joe Biden, and Harris over Trump. Every one of these GOP members should
be removed, or lose their next election.  I hope they end up losing, but by the time
they run again, many voters will have forgotten, or won't even care.

Will the VP do his job, and invoke the 25th amendment of the constitution, or will he
remained cowed by Trump and his supporters? I expect the house will file to impeach
president Trump once more,  but I seriously doubt that there are 20 senators with the
guts to join with Democrats to remove a president who instigated the invasion of the
capital of the United States of America. I am not even sure the leader of the senate
will even call for a vote to remove Trump.  Many claim Trumps removal might cause
violence across the nation. Though this might happen, we should never allow threat of
violence to defy the law.

Also this attack on the capital appears to  have had inside help, and if it turns out
a member, or members of congress  were involved  they should pay the price.  In
  case they think they have strong support at home, they should think
again. The attacker who had his feet on the desk belonging  to the speaker of the
house has received threads against him by people who care about our country more
than Trump winning an election. 

Trump apparently still plans to try to pardon himself. This should not work, and if
Trump is smart he would have his VP to agree to pardon  him after he resigned just
hours prior to Biden taking office.  Of course there is the possibility that his VP might
refuse to do this. So time will tell.  Perhaps  Trump in that case would
leave the country a day or two before the end of his term.

There are still 12 days, more than enough time for Trump, a man who likely fears he
will go to prison when he is removed from office. to do great harm to the government.
Even to declare a national emergency where he could invoke marshal law to prevent his
removal from office. This would give him the power to be a virtual dictator till he
decided to resign, or at his death. It seems many of the GOP either don't think  he can
do this, or don't care. It would take support by the military, and reports are they have
no plans to support such a action by Trump. Hopefully that is true, because Trump
just might try anyway.

Personally I think president elect Biden should not take the oath of office in public,
unless he is behind a bullet resistant barrier, because there could be a sniper
planning to assassinate him as he stands in full view. Trump followers have already
said they would return with weapons, with plans of who knows what.

Desperate people can do terrible things.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1763 on: January 08, 2021, 02:51:30 pm »
About those $600 stimulus payments. There may be some slightly bad news. :(

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/success/irs-stimulus-payments-turbotax-wrong-accounts/index.html

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1764 on: January 08, 2021, 07:20:12 pm »
BREAKING NEWS!

Twitter bans Trump's account..........PERMANENTLY! Hurray!  :goldlaugh: :goldlaugh:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/tech/trump-twitter-ban/index.html

However, the bad news is that he'll just go someplace else to spew his foul mouthed rhetoric. :( >:(

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #1765 on: January 08, 2021, 09:35:36 pm »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/08/trump-incites-anger-among-acolytes-let-down-by-lack-of-support

What a shock! The man known for being a lying huckster who throws people under the bus to save himself, just threw all of his cult followers under the bus to save himself!

........and?

https://i.imgur.com/t3JbRVj.jpg

I'm just gonna put this up as a link cause it's kinda big but worth reading.
I really hope that now, maybe these people will see. Maybe they will finally wake up and see that trump doesn't care about them.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1766 on: January 09, 2021, 01:21:35 am »
Well what do you know. Remember what i said about giving Trump some rope to hang himself with? His last tweets where hints of setting up a separate government. That my fellow furrys is called treason. That's some rope there buddy. Thank YOU Thank YOU THANK YOU to who ever in law enforcement convinced Twitter to let Trump continue to post. THANK YOU! Now let us all hope with all our hearts that Trump finds a new, welcoming platform and continues to nail his own coffin shut.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1767 on: January 09, 2021, 10:39:17 am »
Well what do you know. Remember what i said about giving Trump some rope to hang himself with? His last tweets where hints of setting up a separate government. That my fellow furrys is called treason. That's some rope there buddy. Thank YOU Thank YOU THANK YOU to who ever in law enforcement convinced Twitter to let Trump continue to post. THANK YOU! Now let us all hope with all our hearts that Trump finds a new, welcoming platform and continues to nail his own coffin shut.

No, they weren't. His last tweets were about setting up or going to a different social media platform. Here's one of his last tweets:
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/washington-dc-riots-trump-news-friday/h_9a8e6e454dec8fdb394b86269949c95c

QUOTE: "We have been negotiating with various other sites, and we will have a big announcement soon ... while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future. We will not be SILENCED!"

If Trump goes anywhere, it will most likely be Parler.

In other news.........I warned people earlier in this thread about my thoughts that America could potentially see a second American civil war. And my warnings went unheeded. Looks like I'm the one having the last laugh now.  :D Jan. 6th was the official start of it. And the woman who got shot in the Capitol building was the first casualty. And now the questions are: What will happen next, Where will things happen next, and How much longer will this go on? All unknowns at the moment.
But what ISN'T going away and appears to be getting louder is more calls for violence and such. If you think I'm joking, then read this. It's plainly obvious that Trump's supporters aren't giving up nor are they going away. Trump started this whole mess with his damaging tweets. How America will get out of this mess and heal is another good question.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/us/online-extremism-inauguration-capitol-invs/index.html

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1768 on: January 09, 2021, 01:34:24 pm »

In the U S infections are over 21.8 million  and over 368,000 deaths.

