Author Topic: The Necromancer [Book 1]  (Read 8593 times)

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
The Necromancer [Book 1]
« on: December 02, 2011, 12:46:55 am »
The Necromancer   [Book 1]

The  Story,

Magic was a double edged sword.  Strong willed and often reckless men would train their entire lives to become masters in their field;  Pryomancers that could rain fire on a strategic battlefront,  Priests that could distract and blind their enemies with powerful bursts of light capable of slicing through the dark legions of the undead,  summon lightning,  bend nature and trees to fight beside them,  and conjure impossible elixirs, potions,  and curses.  For all unnatural ability,  there is a price to pay.  No one gains anything for nothing.  The cost of their power is payed in years that such a practitioner of magic will never live.  The lifespan of a mage almost always drops to 50-75% the average lifespan of their race,  and intense battles can incapacitate them from the amount of physical strain placed on their bodies.

It is this, that lured greedy and reckless men into the dark magic of necromancy.  Learning it was forbidden in every race and culture;  It was punishable by public execution.  Even the infinitely amoral dark elves forbade it. Necromancy and the dark arts drained the life and power from those killed by it.  A Necromancer could achieve eternal 'life' through the murder of the living.  A powerful necromancer would never be tired and would never grow old or weak.  Their dark magics focused primarily on their ability to animate the dead to do their bidding.

Many are drawn to necromancy believing they can control the power,  and use it to bring order to a chaotic and violent world.  They believe they can use the power for good,  and gain their strength through the death of only evil men.  But such unbridled power corrupts the minds of even the purest of heart.

While normally the might of an entire city is enough to obliterate anyone foolish enough to try necromancy,  there are those who slip through the cracks.  After watching his wife and children dragged into the forests along with the rest of his town by the shrill and vile dark elves,  a young priest named Gesgrim turned to the only thing he knew could give him the power he needed to take matters into his own hands.  After mere months of study and practice, Gesgrim launched an attack into the dark elf camp and mercilessly slaughtered them.  Every one he killed was one more that fought on his side.  The former priest's children were saved as a result,  but the priest,  having killed over a hundred living creatures was experiencing the rush of his life.  The power surged through him.

...But every unnatural power comes at a cost.  No one gains anything for nothing.  The priest's mind was no longer his own.  It wasn't long before his new-found addiction manifested itself again.

Centuries later,  the combined power of the wood elves,  the high elves,  the dwarves,  and both major human cities was required to push the necromancer's undead legion into the far south,  an icy,   harsh,  and entirely unforgiving region.  A blockade spanning seemingly endlessly of priests,  mages,  and men of war kept the tide of the dead at an impasse.  Only a relic from the past could have allowed the necromancer to dispel the light magic of the priests,  and wage war against the entire realm.

The  World,

This thread is based in “The Realm of Ley'air”
Races here:   http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=42727.msg817308#msg817308
And explanation of magic here:  http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=42727.msg817310#msg817310

The Rules,

There are,  of course,  some Rules.  Most of them are fairly common but please take a moment to review them as a few are not.

1. Minimum of 4 full sentences per post.  This is not optional.
2. Please write in past tense and in the third person. [A]
3. Please take care to spell things correctly,  and use proper punctuation and grammar.  Not everyone is the best at this but a little effort and running your post through a word processor goes a long way.
4. Please do not add color,   special font size,  or a different font to your post.
5. No Godmodding,   omniscience,  or overly powerful characters. [B]
6. Do not autohit,  or take control of other player's characters. [c]
7. Kaloth is the co-OP on this thread and holds the same authority in guiding the story.  Anything he says goes.

Notes:
[A] Example
Correct:                     The Wolf sat idly by the felled log,  sipping steaming tea from metal cup.
Incorrect:                   The Wolf sits idly by a felled log,  sipping steaming tea from metal cup.
Incorrect:                   I drink tea from a metal cup by a felled tree.
Extremely incorrect:   i am a wolf  *drinks tea from a metal cup*

[B] A detailed post on Goddmodding and power playing.

