Author Topic: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.  (Read 120408 times)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: Trump the GOP and Democrats. A new path or more of the same.
« Reply #1800 on: January 17, 2021, 12:58:47 pm »

In the U S infections are over 23.7 millions and nearly 396,000 deaths by covid19.

Hopefully the new administration can get the GOP senators to help pass bills for the
good of the country. If the GOP decides to use the filibuster to prevent the Democrats
from passing laws needed for the good of the people. They will get rid of it. This senate
rule was created to stop the passage of laws designed to help minorities after the civil
war, when southern whites wanted to stop gains by  black Americans.

President elect Biden is very capable with a lot of senatorial  experience. So he may
be able to get work done without changing the filibuster rule. This would be best,
because if the senate goes back to GOP control during the 2022 election, we can
be sure Moscow Mitch will be glad to take advantage of the change just as he did
with the change that allowed the appointment of judges with a simple majority. 

It appears Trump is selling pardons for money, or for personal favors. Though
immoral, Trump while president can pardon as he wishes. I think a pardon bought, just
might be revoked, but only time will tell. As we know Trump hasn't any morals, so he
does what ever he feels will  benefit himself. 

As I have said, Trump could have been an acceptable president, but with no political
experience and being mentally inpomtinent,, along with his desire to only serve himself
made him totally unsuitable for the job.

Sadly he with the support of the far right and the GOP's desire to win the White House
at any cost, he was elected president. So the country has paid dearly for this over the
last four years. Because Trump's lack of knowing how to govern a country, and
desire to turn his election to his own benefit, has undone much of our gains to improve
the environment. Opening up federal lands to big business for political favors. Cutting
taxes for his rich friends. It will take a lot of work by the new president to undo the
damage he has done, and it's likely the GOP will try to prevent the loss of gains they
have gotten during Trump's term of office. Especially tax cuts for their rich supporters.

The worst thing Trump has done during his time in office is to give support to the
far right, and white supremacy. Not so much open support, but a lack of pushing back
against these radical elements of our society. It's unfortunate, but these people have
always existed, but until the election of Obama, they mostly stayed out of sight.

The election of an African American president was too much for them to swallow, so
with the help of the GOP and the far right, they made political gains. I fear it will take
a long time to push them back into hiding, and will continue working to turn the
public against immigrants, minorities and homosexuals.  People they hate, just as
the supporters of Hitler did in the 1930's.

I hope the Biden Administration can succeed in bringing our nation together again.
In spite of those who hate, and wish to turn the country back to the time when
white Americans ruled the country. They are doomed to failure, but unfortunately
many will suffer before they do.  The white race will slowly disappear over time, no
matter what these people want to believe. Hopefully they don't destroy our country
while trying to save control by the white race.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1801 on: January 18, 2021, 01:03:40 pm »

In the U S infections are over 24 million and over 398,000 deaths by covid19.
The virus continues to spread, but the new administration will work hard to
bring it to an end.

The FBI continues to find and arrest those who took part in the capital riots.  Many of
the tips the FBI is receiving are from friends and family of the rioters. I have a hunch
this has surprised many of those who took part. I think we should be proud of those
who are turning in people they know. Because it's an act of patriotism by good
Americans.

President elect Biden will take the oath of office at noon this coming Wednesday.
Soon after he will sign declarations to undo much of Trump's twisted work. Work that
caused suffering by many people across the nation.  Some will take affect quickly,
but some will take time to undo.

Biden still plans to stand in front of the capital to take the oath of office. I understand
there are barriers out beyond any point people can see the capital well enough to
put Biden and others standing there at risk.

By rights the senate should have been working to appoint Biden's cabinet picks over
the last weeks. Instead they haven't done anything since they voted to approve the
electoral vote. So the next several days will be taken up by hearings to approve
Biden's cabinet. In the meantime they will only be acting members. I am sure GOP
senators will try to cause delays where they can, but with  a democrat majority they
can't do a lot to limit the senates work.

