Author Topic: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.  (Read 120986 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Reply #1775 on: January 11, 2021, 02:00:18 am »
Man the terrorists are losing all their ground now. They can't fly anywhere cause they've been identified and they're all being rounded up in their homes. Cause you know, the cops and FBI would never think to look for you at your own friggen house! :D
You guys really ain't very good at this whole fugitive thing are you? I don't the cops should be able to find your secret hideout by googling your bloody name!
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1776 on: January 11, 2021, 11:24:02 am »
They weren't none too good at the whole thinking thing were they?
Like I said, nobody covered faces and showed tatoos, etc...
Must be their first time. :D
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1777 on: January 11, 2021, 01:23:14 pm »

In the U S infections are over 22.4 million, and over 374,000 deaths.

The holiday surge of covid19 is starting to over run the ability of hospitals  to care
for those affected. Those businesses who handle funerals are being over run as well.
Even to get death certificates is time consuming for those wanting to deal with family
members they need to bury.  So some of the dead will be on ice for quite a while.

It appears some of our police want to follow Trump and the far right. I have friends
in the police, and they are generally not allowed to publicly support political policies.
Of course privately they do, and it appears some let their politics affect their work.
These people must be weeded out, or they will continue to cause problems, and much
of it is racial.

Many are asking why there wasn't any preparation to protect the capital. I have a
hunch Trump and those in government who support him were at  fault. Hopefully
investigations will find those responsible in the end.

It is possible Trump is planning to order the national guard to leave just before his
supporters start to gather in Washington DC at the end of the week. It was he
who prevented the guard from being deployed during the attack by his mob. I hope
this can be prevented, but who can say. A president has powers that are hard to
deal with if he won't back down.

The GOP is losing members and Trump is losing support daily. I think people are
finding it harder to support Trump and those in the GOP who still wish to stand
with Trump. Especially after viewing the carnage at the capital last Wens day.
These people who seem to think violence will bring the change they want, need
to wake up. They will not win, Trump is leading them to failure. Even if they attack
every state  capital, they will face military action if the police is unable to deal with
them. All it will do is cause their deaths or imprisonment. Just as it did for the
confederacy  during the  civil war, and this time few will be left to continue their
fight against the people they wish  to control or rid the country of.

Trump and his supporters are complaining that social media is defying the first
amendment free speech rights. They should know private businesses are not required
to follow the first amendment, only government is. The government can punish
businesses for denying rights, but in the end  they can't be forced to  protect  peoples
first amendment rights. These people who are complaining, in many cases are the
same ones who complain about  government interference. So they should listen to
their own complaints.

Trump is heading for the Mexican boarder tomorrow. If it was next week, I would
wonder if he is planning to leave the country. Of course he still could.

It appears big business is turning against the GOP and Trump. This is likely to put
more pressure on the GOP politicians than even their voters. Because the two big
things they listen to is money, and votes. Loss of money hurts them most.  Though
the Democrats had nothing to do with the attack on the capital, some businesses are
removing support from both parties. Possibly waiting to see who the public supports.
Because they don't want to turn their  customers against them.

9 days left for Trump, hopefully we all  survive.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1778 on: January 11, 2021, 01:27:11 pm »
You can read the House impeachment bill here:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/house-articles-of-impeachment/index.html

Fact check on impeachment.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/fact-check-tweet-trump-impeachment-run-2024-secret-service/index.html

What happens if Trump pardons the people who stormed the Capitol? (Not a pleasant thought IMO.)
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/11/nancy-pelosi-trump-impeachment-25th-amendment-nobles-sot-tsr-vpx.cnn

Live updates about impeachment proceedings.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-impeachment-news-01-11-21/h_b9b3f6283a403cfb9b4a7e948c30e362

10,000+ National Guard troops to be in D.C.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/bowser-avoid-dc-biden-inauguration/index.html

In other news.........

The furry FBI has arrested 3 suspects today for their involvement in last week's insurrection. Kay Alett was arrested for producing and distributing chocolate Kit Kat bombs. Cause the Rat was arrested for vandalizing and defacing property by grafitti with acrylic paints. And Jade Sinapu was arrested for excessive barking, growling, snarling, and chasing at police (as well as postal carriers). All 3 will be charged in a furry court of law on Friday.  :D

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1780 on: January 11, 2021, 07:41:05 pm »
Looking at my beautiful passport, these words pop out at me.

"We the People
Of the United States,
in Order to form a more perfect union,
establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,
provide for the common defence,
promote the general Welfare, and secure
the Blessing of Liberty to ourselves and
our Prosperity, do ordain and establish this
Constitution for the United States of America."