Yes I am sure supporters of Trump will attempt to create a replacement for
Twitter, but  they will need money and a lot of it to setup a system that can
handle millions of users. So they will likely switch to a existing one that can
do it already. One that may quietly expand Trump's support. If his supporters
attempt another attack, we can hope they underestimate their ability and end up
losing all they may have gained.

The supporters of Trump have been convinced  that it's up to them to save our
country from leftest  socialist people of color.  Unfortunately Trump has tapped into
a basic worry by many people who feel our government has turned against them in
favor of minorities, homosexuals, and  immigrants. This concern by many people has
existed since the civil rights movements of the 1960's and 70's where people of color 
were given jobs,and acceptance to colleges over white people. While this was done
trying to undo the mistreatment of colored people since the years following the civil
war. The government failed to consider that white people would need to be educated
so they would understand it's purpose, and to give white people time to adjust.

Trump tapped into this simmering hate for his own benefit, and not for the good of the
country. Unfortunately during the 2016 election the major media did not impress on the
public at large just how dangerous Trump's plans were. Instead they ended up making
H Clinton out to be just as bad as he was. Then once Trump got the GOP nomination
the party worked hard to help Trump win, because they wanted control of the White
House. Apparently feeling they could control crazy man Trump. But wanting to keep
control of the country, They decided to give Trump their full support fearing his voters.

The GOP has lost there conservative values and are falling under the control of the
far right, because of their desire to keep their political power. Even to accept the ideals
of white supremacy to keep that power. This country is in danger if this movement
by the far right is allowed to grow. Because it's followers are being misled by people
who plan to turn this country into an oligarchy with a dictator of their choice. Then
the followers of Trump will find they have no rights at all, and by then it will be too late.

This is why until the GOP can be returned to a party who supports a middle class
they should not receive enough voter support to stay in power, or the country will be
lost to an authoritarian system of government, just like Russia, and China.

This means people who desire to keep our federal system of government must
get out and vote for people who support our democracy. Use  the internet to
educate and support the truth, and not the lies by those who wish to  enslave
the people of this country.

Even though president elect Biden is a good start, the man seems to be afraid to
bring Trump's corrupt cronies to account. These people need to understand they can't
get by with their attack on our government. Otherwise they won't stop, and will try
again and again, even to work to elect themselves if need be. Trump and his close
family should fear to stay in the country, because they will continue trying to regain
political power. I know Biden wants to bring the country back together, but these
people have to understand attacks on our government will cause them nothing but
serious trouble.  These people think they are at war with our government, so our
government needs to defend our country against them, as they would any invaders.

I have a hunch most of these supporters of Trump would fade away faced with
possible imprisonment.  Trump may give a blanket pardon to those who invaded
the capital, but if they attempt it again they will go to jail, and Trump won't be
there to pardon them a second time.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #1769 on: January 09, 2021, 10:27:30 pm »
If it really comes down to full on civil war it's gonna be even shorter than Half Life's "Seven Hours War" cause we're talking about a band of riotous militiamen who think they're badass vs the united states military.

Part of the reason why the capitol invasion went so badly was cause trump didn't call in the national guard, he allowed those people to get in there. What really counts here is that trump needs to be impeached again to take away his ability to run again in 4 years and eliminate all of his post presidency perks, all those involved with the invasion of the capitol need to be locked up, the roots of treason have grown already this needs to be pulled up from the ground like a choking weed.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1770 on: January 09, 2021, 10:48:37 pm »
 I've worked in a job where I signed papers to the effect of "if you do wrong things,  you get charged with treason " and I do believe it is still punishable by death,  hanging from the neck until dead.  Let me tell you,  that is a very good deterrent for me!  And nope,  I never betrayed that  life long oath. Never will!

Yeah,  let's please charge them with treason and televise the punishment.  ;) or maybe not the last part.

I do not want a civil war,  and I bet too  many people are so hurt by covid  and its economic junk,  that they just don't want to risk ruinining what little they have left.

Yeah,  I laugh at these preppers and such extremists, regardless of "side".  Some have worked in the military,  but probably most are wannabees.   Their automatic weapon can do a lot,  but one shot from a mobile artillery, or high explosives ,  can do vastly more!!  Do not pick on the government with force and violence! If they want to change it,  they should get into law and politics! Elect who represents you,  but do not use violence.  Ok  ok... sigh.

The pen is mightier than the sword!