It's time the GOP stopped trying to please Trump and those he has misled, and start
acting like true patriots working for the good of the people and the country. Start
telling the truth, instead of spreading Trump's lies.  They should return to their values
of the  past, and leave Trump and the far right behind in the dust bin of history, where
they belong.

Reports are Trump is mostly working to decide who he will pardon while still in office.
I hear there over 100 people hoping to get Trump's blessings before he leaves office.
Some have offered tens of thousands of dollars to Trump's staff to lobby Trump for a
pardon.  This way their offer can't be called a bribe since the lobby is via a staff
member of  Trump. It's likely he will pardon all family he likes, along with a self pardon,
with hopes it will stand. Though it should not, as it would put him above the law.

Today is a federal holiday. Created to commemorate the birth of Martin Luther King Jr.
An African American religious leader of the 1960's. He was assassinated by a radical 
who seemed to think it would stop King's civil right movement for African Americans.

Perhaps the assassin thought it might cause an uprising by black people. Though it did
cause destructive demonstrations in major cities, it failed to start any significant
violence. After all Reverend King preached peace not violence.

I apologize for any misrepresentation of this fine man. Being white in a town of
white people, I can only relate what I saw at the time in the news.

I wish all a good holiday.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1802 on: January 19, 2021, 12:51:02 pm »

In the U S infections  are over 24 million and over 400,000 deaths from covid19.

Tomorrow president elect Biden and Vice  president  elect Harris will take their oath of
office.  The news media has been telling us about all those who feel Trump has his
election  stolen from him.  Well as it turns out, the actual percentage of Americans who
believe it is around 16% of the  population.     Yes this is still a
large number, but not all that large of a percentage of the population.

It's likely more people were upset over president Bush winning with the help of the
supreme court 20 years ago. I am sure with the help of the far right media, Trump will
keep a fair amount of support for some time yet. Though if he becomes ineligible to
run for office again, it's likely that will  finish him.

Trump will give dozens if not hundreds of pardons to friends, and other rich Americans
before he leaves office. There may be a few deserving recipients Trump can point to
so he can claim proper use of his pardon power.  Well he can claim what ever he
wants, but he has pardoned many who were pardoned for loyalty and likely gave
him money on the side, even though that might be hard to prove. It has been
shown he never  gave anyone anything  unless they grease his palm, or did him a favor.

We are fortunate that our founders didn't give the president the power to convict
people, or Trump would have likely sent many innocents to prison. Even yet, over the
last several months Trump has had several on death row put to death. Yes they had
been there for many years, but it's just more proof that Trump has no compassion, it's
him self first, and no one else.

I started this thread right after Trump won in 2016. Mostly to cover how he turned out
as president. I imagine most of those who have followed my daily posts, know I see
him as a terrible president who should have never been elected. Tomorrow I will lock
this thread, because as a private citizen Trump is no longer relevant, or part of our
government. I am sure thousands will continue to write about him, but for me he is just
a man who should be forgotten. I do plan to start a new thread where I will post weekly
about Biden, the ,Democrats, the pandemic and the GOP. If someone feels they want
to start a  new thread about Trump they can, but I see no need for it.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1803 on: January 19, 2021, 02:45:29 pm »
Thank you Old Rabbit.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1804 on: January 19, 2021, 07:08:12 pm »
OR, I think you should finish out this thread through the end of January. Trump may be out of office tomorrow on the 20th, but who knows what shenanigans him and his cronies will do afterwards. I say keep posting in this thread till January 31st. Finish off the month.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #1805 on: January 20, 2021, 05:53:00 am »
OR, I think you should finish out this thread through the end of January. Trump may be out of office tomorrow on the 20th, but who knows what shenanigans him and his cronies will do afterwards. I say keep posting in this thread till January 31st. Finish off the month.
Not a bad idea. If there's anything we should all know about this manbaby its that he will whine the loudest he's ever whined after this and it's going to be something to behold. Plus there's been talk of another insurrection on the 20th, it may or may not happen or they may wait.