These words have meaning, and I wish others would remember this.
We need to have Tranquility and be a more perfect union.  Not divided.

So sad.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1781 on: January 12, 2021, 01:21:54 am »

In other news.........

The furry FBI has arrested 3 suspects today for their involvement in last week's insurrection. Kay Alett was arrested for producing and distributing chocolate Kit Kat bombs. Cause the Rat was arrested for vandalizing and defacing property by grafitti with acrylic paints. And Jade Sinapu was arrested for excessive barking, growling, snarling, and chasing at police (as well as postal carriers). All 3 will be charged in a furry court of law on Friday.  :D

I will defend my rights! MY art is not vandalizing! Ok, it's not that great. And just because you can't tell what it is supposed to be. Well, you and almost everyone else. I'll call it modern art! Because no one knows  what that is supposed to be either! My modern art is not vandalizing! It may not be beautifying. But it is critically acclaimed! Everyone is critical of it.  :)

Well it looks like Pence is still not willing to use article 25. To his credit he didn't commit treason in Trump's name.  in all honesty no one has the authority to put a time limit on something like article 25. All we can hope for now is Trump will mess up really bad again. He will be speaking live in Texas. Let's hope this time it's something even the republican party can't look away from.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1782 on: January 12, 2021, 12:02:28 pm »
A quote from this article caught my eye today.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/congress-briefing-us-capitol-threats/index.html

QUOTE:
"The member added that lawmakers are hoping National Guard troops who are being dispatched to the capital are vetted, because while lawmakers trust most of them, many will be coming in from all over the country."

Scary to think, isn't it? I've already read some news stories about Capitol police and other law enforcement officers who "didn't do their jobs" when the rioters swarmed the Capitol building. Now we've got more Secret Service agents and thousands of National Guard troops pouring into D.C.. But can we trust any of them? Makes you wonder.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1783 on: January 12, 2021, 04:26:45 pm »
1st Amendment Freedom of Speech doesn't mean what you think it means, folks.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/first-amendment-explainer-2021-trnd/index.html

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #1784 on: January 12, 2021, 04:58:19 pm »
In other news.........

Hey now if you can think of a better way to distribute kit kats to people I'd like to hear it!  >:(
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1785 on: January 12, 2021, 09:33:42 pm »
BREAKING!

Pence does not support invoking the 25th Amendment. I had a slight feeling he wasn't going to support it.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/house-vote-25th-amendment-trump/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/pence-letter/index.html

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1786 on: January 12, 2021, 10:31:15 pm »
Don't resist, Mr. Trump. We're making America great again.  :D

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1787 on: January 13, 2021, 12:50:24 pm »

In the U S infections are over 22.8 million and over 380,000 deaths.

Covid19 is continuing to ravage the country. Killing over 4000 a day. The holiday
serge will continue for another week at least. Many hospitals are being overwhelmed
already, even before this latest serge.

The inauguration should be moved inside, not only to protect Biden and Harris, but
many of our government leaders will be standing or sitting on a platform that can
be seen at a great distance. I am sure  there will be close surveillance of the area
but there isn't any reason to put our leaders at risk from snipers. Any government
protection could remain under Trump's control till 12:01 pm on January 20. So in
theory Trump could order any protective  guard to stand down till his term ends at noon
on the 20th. I hope the plan to  hold it outside  is a diversion to confuse any attack by
any  of Trump's supporters. A better place  would be under the dome within the capital
building, or better yet underground. After all  coverage will be televised across the
nation and the world no matter where it's held.

Reports are the secret service is controlling the security around the capital with high
fences and thousands of armed national guard. Numbers that may exceed 15,000
before the 20th of January. If true, protection might be adequate. But I would feel
better if it was under cover.

We know in spite of Trump's narcissist personality he may actually believe to lose
his re-election would need to be fraudulent. Ever since he started his run for the office
of president. He and those working for him, have done their best to not expose him
to people that didn't support him. All his rally's were setup to be private meetings
between him and those who support him. If a non supporter did manage to get in,
they were quickly removed. So his exposure to the average American was very limited.

Then Trump's links to the far right gave him a lot of support on far right media, and
online from those who believe the far right ideology.

Exposed to crowds of supporters and by the far right media, most anyone could
start to think they should win with ease. This added to a person who thinks they are
better than anyone else, and you have a person that might believe they could only
lose in a rigged election.

Add all that to a man who claims he will work to change government to please the far
right, and worse yet, white supremacist, and you have a president who is a danger to
the country.

