Author Topic: Desert spirit, slinking in~  (Read 7106 times)

Offline Aerisyka

• Female
    • http://aerisyka.deviantart.com
Desert spirit, slinking in~
« on: June 01, 2011, 05:47:31 am »
Well hey there! I'm not a new watcher, in fact, I've had the position for about a year now. I've just kept neglecting to make a post here since I learned that I could, though I suppose now's as good a time as ever!

I'm a coyote, and I've been part of Furtopia for nearly seven years! I don't always post as regularly as I used to, but I am around quite a bit. (watching!) I reside in central Illinois, going to college. Rats are my favorite animals and I currently share my life with three of them. <3 I'm a very strong supporter of animal welfare, and believe in taking the best possible care of any animal that enters your life. Other than that, I love Grey's Anatomy and Pokemon, learning about science and medical things, and collecting toys. I've recently been very into learning about body modification as well (though, have always been an enthusiast.)

I draw, and you can find me at Furaffinity and DA, as well as Livejournal, where I spend an inordinate amount of internet time. :3

Feel free to ask me questions, drop me a PM, or strike up a conversation! I might be quiet at first, but I'm all for meeting new friends.
We have a fascination with the darkness, although we're standing in light.
We have the strongest sense of kindness, but we still can't treat our own selves right.

<:3=*)~

Icon by 22mg!

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Desert spirit, slinking in~
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 10:51:06 am »
What in particular interests you about body modification? I don't know anything really about the subject.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 07:40:57 am »
Haha, well, that took long enough! ;) Glad to see you make a thread here, though!

I think you might be one of the few folks left who was on Furtopia before my time. How'd you find the place? What made you decide to stick around for so long?

Also, I always wondered - how come your fursona is a coyote and not a rat?

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:43:47 pm »
I reside in central Illinois, going to college.

Do you mind if I ask which college?  I myself live in central Illinois, and I'm also attending college in central Illinois (UIUC, to be exact).
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »
*Pokes head in* Well, good to see you around!  ;)
"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline Aerisyka

• Female
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 03:29:12 am »
What in particular interests you about body modification? I don't know anything really about the subject.

The idea of using your body as a canvas (in relation to tattoos and such) has always fascinated me, and I think in many cases, when done properly and tastefully, it can greatly accentuate a person's appearance and be incredibly beautiful and cool-looking! Plus I like sparkly things, so looking at varieties of jewelry is always a fun time. :D

As for the more extreme stuff, (implants, surgical modifications) I totally enjoy reading about it due to my interest in semi-medical procedures and seeing people's interesting ideas, but it's usually not something I'd consider having done to myself!

I think you might be one of the few folks left who was on Furtopia before my time. How'd you find the place? What made you decide to stick around for so long?

Also, I always wondered - how come your fursona is a coyote and not a rat?

I actually found the place via googling for furries, after a friend on one of the roleplay forums I used to be a part of made a thread about them. It kinda became one of my internet homes back in the day, and never left the list of sites I visit regularly. Even though most of the people I talked to when I started have since moved on, I still think it's a fun place to browse with a good sense of community. :3

Ah, good question! I love rats, but I don't have the same sort of intrinsic connection on a personal level with the species. The coyote just fits me as a person in every aspect, by nature and mannerisms. I feel a strong connection to the Native American mythology associated with it as well, and I think it accurately describes what I am and what I aim to be. (I want to throw the word "spiritual" in there, but it seems a little silly. (: )
I do have an alternate rat fursona that I doodle sometimes, but she's more of a separate character.

Do you mind if I ask which college?  I myself live in central Illinois, and I'm also attending college in central Illinois (UIUC, to be exact).
I'm at Heartland Community down in Bloomington. You're not too far away! I hear there's a fair number of furries living up in the Champaign/Urbana area.
We have the strongest sense of kindness, but we still can't treat our own selves right.

Icon by 22mg!

Offline the crystal husky

• lover of husky's
  • Male
    • my forum
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 05:07:23 am »
hello, do you mind me asking what aspect of being a furry you love most? 8)
remember a smile costs nothing to give but could hold so much power to the person you give one to :)

Offline Aerisyka

• Female
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:18:26 pm »
Oops, sorry it took me a second to get back to this!

Hm, well, the community aspect is pretty nice. I've met a lot of really great people through being involved with furry culture, and then there's that whole sense of "wow, a whole group of people that like the same kind of offbeat thing I do!"

But overall, I'd have to say the art. I just really like drawing animal people. :D And it's inspired a lot of my creativity/drive to improve!

Icon by 22mg!

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 01:24:27 am »
I like your new avvy!  It has a strange yet intriguing blend of cute and attitude.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:14:23 pm »
Aerisyka has been away for a long time and has been respectfully dismissed from her Watcher position due to inactivity.
Her staff thread will now be closed.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#