Either way OR I want to thank you again for your efforts chronicling this insane period of history. It couldn't have been easy to go through or stay sane through.
*hands you a small carrot cake* You are a true patriot sir.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1806 on: January 20, 2021, 11:48:33 am »

I got to thinking, and Trump is still under  impeachment, so  I am going to unlock  the
thread till either his conviction happens or not. I don't plan on posting much myself, but this will allow  comments and news reports about Trump and his trial in the senate to be posted. I still think if people wish to follow Trump after the trial a new
thread  should be started.

Thanks for the nice comments, and I do hope Trump is convicted, and not allowed to run for any political  office again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:26:28 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1807 on: January 23, 2021, 11:18:44 am »

The impeachment trial is planned to start Feb 8.  Already evidence of president Trump
attempt to steal the election is being gathered. Not just for instigating the riot at the U S
capital, but other attempts as well. It seems president Trump was trying everything he
could to keep his election loss from being officially declared by the Senate. It's very
possible if president Trump had been smarter, he might have pulled it off.

Of course if he had been smarter he would have worked hard to protect the
American public and the economy from covid19. Doing this would have saved his
re-election. But to do that would have required empathy for the people, which he never
had, because he only cares about himself.

You would think the far right media would  be looking for a new GOP leader to support
after the riots of January 6. But no they are playing the victim game, just like Trump
did when things looked bad for him. It's a shame people don't realize these far right
media outlets are just after the money they can make. Because  advertisers will  pay
a lot of money to be on stations with the large audiences they attract with their
political lies, and  misrepresentations. 

Of course the cult of Trump will remain for a while, and playing to them will gain them large audiences.
and a lot of money.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1808 on: January 24, 2021, 12:54:41 pm »

In the U S infections are over 25 million and deaths  are over 418,000  caused by covid19.

Reports are Trump's impeachment defense will center
around free speech.. This might be acceptable, but he
sat in the White House watching the riot he likely started
on TV and did nothing to stop it. This alone breaks his
oath of office that  requires he defend the country from
attacks, domestic as well as foreign.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1809 on: January 24, 2021, 05:19:47 pm »
Old Rabbit. Trump's team uses the 'free speech' angle is proof they know they have no ground to stand on. It has never worked. Then there's the smoking gun of Trump's lawyers all saying they would walk out if Trump continues his plan to commit voter fraud by forcibly changing the results. Yes Trump's lawyers didn't go through with it. But it was Trump's plan. Because our legal system isn't broken Trump should be facing multiple criminal charges. Outside of those against him in office.  Even Trump's lawyers are under fire. Giuliani is facing being disbarred from law by the state of NY. That last waco supported lawyer is facing a 1+ billion lawsuit from the makers of those voting machines. Trump himself should be going up against charges from them soon. Along with a hand full of republicans.

Please everyone. Don't start thinking the Supreme Cort is gong to help Trump. They have not done a single thing in his favor so far. Whether you liked some of their recent rulings or not they have all been constitutional.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1810 on: January 25, 2021, 12:41:08 pm »

Suits  against Trump's emoluments were dismissed by the Supreme court.  I could be wrong, but it seems he got a
win, even though he made a bunch of money with his use of the office of president.

I am sure many of Trump's supporters think the impeachment is just vengeance by
the Democrats, but if we don't hold people accountable for wrong doing, it will
happen again, and the next time could be a lot worse. Besides future presidents need
to know they won't be allowed to break the nations laws.

The GOP is trying to claim they are victims,and not to blaim for anything. Democrats
must not let the GOP get by with this. They are power hungry and want to win
re-election at any cost, and will continue to support Trump to get votes from his
supporters.

If Trump is allowed to run for president again, he will go after the help of the far right
and white supremacists across the nation. Trump loves power, and will do all he can
to regain the presidency.  If this is allowed and is successful, our democracy will be
lost. Because he wants to create a Trump dynasty for himself and family.   He expects
his supporters will gain full control of the GOP, which will give him autocratic  power
over the country,  Where once he has enough support from the justice department and
the military.  Like Russia and China the people  will no longer have a say over their
lives.