All this assumes Trump is a honest man, which he is not. He is a professional con
man, A dishonest salesman who is perfectly willing to sell lies to anyone who is looking
for changes they already want. Over the past 5 years Trump has built a following who
see Trump as a man who will save the country from immigrants, minorities, and homosexuals.
The trouble is it's all a lie, but when his followers finally realize Trump
is only interested in creating a autocracy with him at the top, it would be too late to
remove him. This is why he must not be allowed to ever run for office again, because
he wants to be the a autocratic leader of this country for the rest of his life. A man who
is only interested in his own needs, and no one else's.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1788 on: January 13, 2021, 06:31:40 pm »

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1789 on: January 13, 2021, 08:05:07 pm »

In other news.........

Hey I resemble that remark!
I like the taste of paper and boxes. I just wanted to chew that paper!  Postal carriers carry paper products!
And I was chasing the police because there was another GSD in the car!  And I think it was a female!  :-[
And I am exempt from being tried, I am totally insane, and therefore not responsible for anything I do. Nothing at all.  Nothing I say! NOTHING!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #1790 on: January 14, 2021, 03:22:51 am »
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Huzzah!
Trump has been impeached for a second time! the evil orange stain is being removed! :D

There's still a lot of work left to be done, this is not the end, merely the prelude. There's still a lot of cultists out there still supporting trump and don't forget, dictators always lose the first attempt. He will try again. The law says that he cannot run for president again but he will try.

Never forget these words of wisdom from Picard...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eahs1H9tdcU
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1791 on: January 14, 2021, 01:49:52 pm »

In the U S infections are over 23 million and over 384,000 deaths.

Unfortunately many people across the nation have no desire to be vaccinated against
covid19 unless they feel they are at risk of dying from the virus. This will only help
spread the virus even more, because a lot of people will be carriers of the virus if
hey aren't vaccinated. This decision is being caused not just by followers of Trump, but
those who want to believe weird conspiracy theories about government plans to
implant tracking devices by injection. Then you have those who just don't like the idea
of vaccinations, thinking they cause diseases.

I will be surprised if enough GOP senators have the guts to convict  Trump, even
after he has left office. Doing so would allow a vote to prevent him from ever holding
office again. A vote only requiring a simple majority.  Already GOP senator Grhamn
wants  to forgive Trump because he is afraid Trump's supporters might riot again. This
man should hang his head in shame for ignoring his oath of office, and resign.

-People should never follow any person, group, or media that encourages people to
break the law, cause damage to property, or injury to others. In fact you should see
this as a obvious reason to run away, because anyone or group who supports bad
acts, are being led by criminals, no matter what they claim. Following them will only
lead you to nothing but misery.

Reports are that most GOP members of congress are afraid to do their job, fearing
for themselves and their family. This is why they voted no for Trump's impeachment.
Now I am not going to tell these people to put themselves and their family at risk, but
if they can't, they should resign.  Because allowing criminals to intimidate them
to not do their job, means they have no business doing the work of government.
Just imagine what our country would be like if criminals were allowed to make laws
and do anything they wanted.

I think most of the rioters who attacked the capital, were misled by Trump and others,
but this is no excuse. Laws must be enforced or we have nothing but anarchy.  So
even though some of these rioters are usually good people, they must be held
accountable for their acts. Though Trump has said we can't allow such acts to go
unpunished. It would not surprise me if he pardoned them all just before leaveing office.
After all he said late that day that he loved them. 

Apparently he is worried about being unable to run again, because he is still claiming
he had  nothing to do with the riot, in hopes this will prevent a conviction in
the senate.

I think it's time the moderate members of the GOP worked to  create a new conservative
party. A party that truly believes in law and order, and leave the  political  cowards behind. I
think it's past time we ignore the supporters of the  far
right, and white supremacists to their own dirty work. I think there is enough good
people left in the GOP to support a new party as long as it continued the conservative
values we had many years ago. Values that supported a strong middle class instead
of one who only supports the richest 5% of  Americans.

It would take a lot of work, but even minorities would support a party that considered
the rights of all Americans, and work to eliminate racism in law enforcement.  Also I
think there are other policies they could support once the radicals are eliminated.

Time will tell, but us old no Trump republicans can hope.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1792 on: January 14, 2021, 03:02:46 pm »
First let it be remembered and NEVER forgotten. The Americans who raided the capital building are victims of lies, propaganda and brain washing. Don't be angry at them. Be angry and never forget who did this to them.