[c] Example
Correct:                   The wolf pulled the bowstring back,  and taking careful aim,  launched an arrow towards the heart of the fox.
Incorrect:                 The wolf shot the fox in the heart,  brutally killing him.
Extremely incorrect:  The wolf shot the fox in the heart.  The fox screamed in pain and dropped to the ground,  crying begging for mercy from his killer.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race/Faction:
Background:
Skillset:

Approved Characters:

Player:   Character:
Alsek:Terrence Lambert
Carter CatFoxFaldwin Corvette Naidisbo
Chops FlynnFlynn Daley
Kaloth:Elarian Sha'nathir
KaelHumba
Mylo:Axel de'Invari
Necro:Leslie
PsychotixxFoxx:Ara
RedYoshi49q:Riél

If you and your character are not on this list,  please do not post in character content.  Thank you.

Credit to Kaloth as the co-writer and co-op.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 11:54:20 pm by Alsek »

Offline Alsek

Re: The Necromancer [Book 1]
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:07 am »
Character Sheet:

Name:   Terrence Lambert
Race/Faction:  Bat
Appearance:  A stately gray bat in noble's attire.
Background: A fallen noble in hiding,  T. Lambert is seeking to re-establish his title as a noble.  He has been tasked with a matter of the utmost importance that may accomplish exactly that.
Skillset: Shooting.  Political manipulation and connections.

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 01:03:38 am »
Name:  Elarian Sha'nathir
Race/Faction:  High elf (exiled does miscellaneous jobs) [NOTE: This character received special permission.]
Appearance: A tall, fairly slender looking elf who is constantly wearing the robes of a wizard.
Background: A wizard in training who was disgraced by his lack of ability to do magic and was exiled from the high elf homeland The best wizard anywhere. He can do every sort of magic available. If you need magic, he's your guy.
Skillset: Sensing trouble, avoiding it strategically circumnavigating, scrounging money, conning people relieving the gullible of their golden burdens, He CAN NOT do any magic whatsoever DO ALL OF THE MAGIC!

Last edit by Elarian December 2, 1:03 AM

Offline Kael

• Credit to Saiyu for the awesome pic!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 08:22:17 am »
Humba

Race: Rat
Appearance: covered in leather armor, with tons of daggers hidden about his body. Gray fur, except his feet are the darkest black
Background: Master of a thieve's guild, Humba is the Pinky of the Black Hand, a religion that is all male and of the darker powers. He got the position by out-stealing the last Pinky, and is now head of their spy network.

Skillset: dagger throwing, sleight of hand, lock-picking, pursse cutting, a peculiar shadow jumping ability, where he slips into one shadow and comes out in another, and a knack for getting into hard places

[Hope this characters abilities are okay!]
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

And it does get so much better!

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 06:07:44 pm »
Name: Ara
Race/Faction: Human
Appearance: wears a tightly laced corset bodice, with luminous sleeves and skirts of a luminous, nearly sheer, shining fabric of periwinkle and laveder, bright turquoise eyes with heavy dark makeup and long wavy honey-blonde hair, has a beautiful ivory fox mask that she wears, it comes halfway down her face, with a long snout and elegant black and silver inscriptions all along its curves
Background: Living as a delectably teasing and unattainable bard, she travels from city to city to gather knowledge and songs, charming her way into men's purses to manage to survive the rough streets and making a name for herself. Very curious and adventuresome, chaotic, yet has a pure means to do good and is dedicated to her arts. She is very communicative, diplomatic, yet is uncontrollable and rebellious.
Skillset: very adept with the bow and the short sword, which she carries with her, both of elven kind, plays the lute and sings
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:59:29 pm by PsychotixxFoxx »

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 07:34:49 pm »
Background: Name: Faldwin Corvette Naidisbo
Race/faction: Anthro Serval

Appearance: He is abnormally tall for his age, about 6ft. Faldwin has a good build but looked lanky and boney to anyone who is not familiar with him. He has a light brown coat with a white underbelly and small black spots on his back. His hair is mid length, a navy blue, and excessively spiky. His tall black ears shoot above his hair, and the ears have a thick white line going across horizontally. All four of his paws are black and his tail is long, thin, brown like his coat, and stripes of black run horizontally down his tail leading to a white tip. His muzzle is short like all servals and his eyes are a powerful bright blue. (you might wanna research servals for a better idea!) he wears a loose red shirt and baggy grey pants with tight leather boots.

