Author Topic: Blinding Lights, Corporate Sabatoge (IC)  (Read 4986 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Blinding Lights, Corporate Sabatoge (IC)
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:44:53 pm »
Jack 'Jas' Merit paced up and down looking his new 'Task Force' as he took to calling them, over. He could be heard muttering their names as he stopped infront of them, never turning to face them. "Joshua...Rick....Willow...Holly....Aaron...." Jas clicked his tongue a few times before standing facing out a window, muttering the names to himself again. After a few seconds he turned around to face his group. "Welcome.." His voice sounded smooth almost to smooth, it instilled curiosity, fear, and safety all at the same time overwhelming the senses. "Now you are all here for one reason or another. For some it was that your skills are valuable to use, for others....no wait...It's just that your skills will prove useful." He clicked his tongue some more then resumed speaking. "Joshua, Holly, and Aaron. You lucky three...I have something I want to share with you so much i'm practically bursting at the seams. I might actually explode unless I tell you. After our little trip through the med facility where we all got spinal chips, you three got a little something extra. A contingence plan if you will, we inserted into your Atlas a..well an explosive chip so if you ever so much as TRY!" Jas began stepping closer, bloodlust in his eyes. "TO THINK ABOUT DOUBLE CROSSING US, SELLING OUR WEAPONS OR GOING AWOL!!! YOUR HEAD WILL BE BLOWN OFF SO FAST FROM YOUR BODY..." Jas took a deep breath returning to his normal smooth tone. "and your arse will be the boss' new mantle piece got it? Good."

Jas stepped back to his original spot, looking his group over again. "Joshua, breaking and entering. Let's see how you do when it's not a simple low-tech building. Aaron, carjacking...let's hope those skills carry over to...let us say off market vehicles... Holly....not even impressive enough for me to bother with reading your file."

He began glancing back and forth between the last two. "Rick and Willow.....Rick damned good police work, almost caught me on several occasion, but of course you wouldn't recognize me without my press appointed name." He chuckled at that last bit. "and Willow the up and comer, heard they were going to give you Rick's old case of hunting me, was looking forward to it. New blood on the case, and I could spill some new blood for you."

Jas walked back to the window, looking to his left and then his right, his view lingering each time even though there was no one or nothing of importance to view. "Now before we head down and get ready for your trial run, do you have any questions for me?" He turned around a sly grin on his face. "Now remember children there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:47:16 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Blinding Lights, Corporate Sabatoge (IC)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »
(...you put holly and willow together...shouldn't criminals and cops be sepertate?)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:33 pm »
Aaron felt the back of his neck, rubbing it slightly . "Great. Just great. A couple small things I do and I get a bomb in my neck," he mumbled before he looked to Jack with an un-intimidated expression. "Look pops. I just wanna know how long I'm gonna have this thing in my neck. You guys can trust me. It's not like I've murdered anyone or anything," he said with a slight shrug. He figured his friends would find a way to get it out of his neck, one way or another if he wasn't going to get it removed soon anyways.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 11:12:31 pm »
(lel get something removed from your Atlas)

"That chip costs more than your life, and robbery doesn't exactly make you trustworthy. As for length, as long as I say." Jas looked him over again. 
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:51:40 pm »
Aaron backed up a bit as Jack looked him over. "Take a picture pops. It'll last longer," he said with a smirk. "And I don't know. I'm a pretty valuable person if I do say so myself. Or so says the number of contacts I have. I'll be outta here in three days tops. I've been in a clinker before and this ain't no different," Aaron said with a slight chuckle. "Anyways... I'd rather lick your dirty boots than do any kind of dirty work that goes against my morals."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 01:09:17 am »
"You think this is a prison? Ha what an idiot." Jas began taking off his right boot. "Here." He held up his boot to Aaron
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 09:06:51 am »
Rick looks stone faced as Jas goes through his initial spiel, when he's done, Rick says, "This one of those retro "reality TV" shows?  If so, I'm totally voting Aaron off the island first.  I don't really need the distraction of him loosing his head in front of me.  I take it you want someone observant for some reason.  If you want to be all mysterious about what you want done, I might have to start observing where the exit is."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »
Aaron crossed his arms as Jack tried to hand him his boot. "Uh... no thanks. I don't want any foot cheese."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »
"Then it looks like you'll be doing dirty work that goes against your morals, because your words carry no weight when you have no backbone." Jas switched his attention to Rick. "That is actually a wonderful idea, millions could be made off of that, but unfortunately for you this is not a tv show, there are no cameras. Also perhaps you would remember who I am a bit if I put one of these on a corpse for you." Jas flashed a playing card, it was a Jack of Diamonds, but it had been custom created as to where the Jack held a severed head in his left hand and a bloody blade in his right. "If I remember correctly society had taken to calling me...oh what was it...Ah yes the Jack of Blades. 43 confirmed murders by my hand, so close to completing my deck."