So until we can remove far right influence from the GOP, we must not allow any of
their supporters to win elections.  For years now they have been quietly  gaining
support in the GOP, waiting till they have enough members to take over. The next
election just might give them control, so we must vote to remove them.

Trump isn't against abortion,  or homosexuality, or even immigration. He is just using
this to gain political support. Once he has control of the country, he will let all those
white nationalist paramilitary groups go after anyone that speaks out against him or his
policies.  So just like Russia and China, demonstrations won't be allowed unless they \
are in support of him. 

Countries with autocratic systems can be easier to run by leaders, but they will lead to
destruction of the country, because human nature will bring eventual ruin, even by
those who start out with good intentions.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1811 on: January 25, 2021, 03:01:15 pm »
President Biden is quickly removing all the unconstitutional executive orders Trump made. Reality is quickly hitting Trump's legal team. Giuliani has two things now to worry about. Being disbarred and now a 1.3 billion lawsuit against him from the makers of those voting machines. The second of Trumps legal team to get hit. Looking for at least two republican law makers to be charges soon.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1812 on: January 26, 2021, 12:50:18 pm »

Is Trump on the phone talking to GOP senators? In the past it was reported he would
tell them to support him, or he would work for their defeat in primaries and elections.
If this is happening now, wouldn't it be the same as a defendant in a court trial threatening
members of the jury so they would vote in his favor? Wouldn't this be a crime as it would be
in a court trial? I haven't heard anyone on the news bring this  up, but it seems like it should be
looked into. I am sure lawyers involved to convict ex-  president Trump are a lot smarter than
I am, so one would think they would be doing  so. If this kind of interference isn't a crime it
should be.

I hear Trump wants to create a new party, I say go right ahead, because it will
only harm the GOP, and a third party wouldn't likely get enough support to do
much of anything.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1813 on: January 30, 2021, 11:56:30 am »

The Trump cult is still alive, and will destroy the GOP as a major party unless the party
leadership works against  this dangerous cult and ex-president Trump. A congressional
GOP leader traveled to Florida to beg Trump to not start a new party. He
and the GOP leadership know a third party would make it all but impossible for the
GOP to win elections over the Democrats.

However members of the Trump cult are starting a new party anyway, and if Trump decides to
support it, the GOP could be in serious trouble during the next election.

This push by racist people raised it's ugly head in the early years of the 20th century.
The streets of Washington had a march of thousands of members of the K K K in white
sheets no less. It wasn't till the great depression brought on by the collapse  of the
world economy, and a world war that turned the country away from becoming a fascist state.

Even at that the country turned a boatload of Jewish children away, forcing them to
return to Germany, where they likely ended up in a concentration  camp to die.

Trump pushed for nationalism while in office.  He did this to gain support, because
he saw it was a growing desire among white Americans across the country. it is
unfortunate, but this dangerous idea is spreading around the world, and encouraged
by authoritarian leaders, because they see it as a way to destroy democracies.

Putin of Russia has been working to spread nationalism in
Europe. Nato has been a thorn in Putin's backside, and he knows nationalism would
wreck this European community. Allowing him more influence over the region. He
wants to re-create the Soviet Union which would restore a large buffer of friendly
nations in case of a land war with the west.  Russia down through history has been
a victim of foreign invasions, and wish this to never happen again.

Trump with his desire to befriend Putin, did little to protect NATO, in fact he was
pulling American  forces out of NATO during his time as president. By doing this, NATO 
countries might  feel the need  to make deals with Putin, fearing the loss of  American
military support. 

If this spread of nationalism continues around the world, there is a strong possibility
it could cause another world war. A war that could go nuclear which would destroy
civilization as we know it. Something the super rich best work to stop, or they will end
up with nothing as well.

The nations of this world need to work together, to help each other. Nations that are
only concerned wit their own needs could end up feeling the need to  invade their
neighbors. This of course is how wars start, and I fear this is where our world is
headed with these nationalistic movements.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1814 on: January 30, 2021, 04:19:53 pm »
Honestly hope Trump's supporters do start a new political party. Looking at this mathematically. Bernie Sanders was asked not to run as an independent in 2020. He agreed knowing that if he ran it would split the non republican votes into two. If Trump supporters start a new party the same mathematical thing will happen to the republican party.  They stood by and created Trump. They now own that problem. If they don't make a stand now they wont have a leg to stand on in two years.

