Author Topic: Haiku/Short Poems by Apollo the Incinermyn...  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Apollo the Incinermyn

• Time betrays us all in ways unimaginable...
  • Male
Haiku/Short Poems by Apollo the Incinermyn...
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:03:42 pm »
Hmm...  I'd been mulling it over for a few days and finally worked myself into a tantrum, panicking over decided I wanted to post some of my poetry here (the little of it that I have).  So before I talk myself out of it once again by agonizing over just how bad I know my poems are and how much I know everyone's going to hate me for posting it here I've got here a few short poems I wrote for a Creative Writing class back in junior college.  Now, I have to admit this before I post them my skills, or lack there of, in the poetic arts are absolutely abominable at best poetry isn't my strongsuit...  Even so, I hope these go well though I know just how bad they really are...  *shivers*

1.) A wolf and rabbit
near sunrise meet. Wolf is fed.
The rabbit is dead.

2.) In the lake water,
an eagle spots its next meal.
A largemouth bass.

3.) After suppertime,
the pack turned their faces skyward,
baying at the moon.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:29:12 pm by Apollo the Incinermyn »

Offline 489109

• Male
Re: Haiku/Short Poems by Apollo...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 11:38:58 pm »
You know I just can't approve of the carnivorousness themes. I mean couldn't the last line of number one be: The rabbit had fled. And what is the rule on the haiku again, 5-7-5? Or can that be flexible. I'm not a haiku-er so I really don't know.

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 11:58:30 pm »
There used to be an old haiku thread... I miss it so much  :'(
What life gave to us
was quickly taken away
and returned no more
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 07:47:10 am »
You know I just can't approve of the carnivorousness themes. I mean couldn't the last line of number one be: The rabbit had fled. And what is the rule on the haiku again, 5-7-5? Or can that be flexible. I'm not a haiku-er so I really don't know.

Hmm...  I think I might've chosen carnivorous themes out of instinct or something, trying not to make myself sound like a wimp...not sure...  Anyways, yeah, 5-7-5 is the rule for haiku and a very strict one at that.  If memory serves, the first two are just short poems because they're one syllable too short (and I only re-edited them because my professor said they sounded better that way); but then, looking them over, maybe they are haikus after all...I haven't touched these in a few years, I was just thinking of them as something to post quick.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Re: Haiku/Short Poems by Apollo the Incinermyn...
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 09:52:13 pm »
Must try to write some haikus for upcoming FCN conbook.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Male
Re: Haiku/Short Poems by Apollo the Incinermyn...
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:33:51 pm »
And I was thinking about trying some more, just to see what I can come up with.  Good luck with yours, Rocket.