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1771 on: January 10, 2021, 10:38:20 am »
First Twitter, then Facebook, now Parler. Trump has almost nowhere to go.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/09/tech/parler-suspended-apple-app-store/index.html

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1772 on: January 10, 2021, 12:25:55 pm »

In the U S infections are over 22.1 million, and over 372,000 deaths.

World wide over 89 million have been infected, and over 1.9 million have died.

Covid19 continues to kill, already over 4000 a day. Hopefully once the Biden
administration takes over we will see an improvement. But don't believe lies from the
GOP and Trump may wish to claim. It will  take time to offset the damage done by the
previous Trump administration.

Also many of those people who still want to believe  the lies of Trump, will refuse
to wear masks, and continue to gather in groups. These people will spread the virus
in spite of anything the new administration tries to do.

Some of the attackers are wanting to claim they just got caught up in this, but there
is plenty of evidence that many of them were out to take hostage, members of
congress, and hang them by the neck till they were dead in front of the capital
building. This was obviously planned a head of time. Because several were carrying
zip ties and had erected a gallows in front of the capital.

Acts like this cannot be forgiven. What if we had seen on TV people hung? I would like
to believe it would have been a step too far even for the followers of Trump across
the nation.  I do know many people were upset by the desecration of the capital
building it's self, and have no plans to protect these attackers from the authorities.

There are estimates that hundreds of these people will be arrested, even if it takes
months to find them. I do hope most are found, because attacks on our capital cannot
be acceptable. If people want to change our government they can run people for
office, and vote for them. Using violence to make changes will only end up destroying
the nation, and cannot be allowed.  People must accept the fact they will lose
elections. If fraud is found to be involved, then gather the  evidence and take it to
court. If you lose there then keep trying with legal means.

There is a good possibility these attackers were assisted by the capital police, and by
congress members and staff. So hopefully there will be a full investigation and
conviction of those responsible. Even if they are members of congress.

Many members of the GOP appear to be involved, and I hope these so called law
and order people end up removed from office and put in jail if the evidence shows
their involvement. The Senator from my own state was seen encouraging these
attackers, along with Texas senator Cruz. Both of these men should at the very least
ejected from the senate.

It must be found out why these attackers were treated essentially with kid gloves,
where if they had been people of color just wanting to show their discontent of not
getting equal treatment under the law. They would have been arrested by the
hundreds, and likely dozens shot down trying to enter the capital, or even trying to
climb the steps. It is long past time we put an end to treating people of color like
dangerous animals instead of human beings.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1773 on: January 10, 2021, 03:50:02 pm »
the rope for Trump is set up and getting thicker by the day. Only one place left for him on line. A place that has no rules or restrictions. Other than state and fed guidelines. And he's Trump. The president of the United States. Those guidelines are not meant for him. He's already proven that he makes his own rules to play by. A place where everything is traceable. A place that is so easy to monitor it's like watching TV.  His very own web site. Built and protected by his very own severs and equipment. With privet phone lines and all. Let us all hope he bites.

Kobuk. Here's how your civil war will play out. Trump's statement, as you correctly stated, wasn't treason. It was to start a new political platform. The resat of this is speculation based on human nature and history. There are a number of republican law makes who will switch over to that platform.  Just for fun we'll call this new platform MAGA. Because Trump doesn't have any imagination. They will continue the lines of propaganda and to make sure they keep the fever up, add more. Because people who are angry are easy to control. That's why today's republican party is desperately holding onto what they have now. When very smart people said " Our democracy is in danger" they were not lying. Anyway this new political party will create it's own media platforms. And like any other cult they will warn people not to listen or trust anyone else (fox news network). Like a well greased factory they will pump out propaganda and fear. They will promise a new and better tomorrow.

Why this wont work. This is not the first time America has faced this. People look at the McCarthy hearings like they were a scene from a horror movie. The truth is it stopped the above from happening. At that time in our history there was a huge youth movement in our country. Indoctrinating thousands of American children into Nazi idealism. Even invoking President Washington has they're historical leader. There were politicians who switched over to the communist party. Without going into full detail it was stopped cold. Yes McCarthy was really bad at accusing anyone at the drop of the hat. And there where a lot of bad things that came out of this. But we have learned from this.

Why this new platform based on propaganda will not work. Our legal system. And before anyone goes all wacko if our legal system was broken Trump would have won all his arguments. Our legal system is well prepared for this.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1774 on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:41 pm »
Pence as 24 hours to invoke the 25 Amendment.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10/politics/james-clyburn-impeachment-senate-trial-biden-cnntv/index.html

The vice president has a duty to protect America. Thee is a wall of law suits lining up against Trump. Including domestic terrorism. If Pence does not do the right thing HE could face multiple charges.

There is talk of filing charges against politicians and media outlets who added Trump in fanning the propaganda to overturn the election as well.

There is one thing everyone should remember. The people who stormed the Capital are victims of propaganda. These are Americans acting on years of lies and propaganda by both the republican party and right wing media.