Background: Faldwin was only a kitten when his village was destroyed by dark elves. His village was one of the few Serval populated villages in the world at the time. They took refuge in Fahrin's Hall, and Faldwin was already the height of an adult dwarf. There were many other races in the city but they were the only serval family, making people very interested in him, especially the girls. But the dwarven trainers were the most interested in him, and began training him to become a soldier. Faldwin was the tallest in the training course and otften intimidated other trainees. Faldwin became s very strong soldier but was never as strong as any dwarf. He knew he was different and he was not comfortable with the dwarven ways. So his father thought him in the ways of the serval. Faldwin learned to fight, think, and act like his serval kind and the dwarven kind. His father taught him how to hunt and use clever tricks in battle. When the day came for Faldwin's final testing, he demolished his opponents with the tactics his father taught him. Since that day Faldwin was feared among his peers in the city, making him conceited and confident. Magic was not in his blood, he couldn't focus hard enough or cast any spells to become a mage.

He can be very conceited and has an attitude toward those he is annoyed with. Faldwin can be over confident at times and wants to his best in every detail. But to his friends and allies he is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, and cheerful. All you want to do is not get on his bad side.

Skill set: mastered dwarven weapons and mining skills. Uses the cat like fighting style of the servals. Fairly agile.

So I thought to myself, 'I'm either backing out of ths RP or I'm revising my character' so I revised faldwin a little and I hope it's okay!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 11:33:39 pm by Carter CatFox »
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 07:58:43 pm »
Name:   Axel de'Invari
Race/Faction:  Canidae
Appearance:  General canid features, but with a short muzzle, blunt teeth, dark eyes, long tan-colored fur, and human-like legs.
Background:  A wanderer with a knife, some silver, and the clothes on his back.  Axel doesn't know much about his past; in fact, he doesn't even know what kind of canid he is.  He's relatively introverted, but at times can be quite reckless in his way of doing things.  His earliest memories were those in the city, which he only recalled as a crowded and corrupted mess worth escaping from.    
Skillset:  Fast runner, excellent balance.  Resourceful and persistent.  Decent with a knife.  

Offline Alsek

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 11:10:28 pm »
((OOC:  All the character sheets up until now have been read,  All that were approved are listed in the OP.

I must ask,  that Kael,   PsycotixxFoxx,  and Carter CatFox please revise their characters.  It's a bit different from how things have been lately but I’m going to say that things need to be within the OP and the world thread.  If a certain kind of magic isn't listed,  it doesn't exist.  If a certain race isn't listed,  it doesn't exist.  Anthros are strait up anthros (though they can very in shape,  Plantigrade and digitigrade legs for example.

The character's personalities are all fine.  I'm just asking you double-check the races and abilities.

Planning to start sometime this weekend.  Thanks guys.

Going to start soon,  Please don't post in character if your character is not on the approved list.
))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 02:39:53 am by Alsek »

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 03:55:14 am »
(*I would like to participate fully in this, but I'm going to be a tad busy until Thursday.  Before then, I might not be able to commit to the RP 100%.  I can try and stay mostly out of the action until then.

My (recycled, once again) character sheet is below: *)

Name: Riél
Species:  Anthro (Black Wolf)

Appearance:  Riél wears very simple attire: a plain shirt and pants with a belt.  A grey spot that covers his right ear and a sizable portion of the right side of his face is his only physically recognizable attribute; aside from this spot, his fur is completely black, and he appears to be completely ordinary.

Background:  Riél is an interrogator for the criminal justice system of Vaul'Taurin, who begrudgingly accept his employment on account of his superior ability to act in that capacity.

