Author Topic: Burger Kings new low  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Burger Kings new low
« on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:54 am »
Has anyone seen the "newest" item offered by BK recently? They're selling Mc Nuggets! Seriously, they look just like Mc Nuggets and probaly taste like them too, though i havn't gotten any yet.

The big kicker? They're calling them chicken tenders!  :D :D :D :D

>:( Seriously BK, they're Chicken Mc Nuggets, don't insult our intelligence.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
Re: Burger Kings new low
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:13:07 am »
If BK really wants to copy the chicken McNugget, they would have to make it with corn, as that is the main ingredient in a chicken McNugget.  One would logically think it would be chicken. Nope.
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:41 am »
They could call them "chicken nuggets" and still get away with it, but tacking the "mc" on the beginning of things is a McDonalds schtick and would get them sued.  However, I'm sure they want to avoid reminding people of their competitor, hence "tenders." :D
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:19:54 am »
That's not as bad as they've done before. Does anybody remember that one commercial where The King sneaked into McDonald's headquarters and stole the egg McMuffin blueprints? Seriously, the tagline was, "It's not that original, but it's only a buck."
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 09:45:21 am »
That's not as bad as they've done before. Does anybody remember that one commercial where The King sneaked into McDonald's headquarters and stole the egg McMuffin blueprints? Seriously, the tagline was, "It's not that original, but it's only a buck."
He's climbin' in yo HQ, snatchin' yo blueprints up! :D

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 04:08:33 pm »
"Burger King, the OTHER Mc Donalds."
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:15 pm »
So what? Everyone knows Burger King's strategy is to just take whatever McDonald's is doing and do it better. And that's why I love them.

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:38:58 pm »
So what? Everyone knows Burger King's strategy is to just take whatever McDonald's is doing and do it better. And that's why I love them.

And how!  Too bad the rest of my family doesn't agree...

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 03:56:21 pm »
I'll admit that Burger King does have some good tasting burgers, but what they lack is variety.

McDonalds has the Big Mac, vanilla cheese and hamburgers, Quarter Pounders, Big 'n' Tasty, the three Angus sandwiches, the *licks lips* filet-o-fish, and more.

Burger King's got the Whoppers, the Stackers, the Steakhouse Burgers, and then vanilla cheese and hamburgers.

And come on, let's be honest. Nobody can beat McDonald's fries, save for perhaps Chick-Fil-A and their signature waffle fries, now cooked with canola oil! *Contract Required Plug Fulfilled*

While BK may be the king, McDonalds would have to be the pope.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 05:15:23 pm »
And come on, let's be honest. Nobody can beat McDonald's fries, save for perhaps Chick-Fil-A and their signature waffle fries, now cooked with canola oil! *Contract Required Plug Fulfilled*

I beg to differ, especially since the main ingredient in Mc Donald's fries is salt. Salt and stale.  >:(

For fries, I'd have to go with either Culvers, or Braums (both regional chains but Culvers has a few nation wide). Crinkle Cut fries FTW!  :D

Though the BK Oreo Sundae Shake = <3 So long as they have the extra big blue straws so the oreo pieces can fit through it.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 05:18:31 pm »
Sky has a good point, though i too have a place in my heart for BKs stackers i hate that they took out the quad stacker. :'(

Still there are other plaaces to go get my daily does of a full cow's body equivalent of beef. Like What-a-Burger.

What-a-Burger has a triple meat/cheese burger that is massive! it puts the double quarter pounder to shame. I'm just not happy unless after eating my burger I'm panting like just ran a mile in under a minute. :D

I beg to differ, especially since the main ingredient in Mc Donald's fries is salt. Salt and stale.  >:(
According Modern Marvels on the History Channel Mc D's, BK and Wendy's fries are actuallhy all the same.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Narei Mooncatt

• Knight of the Road
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 05:23:25 pm »

I beg to differ, especially since the main ingredient in Mc Donald's fries is salt. Salt and stale.  >:(
According Modern Marvels on the History Channel Mc D's, BK and Wendy's fries are actuallhy all the same.
Maybe if you go by the book, but seems like every Mc Donald's I go to (and I do try to limit it of course) showers their fries in so much salt that you can't even taste the actual fry. BK is a bit better, and I actually think Wendy's fries are the best of the 3. They may all start off as a potato, but I think for all practical purposes that's where the similarity ends.
I've got a 53' tail. Truck driver by trade, professional tourist by choice.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »
And nothing beats a McD's Egg McMuffin sandwich. Mmmmmm. :) Yum!

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 09:22:27 pm »
And nothing beats a McD's Egg McMuffin sandwich. Mmmmmm. :) Yum!
That is good, but I adore the Bacon Egg 'n' Cheese biscuit with a glass of milk. (And hashbrowns, of course.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 01:28:32 am »
Success breeds many offspring. I've seen it happen in the food processing industry.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 01:40:41 am »
I do not think Burger King is coping MC Donald's, Carl's Jr came out with their chicken tender thing about the same time.  I wonder the success of Buffalo Wild Wings has anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:21:18 pm by Acton »

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 06:43:44 pm »

For fries, I'd have to go with either Culvers, or Braums (both regional chains but Culvers has a few nation wide). Crinkle Cut fries FTW!  :D
I honestly think out of the 4 fast food chains within biking distance, Wendys has the best tasting fries, If its best fries period, probably a place called El Famous Burritos, because whats better then a French-Mexican alliance in your mouth?
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline knightpazz

• what's a tummy :/
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 11:13:17 pm »

Though the BK Oreo Sundae Shake = <3 So long as they have the extra big blue straws so the oreo pieces can fit through it.
[/quote]
OMG Burger King oreo milkshake
Check this out
Burger Kings oreo milkshake has the exact same ingredients as DAIRY QUEEN'S oreo ''blizard''
in between the war of copyright,stocks,and unemployment
there's a place were you can still get a full meal with a oreo milkshake for 4.00$ yay
If penguins had knees the world would be doomed

Offline Sky Striker

• Male
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 09:40:58 am »

OMG Burger King oreo milkshake
Check this out
Burger Kings oreo milkshake has the exact same ingredients as DAIRY QUEEN'S oreo ''blizard''
in between the war of copyright,stocks,and unemployment
there's a place were you can still get a full meal with a oreo milkshake for 4.00$ yay

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the ingredients were the same for the Chick-Fil-A Oreo Cookies n' Cream milkshake too. It's pretty simple, milkshake base, icecream, and Oreo cookie bits.

Also, why did you write your response in enjambment poem form?