Well this was one of the shortest impeachment trials. One day. I didn't watch it but kinda wonder who would speak up for Trump. And speaking of speaking there's a lot of speaking about three republicans who were speaking for months to the leader of the "Stop the Steal" movement. Actually speaking about planning this attack of the US Capital on that exact date. So in a game of cards you have a public speaker who just happen to be speaking on that planned day in front of a large crowd that would not have been there if that speaker wasn't speaking. The same date talked about by three republicans who were speaking to a propaganda organizer. There is a lot of speaking about how there where four republicans who would of had to know about this attack. One of them was actually speaking on that exact date to a crowd who would not have been there if that speaker wasn't speaking. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1793 on: January 14, 2021, 03:29:48 pm »
First let it be remembered and NEVER forgotten. The Americans who raided the capital building are victims of lies, propaganda and brain washing. Don't be angry at them. Be angry and never forget who did this to them.

Well this was one of the shortest impeachment trials. One day. I didn't watch it but kinda wonder who would speak up for Trump. And speaking of speaking there's a lot of speaking about three republicans who were speaking for months to the leader of the "Stop the Steal" movement. Actually speaking about planning this attack of the US Capital on that exact date. So in a game of cards you have a public speaker who just happen to be speaking on that planned day in front of a large crowd that would not have been there if that speaker wasn't speaking. The same date talked about by three republicans who were speaking to a propaganda organizer. There is a lot of speaking about how there where four republicans who would of had to know about this attack. One of them was actually speaking on that exact date to a crowd who would not have been there if that speaker wasn't speaking.

Hey, Cause. How's about stop talking in riddles and guessing games, and instead actually give some links to further information and/or names of people.  >:(

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #1794 on: January 14, 2021, 04:03:38 pm »

I get where you're coming from Cause, and I sympathise to some degree. I feel bad for the people who were strung along, they were misled and brainwashed into this cult, but let me be clear that I believe that at some point you are still you doing the action. Mob mentality is not an excuse for breaking the law. "I was swept up in the moment", "I was following orders", and other such excuses do not justify breaking into the Capitol building. These people stormed in, caused a riot, broke things, stole, they made our representatives afraid for their lives. And while I get a chuckle out of making the spineless republican cowards afraid not all of the GOP are awful trump loyalists.

I feel bad they were misled but that is not an excuse for what happened. They broke the law and even worse they disrespected a place of importance to our government. We're America, we're supposed to be better than this. We're supposed to hold ourselves to a better standard.
They attacked a government building and I genuinely believe they would have done harm and injury to the people working there and if they had got their hands on the electoral votes they probably would have rummaged through them all and destroyed every vote for Biden.
They are traitors to our democracy, our government, our system of election and they need to be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. And frankly, I feel so ashamed of them and their actions I genuinely think they should all serve time in prison and then be deported. They want their own government where trump is king? Fine, goodbye, how about they see if trump will buy an island for all of them to live on. We can take bets on how long it takes before they start eating each other.  :goldbloody:

Yes, I'm still mad about the attack. This wasn't an accident. They didn't trip and fall on a firearm and then stumble up the stairs into the Capitol.
Some things, once done, can never be undone.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1795 on: January 14, 2021, 05:16:24 pm »

I get where you're coming from Cause, and I sympathize to some degree. I feel bad for the people who were strung along, they were misled and brainwashed into this cult...

Sadly there are ways to "hack " someones mind.  Humans have mental weaknesses, and are exploited every day, usually to buy things they do not need.
But yes, at the end of the day, we are supposed to overrule those impulses and weaknesses and use golden rule etc and not hurt or destroy.  We are the ones directing our lives, and we have the power to change our actions.  We have free will.

I've quit great jobs because something in me said "NO".

The people who stormed in the capitol should have been able to say "this doesn't feel right, don't do it".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 06:54:34 pm by Jade Sinapu »
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1797 on: January 15, 2021, 01:45:44 am »
Fare enough Kobuk.

here's a link showing three republicans in contact with the creator of the 'Stop the Steal' propaganda movement. There is evidence that the attack on the Capital was planned. There is talk but no evidence that Trump's speech was also part of this plan. Giving way to the thought that Trump himself knew about this as well.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/13/ali-alexander-stop-the-steal-gop-lawmakers-griffin-sot-nr-vpx.cnn

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1798 on: January 15, 2021, 01:22:26 pm »

In the U S infections are over 23.3 million and over 388,000 deaths from covid19.

President elect Biden has plans to stop covid19 which will help to improve the nations
economy. This will take time, but people need to continue to wear masks, wash hands
and stay out of groups.  If people fail to follow these rules, it will prolong the spread
of covid19 no matter what the government does.

Unfortunately many followers of Trump wish to disrupt the inauguration of president
elect Biden, and VP elect Harris. This will only damage their cause, and turn the good
people of this country against them. 