Skillset:  Riél is a master interrogator.  To him, knowledge is safety, power, and influence, and other people, or as he calls them, "targets", are sources of such knowledge.  Because his style of interrogation could just as easily involve him taking a beating as giving one, Riél has high endurance as well as moderate unarmed combat skills.  For the most dire of circumstances, Riél carries an extremely well concealed whale's tooth formed into a dagger at his right hip, but he uses it rarely and usually foregoes other weaponry because he prefers to give the illusion of being unarmed.
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 07:56:35 pm »
Okay, scratch the shadow jump

Humba

Race: Rat
Appearance: covered in leather armor, with tons of daggers hidden about his body. Gray fur, except his feet are the darkest black
Background: Master of a thieve's guild, Humba is the Pinky of the Black Hand, a religion that is all male and of the darker powers. He got the position by out-stealing the last Pinky, and is now head of their spy network.

Skillset: dagger throwing, sleight of hand, lock-picking, purse cutting, and a knack for getting into hard places
The brain is capable of amazing things. If we could unlock its full power, magic would truly exist.

Offline Hashira

• they/their, she/her
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 11:37:15 pm »
Uh oh... I just revised my Character and you must have approved of him while I was rewriting him.... And I can't get back the Old bio I dont think...

Offline Alsek

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 12:13:39 am »
Uh oh... I just revised my Character and you must have approved of him while I was rewriting him.... And I can't get back the Old bio I dont think...

((Ooc:  It's actually a vast improvement.  Still approved.  ^^  )

Offline Alsek

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 02:53:14 am »
((OOC:   Let's take it nice and slow.  Starting it now))

The brisk night air gently swayed the city trees,  blowing small snowflakes in every-which direction.  Terrence Lambert,  a stately gray bat shivered and shook,  though,  he hardly seemed to take notice.  Even so, each snowflake that found it's way to his fur by the blowing wind was caught and stuck to another much like it, building an icy coating on any part of him that wasn't covered by his now faded suit.

It had been a very long time sense he had a worthy occasion to don it;  so many dull and dreadful years had passed.  Small holes appeared from broken seams and worn areas from long periods of storage exposed to the occasional mite or moth seeking somewhere warm to feed.  But there was no mistaking it.  Even in it's worn state,  the long coat style of the suit,  the double breasted buttons,  the pointed lapel, the jabot collar,  and the subtle family crest stitched into the top left side of the chest made it clear;  The bat was either a noble, or had been at some point in time.

The Lambert family had once held a considerable amount of prestige in the city of Vaul'Taurin.  The family owned a well rumored but hard to find walled off community.   Though it's size was massive,  the majority of it was concealed under the earth and only those who already knew of it's existence ever came or went.  Mostly only bats were ever invited,  though there was also the occasional political figure or influential noble.  The dark and twisting caverns dug deep under the city and there was little to no lighting in most areas inside.  Many family secretes never left the caverns,  but stories of the Lambert family elders using their wealth and political connections to their gain was enough to spark a public uproar.  As is often the case in Vaul'Taurin,  the people acted in vigilante justice long before any official decision was ever made.  The caverns were stormed.  Most inside were killed,  or taken prisoner to be publicly hung later.  The Noble family fell.  Those “lucky” enough to have survived went into hiding.

Whenever a noble family fell,  the survivors faced two options: Stay in hiding for the remainder of their years,   or attempt something drastic and amazing to regain the public support and their noble title.  Anyone foolish enough to get entangled in the fallen noble's ploy was sure to face extreme danger or certain death,  but in those rare instances where a noble is restored their power and their family's inheritance,  the rewards for those who aided the noble were near unfathomable to even a fairly well off commoner.

The bat was almost euphoric,  pushing through the heavy wooden door that guarded, "The Roaming troll" tavern.  He has hit by a wall of warm air,  the smell of sausage and ale,  and the sounds of loud traditional music mixed with the roar of a large crowd all once.  There could only two reasons why a noble such as T. Lambert would ever risk reveal his ancestry to the general public.  Either he was desperate, crazy, and looking for a way to go out with a bang,   or he had a very,  very good plan.  In Lambert's case? The two were not mutually exclusive.  He looked down at the wooden box in his left arm and smiled,  distantly wondering how something so small could be so very important.  For him the contents of the box,  though he didn't know what they were,  meant a chance at restoring his family name,  his honor,  and a life of luxury.  Everything was going to be okay from now on.

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »
Humba was moving among the crowd in the tavern. He was cutting purses, and reattaching them to other furs. <Just a little wealth redistribution,> He thought. He then nicked some of someone's gold on the table, and had his hand grabbed.