"And let us welcome our final two members of our disjointed family. Chanel and Izzy." Merit pointed towards elevator doors opening behind the group, pouring light into the room. "So good to have another cop amongst us, and her counterpart the Bounty Hunter. Helping the 'oppressed masses' now just a pawn to play with." Jas shrugged, clicking his tongue a few more times. "Any other questions or shall be get on with your trial run."

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:56:28 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »
Chanel and Izzy walked in out of the elevator. Chanel seemed rather dignified as she walked over towards her fellow officers "And I ain't just any cop...Kristal city's youngest Vice detective to be exact. Honored." Izzy on the other hand walked in, seeming like she was coming off a party "I'd watch it buddy boy...you speak to The Pisces Killer. Just finished a hit before I got here which I believe makes 39...gettin' close to your record. Felt good carving the pisces symbol into him...right on his face." She stood in the middle of the room not sure whether to go with the cops or the criminals. Her breath smelled faintly of bourbon.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 07:34:54 pm »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 10:46:04 pm by Tren »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 10:30:01 pm »
Holly smiled "the best criminals never get caught or connected to their crimes...isn't that right sister?" Willow sat in a corner apart from everyone, silent. If looks could kill, holly wouldn't be breathing with the glare on Willows face. They both wore skintight bodysuits, Willow's was black with a white left arm, and Holly's was white with a black left arm, both with a red border separating black and white at the shoulder and collarbone. Other than that, the two looked identical. "anyway, I'm honored you recognized me, I really have not done much noteworthy." Holly bowed to the group making sure to keep her eyes up.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 10:39:36 pm »
"No need to bow your majesty. I can assure you nobody else here cares," Aaron said rolling his eyes. "I'm just ready to get this over with so I can get out of here," Aaron said with a slight hiss.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 10:51:53 pm »
Holly smiled "i'm just being as respectful as possible, I wouldn't want to offend anyone" Momentarily Willows glare flickered to Aaron then met Holly's eyes. Holly's head turned to the left a tiny bit and Willow looked away scowling at the wall.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 11:20:16 pm »
"Now now children." Jas looked over at Holly "Once you view killing as the art form it is you'll begin to leave your own mark, nothing to get you caught, just something to make it yours." Jas glanced over at Izzy. "The bounty hunter understands, although she much more fills the role of vigilante." Jas walked over to the window again. "Oh and I thank you for your respect Holly, so few understand it anymore." He pointed the last words towards Aaron. "Now I'll only be answering a few more questions then we'll get going."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 11:42:57 pm »
"Art form maybe...but a pseudonym is better than a signature for such things, better to be known as Lewis Carroll than Charles Dodgson" she smiled "and better even to conceal that, lest the unworthy stumble upon the answer to the enigma that makes it an artform"

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 08:28:54 am »
Rick smirks at the card Jas held up for him, "So what's a matter *Jack*?  Disappointed I don't just leap at your throat?  Worried I forgot you?  I may be retired, but I don't have Alzheimer's..  Anyway, I think I detect the stick of corporate funding for your operations.  I've played this game before.  Only thing I wonder is why a killer needed to put bombs in the spines of other criminals.  You would think they would be more kin to you than the rest of us.  Or maybe that's because it wasn't you who was calling the shots as far as who gets what installed in them?"