The followers of Trump must accept the truth. Trump lost the  election of November
3rd, no matter how many times he repeats the lie that the election was stolen
from him. Trump understands if you repeat a lie often enough people will start to
believe it. It just the way the human brain works. To be an effective salesman Trump
has studied the way people think and how to manipulate them. Not in a good way, but
for his own benefit.

People need to understand the government cannot allow people to break the law even
if they think the government is bad. If people want to change the government they only
need to have people run for office, and work to make the desired changes. If the
required majority votes to do so, and it follows the constitution their wishes will be
done. Change by force will never happen. It will only cause harm to the innocent, and
the country.

While an election loss can seem wrong to many people, voter fraud in our country
is very rare. Then when any did happen, it had little or no effect. I know supporters of
Trump want to believe his claims of voter fraud, but if this did happen, all those running
in the same election would have been affected which were not. In fact the GOP gained
seats. If Trump's claims were true, then why didn't the GOP lose seats as well?
If people you like lose an election, then have them run again. If their cause is good
they will eventually win.

People should study the rise of Hitler in Germany, and the rise of Mussolini in Italy.
Both of these men took over their country using lies to convince people to follow them.
All this caused was the demise of their countries with much suffering by the people.

Human nature will never accept autocratic rule. Even though rule by a dictator is very
efficient, but no one man or woman is smart enough to rule a country, They will
eventually turn the people of their country against them, where to hold power, they
will have to use tyrannical force which will eventually cause their demise and the 
downfall of the country.

Terrible people down through history have used lies to gain power. Anyone who lies
must be placed under suspicion, because it is a clue to their true nature, and if
allowed to gain power, will bring ruin to a democratic form of government using lies to
turn misled people against the innocent.

To keep a democratic  form  of government healthy, the people must use  care
to put good people in office. Never believe what they say, but look to see what
they have done.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1799 on: January 16, 2021, 01:10:27 pm »

In the U S infections are over 23.5 million and there are over 391,000 deaths and
it's likely over 400,000 will have died before Biden takes office.

The Trump administration bragged that they were going to have 20 million people
vaccinated by the end of 2020, but only a little over 4 million were vaccinated. Even
now only about 12 million have been done, with reports vaccines still haven't been
delivered as promised. We can only wonder if Trump has caused these delays with
the hope of making the new president look bad.  It wouldn't surprise me if this is
found to be true.

It was reported during the capital riot, the Vice president was almost spotted by
rioters. I just wonder if these people realized they could be shot trying to harm the
vice president? Because the secret service attachment who's job  it is to protect him
at any cost, could have ended up[ killing several rioters. Now that would have put the
fat in the fire once it hit the news.

Also there are reports that private tours of the capital were made the day prior to
the riots. So investigations are ongoing to see who authorized these special tours. To
see if they were men to show rioters how to gain access to congressional members
and their offices. This could lead to the conviction of staff and even members of
congress of collaboration with rioters. Only time will tell.

I think the senates impeachment trial should be put off to give the legislature time
to do the work needed to deal with the pandemic and the economy. Also the senate
needs to  approve the Biden cabinet members as well.

The moment Trump leaves office he will be subject to many law suits and criminal
indictments.  So he isn't going to have much free time to continue his attempt to
maintain his cult of support. Also if he is convicted by a state court of a crime, he
won't be able to run for president ever again. He may try to pardon himself, but it's
doubtful the supreme court will agree, and would open him up for indictment of federal
crimes as well. 

We should let Trump worry over all of these problems first, after all I doubt if there
are 17 GOP senators with the guts to vote for a conviction anyway, and besides,
Trump would love to point to a non conviction by the senate with his claims of
innocence.

I hope social media giants continue to limit posts of hate, and racism on their
internet sites. Yes this does reduce the number of people trafficking their sites,
but it is for the good of us all. These sites allow the weirdo's of the world to spread their
nonsense. Before the internet most of this was only found in supermarket checkout
news stands.  But with social media it's only a click away, and with sites making money
at a penny a click, we need a different way for thees sites to make money. Perhaps they 
should move to a subscription access to have full use of these sites. This might
eliminate  many of those who just spread their stupid ideas with the hope to get a
lot of attention. 

Social media over the years has become a home for many strange people and
weird ideas. Yes you will find there are still people who believe the earth is flat. Also
some still don't believe men ever went to the moon, and many many other ideas
by the ignorant among us. It would be good if all posts to these sites had to be fact
checked prior to the actual posting. Perhaps even to have a charge for each post
as well. Just as newspapers do.

I fear this will be slow in coming  with
huge sums being made allowing free
access.

oldrabbit.com