"Halt, thief. I saw that!" A bear growled at him.

"Me? Why I have nothing!" To prove the point, he opened his hands. There was indeed absolutely no gold in his hands. The bear grunted and let go. Humba scurried off, 10 gold pieces richer from his sleight of hand. He accidentally ran into a Bat that had just come inside.

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 11:53:37 pm »
In the shadiest corner of the tavern a tall thin figure meticulously shuffled a deck of thick cards. As the figure shuffled the intricate deck, he muttered in the rasping, lilting voice so common among wizards. Each eldritch syllable rose and fell in the methodical rhythm of the sea. The words ebbed and flowed until finally dashing across the rocks of his listeners.

Finally Elarian came to the end of his "magic focusing" of his cards. Everyone expected some magic mumbo jumbo with things like these, and the first rule of making money is give the people what they want. Elarian might not know a lot about predicting the future, but he did know a lot about making money.

"So, you wish knowledge not meant for any man. Then hearken well to my words." Elarian announced in his melodic yet booming 'wizard' voice. "First you have the love card." he went on, not even looking as he flipped the card over. Elarian was a mean hand at stacking the deck and knew that the love card was on top. "This means that you'll find love, or possibly that the love you already have will grow stronge-"

"And what would the death card mean?" one of the men opposite him.

"Irrelevant at this moment, sir. As I was saying-"

"I think it's pretty relevant... seeing as how it came up."

Elarian looked down at the card on the table. Sure enough it was death. Concerned that perhaps he had slipped the wrong card to the top of the deck, coughed slightly.

"Fear not kind sir, that card is a metaphorical death. Perhaps the death of a friendship or even the coming autumn." Elarian casually flipped the next card, doing well to hide his trepidation. The grinning skull leering at him from beneath the cloak on the card made his mouth go dry. He knew for a fact there weren't two death cards in this deck. "Um..." he said.

Panic gripping him he flipped the entire deck over, and began reading through the cards. Every card was identical to the two in front of him on the table.

"I don't know what he's even playing at." One of the men grumbled to the other, as both men left the gaping Elarian staring at his deck. His now ruined deck.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 01:05:38 am »
Riél sat calmly in the tavern, a warm scone in his lightly bruised hand.  Yesterday, he had interrogated one of his most tenacious targets, and though he had greatly enjoyed the experience, he had also been moderately beaten as a result.  He had taken the day off of work to physically recuperate.

He saw a confrontation across the bar.  A rat stood accused by a bear of stealing gold.  Riél did not see the gold being stolen, but that didn't matter; his trained ear could easily discern a lie of such a grating level of blatancy.  Under different circumstances, Riél would not intervene, but as an interrogator for Vaul'Taurin, and therefore part of the justice system, he had an occupational obligation to intervene.  He calmly set out to intercept the fleeing rat just before he ran into the nearby bat.

"You know, sir, you are just a terrible liar.  You might as well have been shouting."  He gestured toward the bear.  "I do believe that you have some gold to return to its rightful owner.  You found it on the ground next to him, am I right?"  His tone of voice made it clear that his most recent utterance was more of strong suggestion than a question.
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Mylo

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »
Even the sun's fiercest rays could not penetrate the cloud cover, the cotton blanket that the land dwellers associated with a coming snow storm.  Axel knew the sign, and so he looked out for a place to stay for the night, otherwise he'd spend yet another in the cold.  Better yet, a post would mean replenishment; Axel was running low on the necessities.  The sky faded to darker shades of grey, and Axel hoped he'd be lucky as he crossed the hill in front of him.  Below, he saw a city of considerable size but with considerable decay.  Just a bunch of thieves and greedy politicians... he thought.  He could see the various residencies being lit from the inside while city workers stretched to light the lamp posts adorning the streets and walls.  At least he had found a place to stock up and quickly leave after a warm night.