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 09:07:00 am »
Joshua finally spoke, chuckling gloomily. "He put the chips in our neck, because hes not an idiot. hes a criminal himself. He knows that given an opprotunity to elevate ourselves, hed quickly find a knife in a lung or a bullet in the back of his head. so he is using this as insurance. The cops have a bit more credibility to their name, so they arent chipped, though id imagine he has ways of keeping their loyalty. Hmmph, im trapped in a room with a bunch of sadistic maniacs....."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 09:31:21 am »
Willow spoke up, her voice unexpectedly cold in comparison to her twins "Elevate myself? Speak for yourself...I'd just like to get to my quiet life of misdemeanors, traffic violations, and trespassing" she turned a flat gaze to Jas "like you said...nothing interesting..." she turned her head to stare at a corner  "So, what guarantee do we have that these chips will ever be removed? You have us as your playthings, what reason would you have to give that up? You could keep us till we die...So what do we have saying that you won't?" she continued to stare at the security camera.

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 10:11:15 am »
Rick snorts at Joshua's comment, "I get that the 'honor among thieves' thing isn't real, but I would think that fear would command a bit of respect with the 'survival of the fittest' approach.  A mass murderer, I think, would outclass a thief in that regard.  I'll bet you it's more of the fact that I couldn't just disappear of the grid, where criminals do that as a matter of course.  I also suspect that Jack is pulling the strings on all of this.  Now as for a motivation that has been offered to me - all I have had waved under my nose is 43 different reasons I should do the world a favor and put a bullet in someone.  If there is a motivation to actually participate in this operation, I'm all ears."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 01:08:52 pm »
Izzy nodded "Hit the bullet right on the primer Jack...I'm neither cop nor criminal, i'm mostly in it for the cheap thrills...and of course the cash always helps. I'm sure I've come up in more than a report or two hell a case or two might have passed by Chanel's desk. I'm sure you've seen some of my work Ricky boy, however given the nature of my targets i'm sure no one minds seeing them dead."

Chanel merely sighed "No need to brag sis...the department knows all about The Pisces Killer." Chanel looked over at Aaron "I remember this guy a bit. Seeing as my idea of a vacation is working the traffic desk. Not the best work but you gave a good run i'll say that much..."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 01:53:22 pm »
"Who says my run is over," Aaron said with a smirk as he crossed his arms. "I'm not too bad. I mean it's quite the chase when after about a year you guys caught me in my own home instead of a car chase. I lost you guys everytime."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 01:57:27 pm »
"Well Izzy you cleaning up the lower level street crime has actually help a fair amount in the corporate world. Now the motivation is as old as time itself. Money. Plus if I remember correctly Rick, the force didn't always see eye to eye. your version of interrogation was different from theirs, you knew that sometimes there would be collateral damage. You knew when to take the shot when the whole world was against you." Jas turned his attention back to Holly. "It seems our discussion of the art of murder will be put on hold for now." He returned his attention to Rick. "Actually no, I knew you couldn't forget me, I was the make or break case, I mean who do you think was sending you inside info. I wanted the sharpest mind after me and that was you, but your wrong about one thing. I'm not running the show. I have a chip in my atlas as well." He directed the attention of the sentence to Willow now. "The chips can't be removed, The Atlas is what your head pivots and rotates on." Jas moved his head about demonstrating. "Any surgical attempt at removal would damage the spinal cord rendering you paralyzed from the neck down, however we do have the means to de-activate it, we have a five segment kill code. Once we use it your ship can never be re-activated."

"And Joshua, the Cops do have ships, just not ones that go boom. Now onto business, as a gesture of good faith." Jas tossed them all touchscreen pda's "Aside from being able to sent schematics and mission updates, that can also." Jas pressed a few buttons on his causing everybody's pda to go to their bank account, where a transfer of 150 thousand credits had been made. "Access your bank account where you can see the Owner of this wonderful corporation has seen fit to give you a small taste of what you can make here." Jas walked over to the elevator uncovering the control panel "If you prove useful and we don't terminate you, you will be staying here where we have set up rooms on the 89th floor custom to your preferences. No rent must be paid, but you will be in charge of your own amenities such as internet and the works, but just come visit me about that." The door of the Elevator open, Jas stepped inside. "All aboard, next stop the Armory."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 02:21:50 pm »
Rick looks down at the PDA, then back up, "OK, so motive established.  Welcome to EmpireCorp, right?  I still can't imagine what kind of operation you have going here that mixes cops and criminals like this.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see."

Rick strides to the elevator, muttering to himself, "Hope that's one big elevator.."

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 02:57:46 pm »
Joshua followed, quickly and silently evaluating the PDA's value. it was quite impressive. He stood in the corner of the elevator, intrigued at the armory promised, but determined not to grow to complacent."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"