Author Topic: Help? (Adesso Cybertablet Z8)  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
Help? (Adesso Cybertablet Z8)
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:59:40 pm »
My graphics tablet (Adesso Cybertablet Z8) has been working fine for the past month, but the pen sensitivity suddenly (as in within the past hour) shot way down, to the point that my using the pen as a mouse pointer would only work if it was touching the tablet, and it would still only read the pen as left-clicking, not "moving" in the truest sense. I changed the battery and it seemed to help, but now the pen does not pick up on all of my movements and does not articulate them as well as it used to. Could someone tell me if this is a software problem, hardware problem, or both? And, if my pen is trash at this point?

Edit: okay, so it will sort of work-ish over parts of the screen where there is nothing to interact with without right-clicking, but the moment I click something, the cursor will all together stop working unless I use a mouse or the laptop touchpad. It's taking forever to render data inputs (it won't even draw a line in the program that it was working just fine in not but an hour ago), and it's overall speed is incredibly slow.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 02:28:26 pm by Leeseetsa »
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
Re: Help? (Adesso Cybertablet Z8)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 04:56:51 pm »
First thing to try is uninstalling then reinstalling the device drivers and software. If that fails to fix the issue then at least you can say it's not the device software. If it's a hardware issue then using it on another computer should yield similar issues to those you're currently having.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
Re: Help? (Adesso Cybertablet Z8)
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 12:24:12 am »
Well, it seems to be working now. 0_o I'm gonna call aggie doctor on this one and say it's okay, but hardware shouldn't randomly die out like that... maybe it just needed an hour or to for the battery to warm up? Thank you for the help, Weiss. I'll report if anything screwie happens in the future.
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you