Axel walked into the valley.  Surprisingly, the sun took a final glimpse behind the clouds at the land beneath it before stowing under the horizon, ready for the next day and all its comings.  The walls were inconsistently built; the city's defense seemed inadequate.  Perfect. thought the canid.  He was wearing a brown tunic, some pants, and had a bag strapped over one shoulder.  Inside, he had a few pieces of bread, enough for maybe a couple of nights, a canteen of water almost filled with air, as well as a few pieces of silver (which he hoped to exchange for provisions) as well as a knife.  He readjusted the bag for comfort, and simply walked up to the entry roads.  No guards.  No spears.  Most of the residents had vacated the public spaces in favor of their homes or the local taverns.  Looking all around him, Axel deduced that this was a very diverse city; there were elves, humans, even other anthros. 

The sky was pitch black now, but snow drifted into view from the abyss above, sparkling in the pale lantern light as it faintly landed on Axel's fur.  Axel's body heat quickly melted it, but the sheer innocence of a flew flakes of snow spelled the nightmare that was a blizzard, probably looming on the horizon.  Axel picked a tavern and walked in with a few other residents.  He stayed calm and quiet, and quickly initiated his objective.  He walked up to the tavern owner, and asked, "Hello there.  My name's Kalo.  I'm running low on provisions and was wondering if you have an open room for the night?"

Someone growled behind him.  Axel quickly turned around and reached into his bag, but saw that the growl wasn't directed at him, but to a rat standing amongst the crowded space. 

"A little jumpy, eh?" said the tavern owner. 

"What?" said Axel, looking back at the bar.  He mumbled, "Just a little loud in here... I've got a few silver pieces," as he took a portion of his small wealth out of his bag. 

"Heh," growled the owner.  "You'd better watch your money there Kalo.  Lot a thieves around here.  A lot of thieves."

"I presumed," said Axel, focusing on his surroundings while trying to ignore the strange and foreign music. 

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
In the warmest and brightest corner of the tavern, a fair maiden strummed her gorgeous, ivory lute, singing in a raucous voice, one of the favorites of the year. A boy she had hired for backup would take up parts of his song on his horrid flute, at least managing to give her a moment for a swallow of the sour mead. At least the pay was good, she reminded herself again and again, as she had deftly dodged the demands of rough and drunk patrons. For the moment, it was well enough. The crowd would not get any better, she had remarked to herself when she saw the desperate rat enter, letting in a swirl of frosty air. At least most of the attention was diverted to the stupid rat in the center, and she lowered her voice to a barely audible mumble. She brushed a strand of her long, honey blonde locks from her eyes, squinting as she eyed the scenario around her.

[[I believe I did revise my character, but I'm not sure if it's still on the thread or not. Should I repost it?]]

Offline redyoshi49q

• Male
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »
« Last Edit: 12/04/11 (Sun) 06:59:29 PM by PsychotixxFoxx »

Approved Characters:

Player:   Character:
Alsek:Terrence Lambert
Carter CatFoxFaldwin Corvette Naidisbo
Kaloth:Elarian Sha'nathir
KaelHumba
Mylo:Axel de'Invari
PsychotixxFoxx:Ara
RedYoshi49q:Riél

(*You did change your character, and Alsek already approved your change.  You should be good.  (edit) Your post was the fourth one, you can review it if you want to double check yourself.*)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:55:52 pm by redyoshi49q »
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Hashira

• they/their, she/her
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 07:11:13 pm »
"Faldwin? Where'd you get to?" Faldwin's mother called. Her name was Cortiana, a dark brown serval with long black, wavy hair. She wore a baggy grey dress with a small leather belt around her skinny waist to keep it on. They were poor, no doubt, but they were living. "He's gone Corti, went off with his friends." Faldwin's father, Gabe, responded from the small kitchen. "What friends? He rarely goes out, and especially with others." Cortiana knew Faldwin never spoke of having any friend's but she was actually glad about that. Since servals are a very uncommon species in the Anthro phylum, they were often kidnapped or enslaved for large sums of money, and no mother would want to find out their son was mugged and sold into slavery. "I'm not sure," Gabe replied "But he was running out with a smile on his face. You don't see that from him very often, do you?"
"No, but..." Cortiana said uneasily walking into the kitchen, leaning in the doorway "You know what they did to our village, I... I just don't want him out there with strangers." she said. "Oh do not worry my dear! Certainly these 'friends' are no strangers to him!" Gabe laughed. 
"But their strangers to us, Gabe! He doesn't come home with a delightful young boy or girl every week to introduce them to us, and he's never shown us these str-" Gabe cut her off "Let him go, Corti, just let him go and experience life in this city of wonders. He's a kid, you know, and when I was a boy, oh did I love my friends!... We always go to Blah Blah Blah Blah, stone skipping Blah Blah Blah hiking Blah Blah Blah new kid Blah Blah-" Cortiana pretended to listen, but kept thinking about her only special son and all the dangers that he could be in.