As far as how congress and the house should deal with Trump and what happened on Jan.6. They shouldn't. They are not part of our legal system. This should be in the hands of the DOJ, CIA and the FBI. The only thing they could do is impeach him for it. With Trump already out of office this is kind of a waste of time. It would be like a former employer writing you up a few months after you left that job. The only real thing it would do is show a bipartisan stand against what happened. With the republican party broken this will not happen.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1815 on: January 31, 2021, 02:57:02 am »
And speaking of the impeachment proceedings. Part of his legal team just walked out on him. Trump want's to continue his lie about the election. They said no and walked out. His freedom of speech angle would be thrown out of court.  His lawyer's defense on why Trump can't be impeached because he's no longer president floats like a rock. He did this crime wile he was president. Impeachment is the only coarse of action our government has. The rest would have to be done outside of the house and senate.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/butch-bowers-deborah-barbier-trump-impeachment-team/index.html

Trump's got home troubles too. Apparently he doesn't want to honor the legal agreement he signed when he turned Mar-a-Largo into a privet club. Legally he can't live there.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/politics/legal-review-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1816 on: January 31, 2021, 01:00:48 pm »
And speaking of the impeachment proceedings. Part of his legal team just walked out on him. Trump want's to continue his lie about the election. They said no and walked out. His freedom of speech angle would be thrown out of court.  His lawyer's defense on why Trump can't be impeached because he's no longer president floats like a rock. He did this crime wile he was president. Impeachment is the only coarse of action our government has. The rest would have to be done outside of the house and senate.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/butch-bowers-deborah-barbier-trump-impeachment-team/index.html

Trump's got home troubles too. Apparently he doesn't want to honor the legal agreement he signed when he turned Mar-a-Largo into a privet club. Legally he can't live there.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/29/politics/legal-review-trump-mar-a-lago/index.html

Perhaps he could put up a tent on his  golf course and live with his body guards. Hi Hi.

Nice post  Mr Rat.  I don't think Trump is going to find a lawyer who wants disbarment trying to defend a lie. 
Of course he could always threaten a GOP  congressman into defending him.
There are plenty of them to choose from.
It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.
But I think the only way he can be kept from running
for political office again is by using the 14th  amendment
against him.  That is if  the supreme court  agrees.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1817 on: January 31, 2021, 08:21:44 pm »

Perhaps he could put up a tent on his  golf course and live with his body guards. Hi Hi.

Most cities have laws against using tents and campers for permanent occupancy. And by law he not only can't live there but can't receive mail there either. You have to be able to live at a location for more than 30 days to get mail. According to Florida state laws Trump can only live at Mar-a-Largo seven days at a time.

And speaking of home troubles the state of NY is demanding more of Trump's tax documents be released. Below is a quote from CNN,

"James' office has been investigating Trump and the Trump Organization since 2019, when Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen testified before Congress that the former President's annual financial statements inflated the values of his assets in order to secure favorable loans and insurance coverage, but deflated the value of other assets in order to reduce real estate taxes. "

Don't look like Trump's going to return to NY any time soon either. Guess Russia is getting to look more homie all the time..... :D

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1818 on: February 01, 2021, 01:00:38 pm »

Yes the impeachment seems a waste of time, but it does give GOP members a
chance to show their true colors.

Trump's lawyers will be busy for quite some time. It's a shame Trump isn't required to
show up at all of his court troubles.  Hopefully prosecutors will come down on him hard,
because he will try to wiggle out of them like the worm he is.

