Author Topic: Discord Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Ahead)  (Read 5258 times)

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
Re: Discord Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Ahead)
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 03:28:11 pm »
There was something that (mildly) bugged me about Discord's character.  For Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity, he formed a pattern of manipulating each pony to abandon the element of harmony that they represent.  But in Rainbow Dash's case, he manipulated her into abandoning her loyalty for her friends... in favor of her loyalty to an entire pegasus pony city that might have also been her hometown.  And as has already been noted, he never actually manipulated Fluttershy into abandoning her kindness; he just kinda arbitrarily blasted her full of his magic to make her mean.  For both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, his previously established pattern was broken.

Aside from that, I loved the new episode.  I can't wait for the second.  It's going to feel weird, though, to have to wait an entire week between episodes, particularly after having seen season 1 in marathon-like bursts...
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Discord Thread (WARNING: Spoilers Ahead)
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 12:13:13 pm »
My favorite line so far from Discord.

Did you miss me Celestia? I missed you...
It's quite lovely being encased in stone, but you wouldn't know that would you? Because I don't turn ponies into stone.

I love the feeling in his voice, the subtle indignation in it.

Like he's passivly saying "You claim to be better than me yet you do to me something I NEVER would have done to anypony!"
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home