"GERONIMO!" an elf yelled his delight, swinging from a rope into a beautiful blue lake. *SPLASH!* he went. "I wanna try!" A young dwarf yelled, running for the rope. "UGH! EH! AHG!" he jumped and jumped for the rope which settled too high out of his reach. He was wearing torn black shorts and his shirtless, short, chubby, but muscular body jiggled when he jumped 2 inches off the ground. "Faldwin! Gimme a lift!" the dwarf said. "Alright, alright... HUMPH!" Faldwin grunted as he grabbed the dwarf under the arms like a baby and lifted him to the high of the rope. "Thanks man! Now, uh..." the dwarf as ranging on the rope, not moving. He looked down and clung to the rope tighter. "Uh... Guys?" he said with a tremble in his voice. "Look at him, Jerry!" Faldwin said to the elf. "Oh wow! Oh dude!" the elf giggled. Soon both Jerry and Faldwin started cracking up at the frightened dwarf. "Hey! Stop it guys! This isn't funny! I'm slipping!" the dwarf watched helplessly as his two friends laughed at him. "If you don't get me down or push me I'll-!"
"Alright alright!" the elf laughed, jogging over to his friend. Jerry pulled the dwarf as far back as he could and launched him forward with a mighty push. "OOOOHH!!!" the dwarf yelled flying through the air, arms flailing. *KABLOOSH!!* the splash was so large, it sprayed Faldwin a little. "Alright Gharad!" he cheered. "Toss me the rope, Jerry!" he said. The scrawny white elf tossed the rope over to Faldwin who got a running start towards it. He jumped in the air and grabbed the rope, using the momentum, Faldwin flew much higher and farther than his dwarf friend Gharad. "ROCKET CAT!!!" He yelled. (The only thing that would make this better was if his body turned into a pop tart and rainbows flew out of his hindquarters, singing 'NyanNyanNyan!'). Fladwin dove perfectly into the water, far out from shore. His head surfaced "How cool was that?!" he yelled, his friends cheering and clapping for him. Thankfully his shorts stayed on. Fladwin swam up to shore and pushed his hair out of his eyes. Jerry was astounded by the amazing stunt his new friend just pulled. "How did you?! Show me!" Jerry was eager to do was Faldwin did, as was Gharad.
They swung for hours, doing flips, catching air, and lifting Gharad, but this was one of the only things Faldwin every did that made him happy to be alive. He felt like never training again, only adventure. But the day passed, Falfwin's mother grew more worried. After they lifted Gharad on to the swing and developed a way to lift him high off the ground to get him to swing farther, guards on chariot approached the half naked group. "Is one of you eh... Faldween?" the dwarven guard demande. "You mean FaldWIN, Right?" the cat said. "Yes, yes. Anyway, your mother-"
"Ahh no!" Faldwin complained, face pawing. "Did she REALLY get the worried? Oh for the demon's sake, mom!" he said to himself. "What, what?" Jerry asked. "Oh my mother is just so overprotective! Guards, tell her I'll be gone by sundown."
"She wants you know." one of them said. "Then tell her I'm okay and I don't wanna leave."
"NOW." the guard repeated. Faldwin sighed and said bye to his friends. "Wanna meet at the church Saturday?" Jerry said. "You bet!" Faldwin happily agreed "Bye Gharad!"
"Bye Faldwin! Ooh!" the dwarf slipped and fell off the rope. "I guess you could give me a lift?" the dwarf said painfully, standing up. "I'll catch a ride with you!" Jerry said. They all hopped on the guards chariot and drove of. "So you guys wanna meet my parents, see my place?" Faldwin asked. "Sure, I'd like to see it." Jerry said. "I think my mother would like to see you!" Faldwin laughed, pulling his dark red shirt over his head. He noticed dark clouds coming their way, and a slight breeze. All three of them were wet, and Faldwin would stay wet because of his fur. Seeing the clouds, the guards picked up speed and made their way toward the inner city. The breeze picked up, Faldwin shivered, Jerry's teeth chattered, but Gharad had all that extra meat of him to keep his body warm! "What's that down there?" Faldwin asked, pointing to a small house down in the mountains "Looks like a pub, full of thrives probably!" one guard said. Faldwin shrugged and watched the shack as it disappeared into the coming blizzard.