I doubt if Trump would ever live in a tent anyway.  But he might get one of
those bus sized motor homes, and park it here and there with a little trailer in tow for the
secret service to sleep in.  Also he could perhaps get a post office box for mail, or
have people send it to one of his resorts.  With Trump's money he could just rent
a penthouse nearby to live in.  Though I am sure Trump would rather stay at one
of his resorts, so he could get the  government to pay him to house his secret service
protection.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1819 on: February 01, 2021, 03:11:53 pm »
Old Rabbit. The government pays for the secret service for every x-president. One of the reasons why Trump can't go back to NY is the building itself. In order to protect Trump the government would have to evict all the tenants below Trumps condo. Back when Trump got elected he wanted to stay at that location. The city of New York told him no. There are no laws that would allow Trump to evict people for that reason. It's still America.

Apparently Trump is keeping millions donated to him, not to re run for office, for himself and his legal troubles. You know what's funny? There's laws against that too.

On a side note. That group called "Black Lives Matter". You remember, the one Trump called a terrorist group. They have been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. I bet right wing media is wetting themselves over this.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1820 on: February 04, 2021, 12:45:21 pm »

I think that is great about Black Lives Matter winning a Nobel prize. I bet  Trump had a fit when he heard
about it, because he wanted one really bad.

It seems the GOP wants to copy Trump's style of politics, using conspiracies and lies
to build cult like support for their party. This type of support can convince people of
most anything. Even totally crazy ideas that have nothing to support them but lies.
Look at Trump, after over 20,000 lies, his followers still want to believe any lie he tells
them.  I heard one man call deaths by covid19 a pack of lies. This kind of blind
support is very dangerous to this country and society as thisman  doesnt see any reason
to protect himself or those around him from covid19.

Hopefully there are enough people to punish those in the GOP for this anti social
nationalistic plan of theirs. Because if they succeed it will destroy the country and our
way of life. Hopefully the justice department will declare those who wish to use violence
to get their way as terrorists. Already Canada has done this for those groups they
see in our country using violence. I am sure they fear these groups could gain
support there, and will work to stop it.

The impeachment trial is just the tip of Trump's legal troubles. He has lawsuits
galore, and could end up in court due to charges of election fraud, and tax fraud.
 I am sure his lawyers will try to delay all these legal issues till Trump has a 
chance to run for president again in 2024. If he was able to win, he would have the
office of president to protect him from his legal issues once more.

The senate hasn't  approved an  attorney General yet. I wonder if the GOP is delaying this
to slow indictments of Trump, or his cronies he forgot to  pardon till after the senate so called trial.

I doubt if Trump would ever live in a tent anyway.  But he might get one of
those bus sized motor homes, and park it here and there with a little trailer in tow for the
the secret service, and charge them to sleep in it.  Also he could perhaps get a post
office box for mail, or  have people send it to one of his resorts.  With Trump's money
he could just rent a penthouse nearby to live in.  Though I am sure Trump would
rather stay at one of his resorts, so he could get the government to pay him to
house his secret service  protection.

oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1821 on: February 04, 2021, 03:00:25 pm »
Fox news network has been hit with a 2.7 billion law suit.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/media/smartmatic-fox-news-giuliani-powell-lawsuit/index.html

And wouldn't you know it. They are now debunking their own lies about this election. I'll have to ask a few of their fans at work so see what they think about being lied to. Or if Fox is lying to them now.

And speaking of lies. Trump has been requested to testify at his impeachment trial. His lawyers don't want him there. Not subpoenaed but they are leaving that open as a legal right if Trump refuses.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/politics/impeachment-trial-trump-testify/index.html

Yes I'm happy.  :D  (:  :D  (:  :D

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1822 on: February 06, 2021, 01:07:43 pm »

Will Trump show up to defend himself on the floor of the senate?  It's not likely
because his lawyers know Trump can't be trusted to hold his tongue from talking
too much, and would likely start claiming the election was stolen from him again.
Something the GOP have no interest in, as it just adds to the reason for his conviction.

President Biden isn't going to approve giving Trump state secrets because he can't
be trusted to keep his mouth shut, and could end up harming the governments 
work with other countries. Especially after his reported support of the capital riots 
in January.