"Oh where have you been Fally!" Faldwin's mother hugged him unexpectedly. "Mother! Don't call me that! Look who's here!" Faldwin pointed towards the door and in stepped Jerry the elf and Gharad the dwarf. "pleased to meet you sir! Ma'am!" Jerry shook hand with them both and so did Gharad, who was expecting more of a house than this. They greeted each other and introduced themselves. Faldwin's father pulled Cortiana aside "You see? He's fine! He met friends, he had a good time..."
"and he's safe!" Cortiana said. "He's safe..." Gabe said, and pressed Cortiana to his side, rubbing her shoulder.

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 10:28:31 pm »
Humba knew not what Riel meant. "Unhand me! I have done nothing! Look! No gold other than what was already in my purse!"

It was true. There was no gold there other than what he had in his purse when he came here. Because, in truth, he had passed it off to one of his thieves of the guild. So he was free and clear. "If you want to blame anyone, blame the bear! He has a few wallets not of his own!" And Humba himself had put those wallets there...

Offline Alsek

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 11:36:21 pm »
((Ooc:  Kael,  A quick note.  Changing the past action of your character,  even if possible or conceivable is definitely godmodding.  I understand there's no way to know,  but your characters actions lack any sense,  hence why it's very suspicious that things were changed just to 'beat' redyoshi's character.))

Lambert's train of thought came to a crashing halt,  as the gruff and volatile setting in front of him took instant form and shape.  The once noble scowled with displeasure,  glaring at the rat that had collided with him.  Even a felled noble was not an individual one should ever trifle with,  and having come from a high family the bat saw this as a form of great disrespect.  Still,  ever the crafty one,  the bad sidestepped and passed by the rat and the city official,  dropping a few gold coins at the Rat's feet as he passed behind his back.

Offline Kael

• Male
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 11:00:07 pm »
[sorry, just one of the things he does, will let it be a bit more forewarned]

Humba glanced at the dropping coins, and plucked them out of the air. "Sir! You dropped these! Catch!" He yelked and flung them towards the bat, simultaneously pulling a smoke pellet out and throwing it at Riel's feet.

"See yah!" Humba said as the smoke exploded, obscuring vision. He slipped out the door, into the night, leaving the calling card of an Ace of Diamonds by the door. For he was the Guildmaster, well known for his Ace calling card.

Offline Kaloth

• Something goes here
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:16 am »
Elarian watched the exchange with a passing interest. He noted the smoke bomb, and the mediocre smoke it produced. For the briefest of seconds he thought back to all of the world's finest alchemists that he had worked with in the university. Any one of them could have left every single occupants lungs filled with smoke for hours after the detonation.

His  ruminations lasted only for a moment however, as a much more prevalent part of his mind took control. The elf was nothing if not an opportunist, and suddenly this tavern seemed rank with the stuff. Very casually he slipped over towards the wolf who had been arguing with the thief.

"Shame he slipped away so easily. If only there were some sort of mage around to assist in the capture of that foul miscreant." Elarian said, seemingly to no one.

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »
The acrid cheap smoke irritated the bard's lungs, and she scowled as the rat left. She knew him alright, that sneaky guildmaster who felt the need to establish some sort of reputation everywhere he went. She gently leaned her lute against her chair, and leaned back, heartily drinking some of the yellow ale. She excused herself from the skinny lad at her side, leaving him blankfaced with his flute in hand, and slipped into the crowd, hoping to find a morsel or too that would rid her mouth of the nasty smoky taste.