It seems the GOP is  facing a split in their party, With the Trump supporters on one
side and those not supporting him on the other. Ever since Trump was kicked off much
of social media, he hasn't been seen, even on far right media, who are losing millions
by not having Trump on for his supporters to see. Now with the huge lawsuit against
Fox News, I imagine other far right media sites  are being careful who they want to
blaim for Trump's loss.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1823 on: February 08, 2021, 01:03:04 pm »

If the
 impeachment trial does nothing else, it will likely show how little the far right

controlled GOP cares  about the law, the nation or the constitution. If nothing else, Trump
has  proved a sucker is born every minute, and the GOP is standing with him.
Already you  can see the far right side of the GOP using the Trump style of politics,
because they  expect it to  help them to not only retake power, but to keep power for
the  foreseeable future, even if  they must destroy our democracy to do it.

Perhaps most GOP congressional members feel to save the nation, they must keep
power, because they fear the Democrats will push the country toward socialism, which
goes against the desire of the rich. Especially  the super rich who use their money
trying to control the GOP. I fear the far right will take the GOP
too far with their desire to keep people of color under white control. This fascist plan
by the far right will only tare the  country apart. if the GOP continue to support far right extremists.

I don't think even Trump understands how limited his control is, because once
unleashed, rioting mobs only respond to overwhelming force, and would spread nation
wide if allowed to start. I often worried that people leaving a Trump rally might go on
a rampage, just as they did at the capital if directed by him. Trouble is a man like
Trump would just point and walk away as he did in early  January. Leaving his followers
to deal with what comes after. During one of his early rally's, he promised to pay the
legal bills for his followers if they attacked an anti Trump demonstrator. This turned
out to be a lie, as some of Trump's followers found out later.

I think most people who voted for Trump in 2016 felt he would change if he became
president. Unfortunately by 2020 Trump had convinced many in the GOP that he was
good for the country with all his lies, tweets, and rally's., knowing  how to sell
himself from long experience soon had his followers believing anything he said, and
many of them still do, or won't admit even to themselves  it was a mistake to support
him.

Trump, a master of the con, has created a cult following, and once caught up in
a cult, it's hard for people to admit the cult leader is a bad person, much less turn away
from one. Knowing this, Trump will take full advantage of those he has worked
hard to mislead. This is why he must be indicted and hopefully convicted  of his crimes.
If not he will attempt to regain the presidency in 2024. If  successful with his previous
experience he will work hard to gain authoritarian control over the country, and if the
far right GOP has control of the senate and house, he just might succeed.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Old Rabbit

• Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #1824 on: February 10, 2021, 12:34:40 pm »

It's been reported that Trump isn't happy with the defense his lawyers are presenting.
It's also been reported the reason he fired other lawyers is because they refused to
use his desire to claim he is secretly still president, and calling president Biden
illegitimate. Perhaps he will find some lawyers willing to risk their careers to please
him by repeating his lies on the senate floor in his defense. Only time will tell. I think
it would be fine if Trump himself showed up in his own defense.  Its likely he would
turn GOP senators faces red with his lies and claims.

I agree with senator Ted Cruz when he called this impeachment trial political theater,
because it is. The founders apparently never dreamed a entire political party like the GOP
would  turn against the constitution, especially the senate.  Or they would have set up a non
political way to convict  a president. The senate unlike the house is supposed to be
mostly non political, but  over the years it has fell to political expediences instead of
following constitutional norms. I fear it's virtually impossible to keep politics  out of
government, because human nature will cause a lot of people to put their own desires
over those of the voters and the country.

This is why we desperately need term limits, because some people think only they
know what is best for the country. Or worse yet, they work for their own benefit if
allowed to make office holding a career.  Being in the house or the senate should be
one of honor, not for personal gain.

Sometimes I wish there was a way to have a non human entity to setup rules for us all.
Say a alien with the power and intelligence to bring the people of the world together  in
peace and prosperity. A dream unfortunately, but I fear humanity will destroy it's
self before it become smart enough to create a world of peace.  Because the human
brain is for it's self, and only intellect can overcome that instinctual self desire.

oldrabbit.com